September 20, 2014 | 1169 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Sculpt [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by MinnieBeth

This concealer is AMAZING for covering up any spots or marks etc. However, it gives me the WORST acne. I suffered from acne quite badly when I was about 14/15, I stopped wearing make up and went through the Retin-A treatment (which they don't give you in the UK unless you have bad acne as it is very very stong). As a result I no longer suffer from acne at all. However, I used this concealer again a few months ago for only TWO days and straight away I had huge spots just like before. I've tried it again since and it did the same thing. It causes such bad acne that it takes quite a while for the spots to go. I am very disappointed as I think this is probably what gave me acne all those years ago :(. Anyway, it's a shame as it does offer such great coverage but so not worth it for the pain, scarring and spots you will get! STAY AWAY IF YOU HAVE ACNE PRONE SKIN!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by sayakhansa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I originally bought this to cover some minor blemish marks but I would say, I'm very unsatisfied. First, the shade NW35 is completely wrong. It came out bright orange on me, I looked like I had sun strokes on certain parts of my face, not good. Second of all, it claims to be a full-coverage concealer but it really covers nothing. The wrong colour-match also makes it impossible to build up, the blending part is terribly iffy and it clings to the dry patches on my chin. For the price, it's pretty damn disappointing. Would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Adi96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite concealer for the fall and winter season. It is very full coverage, goes on easily and lasts for over 8 hours. When I wear concealer and powder, I don't have to touch up at all! The only downside is that it is not built for warmer seasons. At all. Don't even attempt to wear this during the summer; too heavy.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2012 2:54:00 AM More reviews by dawnwong

I'm using my second bottle of this. I have it in NW20 for my fair-ish oriental Asian skin.

Maybe cos it's old, but I've noticed recently that it's clogging my pores quite badly. But the cover is good for big blemishes and scars. Not good for under eyes as it gets cake.

Colour doesn't blend as well into my Make Up For Ever foundation but t might get another simply because the price point is friendlier.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 2:37:00 AM More reviews by meems

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually use Studio Sculpt foundation in NC15 (I'm a very verrry pale girl). When I tried this out, I initially tried the lightest color, NC15, but it was too light! That's the first time in a long time that the lightest shade in something was too light for me. So, I cautiously tried NC20 at the insistence of the SA. SUCCESS! It erased my unsightly spots and looked like nothing was there. I have been using it for a month now and I still like it. I sometimes don't have time for full foundation so I just cover the bad spots and I'm good to go. I use an E.L.F. concealer brush but I'm hoping to get a better brush soon. Still, even with a cheapie brush it works well. I gently pat the concealer onto the blemishes after I use the brush to apply. Love this stuff! Expensive but I have barely made a dent in it in a month. It seems like it will last a very long time. I even love the glass jar. It seems high-quality and is much better than a pump (usually dispenses too much) or a tube. I like how substantial the glass jar feels in my hand.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by feveragnes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have NC 30 and NW20, which serve my original pale complexion and fake tan face really well. They are very mosturizing and easy to blend, but it's not longlasting enough for its creamy nature and it's a bit too heavy for summer. What's good is it can be applied both on eyes and face, which are quite versatile when it comes to concealer. I don't like the packaging, as I have broken 2 of the containers already. I prefer the container like Studio FInish which's more durable.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2012 7:57:00 AM More reviews by juillet4paris

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

My cousin is a MAC artist and she recommended this color to me NW40. This is very creamy and tends to fill in any lines that you may have which then looks cakey. The color at the end of the day tends to turn a little orange. For this to look OK you have to make sure that the area is very well moisturized and that you set with powder. The little jar is nearly finished and I'm now looking for another brand. Not impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by courtneyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have acne prone skin there for I need a high coverage concealer and so far this is the best I have come across. I'm also really pale and struggle to find a concealer that matches my skin (which is really important), but this does perfectly! It covers well but it can be quite hard to blend and seems to cake under my powder as the day goes on. It's also not suitable for under the eyes as it creases easily. It may seem pricey but it lasts for months even though I use it everyday. Overall I would only recommend this for people who wish to cover blemishes rather than dark circles.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 1:56:00 AM More reviews by annettepe

Best concealer that mac offers in my opinion. full coverage, not cakey, very creamy and blendable. the color matches me perfectly too. love this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by lavvy76549

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so upset that this is not available anymore. I love the coverage. It did not last as long as the studio finish.

The studio finish lasted almost a year with one container this only lasted a few months but it covers up everything. I wish I can get some more.

I will admit that it does not blend as well as the studio finish but it is opaque and once you blend it it stays put all day without being too oily.