Estee Lauder Swiss Performing Extract

Water, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Butylene Glycol, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Squalane, Propylene Glycol Dipelargonate, Petrolatum, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cetyl Esters, Glyceryl Stearate, Isostearic Acid, Soluble Fish (Pisces) Collagen, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Wheat Germ Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Laureth-23, Fragrance, Ethylhexylglycerin, Aminomethyl Propanol, Carbomer, Limonene, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Isoeugenol, Eugenol, Benzyl Salicylate, Disodium Edta, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol

on 9/21/2012 11:37:00 PM

This product is the best moisturiser I have ever used. It is very runny and really hydrates the skin well. It takes a good 5 min for it to seek into the skin but once it does it leaves skin so soft. It's great under my makeup (EL double wear).

I tend to get blemishes on my chin and blackheads on my nose area. To combat this I use BEnzac AC 2.5 benzoyl peroxide gel. This can really dry out skin and leave flakey patches. The EL Swiss perform extract combats this dryness with one application.

I can not recommend this product enough. It has worked wonders on my skin and works well in conjunction with the anti blemish products I have been using.

It is hard to find in Australia but I order it online for around $45. The bottle is a good size but it really needs a pump applicator as the product is very runny.

Fantastic product for my skin but may be a bit to moisturising for oily skin.

on 9/20/2012 9:51:00 PM

Moisture:
It's definitely a very moisturizing product. I've used their Hydrationist moisturizer for dry skin, and the Swiss Performing Extract is thinner but more moisturizing than the Hydrationist. Swiss Performing Extract is also more moisturizing than the Time Zone moisturizer (my favorite one).

Skin improvement:
The job of this product is to keep one's skin moisturized. Other than this, there are no tone evening or wrinkle reducing effects for me. I've one tiny wrinkle between my brows that's visible to myself. Time Zone helped me get rid of it, at least temporarily. But, SPE didn't make any changes.

Value and packaging:
Compared to other Estee Lauder moisturizers, the price is lower since there's a lot in a jar. There's no pump inside, so one has to dump the moisturizer out. Like I said, this product is runny, so I'm careful to not use too much.

Downsides:
I break out if I use these in the evenings.

on 7/30/2012 3:45:00 PM

okay right off I have to say this is not something I would purchase and in fact received it as a gift. I have really mixed feelings on this, on the one hand it does deliver results. My skin is nicely moisturized after use, however the aroma is tuff to get around and I can't get it anywhere near my eyes (typical though for me). I've been using periodically in places that are not to close to my nose. I wouldn't re-purchase, it just isn't right for me.

on 3/25/2012 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a wonderful moisturizer that really hydrates skin. Its more of a liquidy lotion than a heavy cream. It leaves my skin feeling velvety smooth, I've gotten many compliments on how nice my skin looks. I was a bit worried when I bought it because I'm not a big EL fan but I'm happy to say I was pleasantly surprised. The only issue I have with it is it has a weird smell to it but it goes away within five minutes, unlike philosophy's hope in a jar, which literally makes me want to gag. I will definitely repurchase!

on 3/20/2012 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great moisturizer.This really works on my dry skin.My skin is even toned,forehead wrinkle disappeared.The packaging is old fashioned,but you can take a little out of the jar without contaminating the product.The scent is ok as long as the product performs

on 3/5/2012 6:49:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I just purchased the product and love love it so much! I have dry skin but not sensitive. I have tried so many daily moisturizers before but this one and this one ONLY is the best. It is so so hydrating. Other creams from Lancome, MAC, Channel, MaryKay, Dosha, even the EL hydrationists are just not this hydrating at all. They are either very liquidish and dry out very fast, or are too thick to be absorbed and just sit on the skin. This moisturizer is not doing any of those above. After you put it on, it warms up your skin a little bit. I think it is burning the fat underneath your skin to make your face look smaller? I dunno. But it feels great! Try it. And EL should never never discontinue this product. Please don't.

A few weeks later: my skin got so so so much better! whiter, smoother, even-toned, texture more refined. I am definitely purchasing this again and recommended it to my mother too! :)

on 1/9/2012 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

my on again off again love affair which has lasted 3 decades.

it is hard to find because EL makes it so.. but it is one of the best moisturizers since it does just that, moisturize without causing break outs or using silicones. Use under makeup for day -- when I was younger I used it alone. Now I use it with an eye cream and LaMer on top. It is an incredible product but as the other reviewers state, you must ask for it as it is not widely promoted. As long as they don't discontinue it anyone who loves this product is safe.

when I don't use this, my skin shows it.. when I go back on it I glow again.. and at my age .. ANYTHING that makes me glow is worth big money.

on 1/9/2012 1:38:00 PM

This is my face saver (literally). I've been suffering from eczema like dry skin and allergic reactions to some of the most high end products. The other products left my face greasy w/o moisturizing, didn't moisturize enough, broke me out badly, or gave me hives. I've tried and/or used drug store products (Olay & Neutrogena) to department brands (Lancome, Shiseido, Clinique, Dior, Chanel, Philosophy, La Mer, and Estee Lauder Time Zone Night). I was getting desperate!!! There were dry patches on my face that would not go away. Then I hear about Swiss Performing Extract. I thought "Why not? So what if I end up smelling like my grandma. As long as it WORKS!". I found ONE bottle at a Bloomingdale's store. You have to ask for it, it's not on display with the newer products. After two weeks of usage, my dry spots went away, my skin tone is even, and I feel like a baby again! This stuff is a miracle. I say pass on some of the other newer and more expensive products, and stick with this Swiss Performing Extract. The only complaint is the fragrance. It's a really strong citrusy floral scent. But I got used to it, and I will buy this product again and again. Please Estee Lauder, do not discontinue.

on 12/1/2011 6:38:00 PM

I have been using this lotion for a month. I bought thanks to your reviews. I do like it. I do like the green scent and the texture. I do feel is a very good moisturizes and the price is better than other moisturizers by the same brand. I will review after some months to see if it really helps in preventing wrinkles.

on 10/8/2011 10:33:00 AM

I used Swiss Performing Extract from the age of 25 to 45 and absolutely loved it. I would try other moisturizers and would always go back. I would use it at night and also under my makeup daily. The secret to using under your makeup is to use it - it's a little oily, then wait 10 to15 minutes and then put your makeup on. Works great! I'm 60 and noticing more tiny wrinkles....I haven't used it in a few years - but am purchasing a bottle today. If you want pretty skin, use Swiss Performing Extract....and a special note to Estee Lauder....please, please, always make it available to those of us who after many years of use....know it is good!

Popular Moisturizers