October 25, 2014 | 1657 users online

Foundations - Sally Hansen - Natural Beauty inspired by Carmindy Airbrush Spray Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by neffymakeupxoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It makes me laugh seeing the "natural beauty" label since this isn't the least bit "natural" if you look at the ingredients. It's loaded with chemicals! I wore it once and I got a shade too dark so I decided to keep it for summertime. When I wanted to use it the other day, I sprayed it and it was grey! lol Some chemical reaction must've occured in there, or maybe with the gasses in the air :P
The first ingredient is butane, which is used to light fuel :/
A far as coverage, I do like the finish, it really blends in with your natural skin tone and looks like your not wearing any makeup. But you have to use so much because one spray only covers a little area and the bottles small, and i payed $16 for it in Canada. I won't be repurchasing

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by lauranc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is okay. I probably would not buy it again. This was my first time trying airbrush makeup. The coverage is very light and it is difficult to blend. If you have uneven skin tone, acne, redness, scars, etc.. this is not for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Kathrynhartwell

I hate that this product is being phased out (as it seems all of hers are) becuase I love it, and I have just now been able to use it. I've always had problem skin that I just now got under control, and always needed heavy coverage foundation. Now that my skin is great, I tried this (I almost died 2 years ago in the store when I saw it - I had always wanted to try something like this after watching WNTW, but really couldn't bring myself to buy what she uses.) It's a great light coverage, my skin looks flawless. It covers the minor imperfections I still have, but I NEVER feel made up. I spray a little over my entire face, buff it in, then touch up by spraying a little on my hand and using a sponge to go over spots that need a little more coverage. I use light powder, though I could probably go without it. My blush looks phenomenal when I put it on, very even and I always feel like I look kind of glow-y. I think this is a great product for someone looking for light to medium coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by 1hipchick

Hg for me! Gives me flawless, airbrushed skin. I use light-medium and it's a very close match. It lasts all day with no breakouts. I don't follow the instructions to apply. I cover my (blonde) hairline, and just lightly spray evenly over my face. Then I use my SK shrunk brush to strapple and then buff gently.

Love it but try to only buy with a coupon. I hate paying $14 for a drugstore product, but have paid full price when needed.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by baboyd

I really enjoyed this foundation, nice coverage and it didn't leave my skin oily, I didn't even really feel like I needed to powder after for once. Unfortunately this broke me out badly and left me with a horrible rash for over a week. I wouldn't classify myself as having sensitive skin by any means but something in this product does not like me.
It was also soooo expensive for drugstore. I don't know how much this product cost elsewhere but from my city in Canada it was a whooping $21. Way too expensive for a couple uses and bumpy inflamed skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by heathermjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My infatuation with airbrush makeup began a year and a half ago when I participated in Gainesville Fashion Week. The time came to have our makeup done by the wonderful artists from Sephora. As I waited for my turn, literally under the gun, I realized that they were using Dior Airbrush Makeup. It was love at first sight. The makeup was wonderful, flawless and I later found out that the makeup had such great coverage because it does not seep into the skin like your typical foundations, but it sits gently on top. I later went to Sephora knowing that I could not afford the entire system, gun and everything (plus it seems a little difficult to apply yourself), so I looked at the next best thing, Dior's Airflash foundation. This product was $60 and you were supposed to spray it into your hand and then apply it to your face. I felt like this was defeating the purpose, got discouraged and trudged back home. A while later, I read a review about Sally Hansen's version of this product and was pretty excited, as the price is only $13. I bought it and now love it. Things you should know:
1) Your skin must be well moisturized before you apply the product, or your face will be a mess
2) Only spray in your hand what you can put on your face before it dries
3) As with many foundations, you will probably need to apply powder after this product.

Picture http://www.makeupalley.com/account/picsearch.asp/page=2/pagesize=9/u=heathermjones/

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by NotHerAgain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Gotta say, I love this makeup. I have crazy oily skin and this stuff feels awesome and keeps it pretty under control. I have to powder once after applying but then I'm pretty oil-free for about another 8 hours.
When I apply I first spray it onto my fingers and smooth it over my face, but then I spray it directly on my face and smooth it out with my fingers and it looks rad. Super natural and flawless looking. It also feels great and very light.

I have noticed that after going through two cans (which didn't take very long; about two months) my skin is starting to get used to it and the oil is coming back with a vengence, so I'll probably have to switch it up for a month or so and then go back.
It's also kinda pricey for the amount you get, and hard to find. I could only find it at a Rite Aid for about $13. But I think it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by oatmeal800154809

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think the trick to making this product look nice on your skin and to cover everything you need covered is the application!! Don't blend this product in like you would a liquid foundation. Stipple it on with a sponge. Spray the foundation on to a sponge then dab it gently and quickly on to your skin. This product has lasted me about a month and a half and I still have some left. And I also love that you don't need to cover your whole face with this foundation to make it look like your skin is all one color. It looks great as just a spot cover. I definately reccomend this foundation to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE TRICK IS THE APPLICATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, people with dry skin should exfoliate and moisturize before using this foundation (and all other foundations). I would absolutely buy this foundation again! I love it!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by m3c

I absolutely love this product! LOVE it. I have never used anything like this before, and I love her liquid foundation as well, but this? This really is incredible. I can't find it anywhere though. Everywhere that carried her line, doesn't now. Only one or two out of ten or more places have it and then it is this completely tiny version of her line. Many of the colors of her foundation show DC (discontinued) and I'm going to lose it if they discontinue this line. I now buy three at a time so it will last me, jic I stop being able to find it at all. Only thing I don't like is that it doesn't last very long. At least the last two I had sure didn't. But I love it and will get it either way.
UPDATE:
Still love this product, more now than ever, I cannot get over how her foundations wear, it's incredible! They don't fade, smudge, shine. It looks as great nine hours later as it did when I applied it in the AM. However, have had one issue with all the foundations and pressed powders and that is that they don't last very long, not compared to others I've used in my life... though it won't stop me from using it, solely. I would still never use another foundation again except hers, I'm going to have to stock up I fear, if I want to always have it that is... the line has been disappearing from the stores that carried it. There are only two stores now where I can find it and they have a really small version of her products, unlike the way it was initially. Please don't let this get discontinued!

UPDATE: What the heck is going on? I can't find ANY of this line, ANYWHERE. And I have seriously looked. This is the best and only foundation both liquid and spray that I have ever used. It's flawless, looks completely natural, never creases and erases lines, never gets shiny and I never have to do touch ups. I do NOT get it. Her powder especially the neutralizer is rockin, yet? where? and I can't find anything about this online anywhere. No one seems to be mentioning it, including Sally Hansen. This is a sign of the apocalypse I'm certain.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by MissAuroraD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a love-it-or-hate-it foundation. I saw a youtube review on this saying how incredible it was, that it was probably THE best drug store foundation. My friend and I both bought one; I got light and she got medium. She absolutely LOVED this. She said it made her skin very air-brushed looking. I used it and it didn't look like I had anything on. I still clearly saw a couple spots and redness. I tried using more product in those areas, but it really didn't cover. I felt like I used a large amount of product when it didn't even cover much. I didn't enjoy the texture once it was applied either. On top of that, the smell is offensive. It doesn't have that 'makeup' smell... it smells awful. Barely a week later, and after telling my friend what I thought of the foundation, she said that hers ran out!! It hardly lasted. She did buy it again, but she doesn't use it as her daily foundation since runs out so fast.