September 18, 2014 | 1681 users online

Moisturizers - Estee Lauder - Swiss Performing Extract

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by loveoutdoors

okay right off I have to say this is not something I would purchase and in fact received it as a gift. I have really mixed feelings on this, on the one hand it does deliver results. My skin is nicely moisturized after use, however the aroma is tuff to get around and I can't get it anywhere near my eyes (typical though for me). I've been using periodically in places that are not to close to my nose. I wouldn't re-purchase, it just isn't right for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 3:35:00 AM More reviews by Kmarji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful moisturizer that really hydrates skin. Its more of a liquidy lotion than a heavy cream. It leaves my skin feeling velvety smooth, I've gotten many compliments on how nice my skin looks. I was a bit worried when I bought it because I'm not a big EL fan but I'm happy to say I was pleasantly surprised. The only issue I have with it is it has a weird smell to it but it goes away within five minutes, unlike philosophy's hope in a jar, which literally makes me want to gag. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by sindu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great moisturizer.This really works on my dry skin.My skin is even toned,forehead wrinkle disappeared.The packaging is old fashioned,but you can take a little out of the jar without contaminating the product.The scent is ok as long as the product performs

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by lizyu6688

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I just purchased the product and love love it so much! I have dry skin but not sensitive. I have tried so many daily moisturizers before but this one and this one ONLY is the best. It is so so hydrating. Other creams from Lancome, MAC, Channel, MaryKay, Dosha, even the EL hydrationists are just not this hydrating at all. They are either very liquidish and dry out very fast, or are too thick to be absorbed and just sit on the skin. This moisturizer is not doing any of those above. After you put it on, it warms up your skin a little bit. I think it is burning the fat underneath your skin to make your face look smaller? I dunno. But it feels great! Try it. And EL should never never discontinue this product. Please don't.

A few weeks later: my skin got so so so much better! whiter, smoother, even-toned, texture more refined. I am definitely purchasing this again and recommended it to my mother too! :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

my on again off again love affair which has lasted 3 decades.

it is hard to find because EL makes it so.. but it is one of the best moisturizers since it does just that, moisturize without causing break outs or using silicones. Use under makeup for day -- when I was younger I used it alone. Now I use it with an eye cream and LaMer on top. It is an incredible product but as the other reviewers state, you must ask for it as it is not widely promoted. As long as they don't discontinue it anyone who loves this product is safe.

when I don't use this, my skin shows it.. when I go back on it I glow again.. and at my age .. ANYTHING that makes me glow is worth big money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 1:38:00 PM More reviews by carebear617

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my face saver (literally). I've been suffering from eczema like dry skin and allergic reactions to some of the most high end products. The other products left my face greasy w/o moisturizing, didn't moisturize enough, broke me out badly, or gave me hives. I've tried and/or used drug store products (Olay & Neutrogena) to department brands (Lancome, Shiseido, Clinique, Dior, Chanel, Philosophy, La Mer, and Estee Lauder Time Zone Night). I was getting desperate!!! There were dry patches on my face that would not go away. Then I hear about Swiss Performing Extract. I thought "Why not? So what if I end up smelling like my grandma. As long as it WORKS!". I found ONE bottle at a Bloomingdale's store. You have to ask for it, it's not on display with the newer products. After two weeks of usage, my dry spots went away, my skin tone is even, and I feel like a baby again! This stuff is a miracle. I say pass on some of the other newer and more expensive products, and stick with this Swiss Performing Extract. The only complaint is the fragrance. It's a really strong citrusy floral scent. But I got used to it, and I will buy this product again and again. Please Estee Lauder, do not discontinue.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by eky321

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this lotion for a month. I bought thanks to your reviews. I do like it. I do like the green scent and the texture. I do feel is a very good moisturizes and the price is better than other moisturizers by the same brand. I will review after some months to see if it really helps in preventing wrinkles.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 10:33:00 AM More reviews by bestatanyage

I used Swiss Performing Extract from the age of 25 to 45 and absolutely loved it. I would try other moisturizers and would always go back. I would use it at night and also under my makeup daily. The secret to using under your makeup is to use it - it's a little oily, then wait 10 to15 minutes and then put your makeup on. Works great! I'm 60 and noticing more tiny wrinkles....I haven't used it in a few years - but am purchasing a bottle today. If you want pretty skin, use Swiss Performing Extract....and a special note to Estee Lauder....please, please, always make it available to those of us who after many years of use....know it is good!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2010 1:21:00 AM More reviews by pommecirce

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It is a shame Estee Lauder keeps this product out of sight. I worked for Estee Lauder and tried most of their face care products and can say they were ok but nothing special. I kept looking for a lotion for my sensitive skin and found the Swiss Performing Extract. It worked wonders on my sensitive fair skin and I was really impressed with its quality and results.
When my rep asked why I chose Swiss Performing Extract out of all their skin care products I was honest and told her because of its mild smell (Lauder face creams are too heavily scented) the quality of the product and that it helped my sensitive skin. She huffed and said "well that stuff is so old,it reminds me of the 70's and its for old women . Keep it out of site and promote new products ". I was shocked a rep would say that. But in my opine Estee Lauders Swiss Performing Extract is a timeless product and a must if you have sensitive skin and are also sick of getting face cream and lotion that smells like pure perfume.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

Learn from my mistakes and then buy this. I used literally hundreds of products before finally coming back to this. My mother used this into her 80's and had perfect line-free skin. Now both myself and my daughter use it,day and night. It is not sitting out with their fancy new products, you have to ask for it because it's kept hidden under the counter. And they usually only keep one or two bottles in stock, a lovely white glass bottle, it contains soluble marine protein, plant oils and natural Swiss herbal extracts. This is one of those products that is excellent for very dry skin to promote elasticity, but don't hesitate to try it even if you are combo. I couldn't use this when I was young as I was acne prone. Thank God it hasn't been discontinued yet and I hope it never is. EDIT November 2010 - This is now my main moisturizer/treatment for day and night. It seems to be the only thing that works on my very dry finicky and sensitive menopausal skin. A 100 ml bottle is $56 Canadian.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No