MAC Cremesheen - Creme Cup

4.3

on 1/10/2015 4:14:00 AM

Cremecup is the first Mac lipstick I have ever tried and the first one I have ever purchased. I consider Mac an investment, so after much thought as to which color I should purchase, I decided to go for Cremecup. I picked Cremecup because it reminds me of a mixture between "Angel" and "Snob." I felt as if it were more of an everyday, wearable color than Snob, but more baby doll pink than Angel. I'm really into baby pink/nude lipsticks. Cremecup is a gorgeous, light pink color with what I believe to be peach undertones. It is a cremesheen, so it has somewhat of a dewy finish. It goes on fairly opaque, but can be built up, although only one or two coats is really needed. It smells like vanilla cupcakes, which is just one more reason I love it. Maybe it's just because it's my first "high end" lipstick, but this has become my everyday, HG shade. I gave it four stars because for the price if it, I wish it lasted a little bit longer. I reapply it every hour or two, especially when I'm out eating or drinking. It also tends to settle into the lines on my lips, as well as feel sticky and almost uncomfortable at times. None of these things are too big of a deal, as Cremecup is still my favorite lipstick for now. I'm pretty fair skinned right now because it's winter, but I originally bought this for Spring because I feel like it will be even more gorgeous when I'm a bit more tan. All in all, it's just the perfect, wearable, soft pink. I went ahead and purchased another tube of it while I had the money, and when I finish those two, I will repurchase. I'm quickly becoming a Mac addict, and I'm looking forward to trying more shades. I would like to try Snob and Angel, as this seems to be a combination of the two. If you are looking for a more wearable version of Snob, then I definitely recommend Cremecup. It's a wonderful lipstick!

on 1/1/2015 8:51:00 PM

The colour of this lipstick is really great, however, I find that the formula isn't the best. I feel like this lipstick clings onto dry patches and also it leaves a gross film on the inside of my lips after wearing it for a few hours. Not too sure, but I g

on 12/24/2014 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Makes my lips look just beautiful. Is perfect for everyday wear. It is expensive as all the products of MAC, but if you like it you buy it again.

on 11/12/2014 1:14:00 AM

I am in the camp that does not get the fuss about this product. To me it is very drying. The color is nothing special. The packaging, for the price, is nothing great (although I do get the Mac sleek concept of packaging, I just feel for the price they could have better/ better quality packaging). I just think there are too many drugstore lippies out there these days that Creme Cup is nothing special. If you love it, great!! I just think it is over-rated. Was very disappointed.

on 10/9/2014 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I'm always looking for another MLBB shade. I don't have a MAC nearby so I had to guess online. This shade is too pigmented pink to be a MLBB shade, but it is a perfect pink on my NC15-20 skin. It's mostly a neutral shade of pink, but it leans a bit on the cool side.
I wear Reve de Meil lip balm under it (I can't wear any lipstick without either balm underneath or gloss on top).

on 9/28/2014 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this! This is becoming my "go-to" shade! Makes my lips look full-just beautiful. Sometimes I do put MAC "Snob" gloss over-very pretty!!!! xoxo!!

on 9/28/2014 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I'll be honest, I'm just writing this review to get the word out about how great this lipstick is so that they never discontinue it. I've seen it referenced in fashion magazines, and I know this is a popular shade already, but I wanted to add my two cents about how amazing this shade is. It's a pale ballerina pink that is perfect for everyday wear. I can wear it to the office without fear of looking too done up (very rarely would I say that about a lipstick). I hope everyone who tries it likes it as much as I do. I've had my tube for well over a year and it's still good, so I would say it's well worth the price. MAC lipsticks are reasonable because some of them (for example this) are just amazing.

on 9/15/2014 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Beautiful pastel pink lipstick. Looks really nice on both light or dark skin types. However I dislike the fact that this lipstick does not last long. I wear it for about 10 minutes and it's gone. I would purchase this lipstick for $7 or less. $16 is way too much.
I still leave 4 stars because I really like the color.

on 9/3/2014 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I AM IN LOVE!
This is the first MAC lipstick i have ever bought and it's amazing! I have olive skin and it suits me really well. I can never wear red lips or anything too pink or bright so this is the perfect nude pink shade! The application goes on really well, it last forever and i will happily buy this product again. Defiantly worth the money!

on 8/27/2014 7:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I've picked this up at Heathrow Airport. I was looking for kinda sexy but the counter lady said they don't have that in stock and I have just picked creme cup.
It is the perfect pinky nude shade! But I must say this will go good with people who has olive skin tone. I think people with fair skin should stay away from it.
It is very good lasting power.
It is both very good for summer and winter!

Popular Lipsticks