October 20, 2014 | 1588 users online

Foundations - Chanel - Lift Lumiere Fluid

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by victoriamckenzie

I've always really liked Chanel and thought it worked well for my skin/skin tone. However when I used this, I felt that it was clumpy and made it look like I had pounds of makeup on. Also I felt as if I had a slight orange tint to my skin. Other Chanel foundations work much better than this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by AshleyRivers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I the first time I used this product was on my aunt & it went on absolutely beautifully! I couldn't get over how flawless it made her skin, but when applied on me it was awful and wore off within the first coupl of hours. I think this is definitely better for mature skin, but not sure if it's worth the $99 per bottle. I may purchase it later on for my kit, but when this bottle runs out I won't be repurchasing for now.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by jihanhalim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first time to write a review. And I am only writing to share my disappointment.
I've always used mineral powders but felt that I never really achieved a flawless skin with the powders. So I have decided to try using a liquid foundation instead. I have used a lot of cheaper ones including Loreal True Match, Bourjois Healthy Mix, Sephora, MUFE, Neutrogena etc. They all didn't really work well for me as I have a very sensitive and acne-prone skin so I thought maybe a high-end product would work better. My friend recommended that I try this and immediately went to check the review here in MUA. I was pleased to see that the reviews were very high so I bought one from Areej in MOE. It was very expensive, 260dhs here in Dubai. So I was so excited to start using it with high hopes that maybe this could be my HG foundation which will make me look very flawless the entire day and maybe help with anti-aging as I am turning 32 this year already. I was wrong! This made my face super oily, so oily you can fry an egg! Tried it with different setting powders including Sephora, Neutrogena and Smashbox but the result was still the same. Then my face started itching and I broke out. Really disappointed, until now I haven't found the right foundation for my skin. Perhaps I will just stick to mineral powders or powder foundations. My fave mineral from boots was discontinued and now I am having a hard time to find a new one. I gave mine to one of my closest friends as I cannot return it to the shop anymore. What a waste of money. :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just bought a second bottle of this even though it is ridiculously expensive.
It blends in really well with my skin so I can use it sparingly at parts where my skin is OK and use a second layer where I have scars and blemishes.

The consistency is rather fluid and not very rich or moisturizing but it doesn't dry out my skin at all. I can apply it best with my fingertips, which I love ( no need to carry extra brushes around) The pump is great since it get's all of the product out, no need to ply open the packaging to get the last bit out like I did, there was nothing left!

The finish is not too dewy and not too matt , just perfect. Also the lasting power is pretty impressive. Overall my favourite foundation so far. I will continue to buy unless I find something cheaper.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

I love this foundation and alternate between this one and the MUFE hd one. I can do one light layer of this foundation or 2 or even 3 layers (for evening) My skin is a little bad recently due to IVF treatments (its usually very smooth/clear) so at the moment i do like a heavier coverage and what I love about this i can do 2-3 layers and it still looks great- slight glow, not too heavy and covers everything. I am always self tanning though and find shade 50 natural slightly orange in the day, although i can def get away with it at night. I have had to buy the shade beige 40 and mix it with the 50, so i do wish there were more shades.with the chanel pressed powder this stays on all day really love it

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 3:31:00 AM More reviews by Elena1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of the best foundations I’ve ever used. There are four things that I like the most about it:
1) It is a long lasting foundation. The first time I applied it I was amazed that after 11 hours of wearing it, my skin still looked so good as if I applied my foundation just recently! I truly didn’t expect that the foundation can last that long and so good! (I touched it with powder only once when usually I am doing it few times a day)
2) It is a buildable foundation. You can build the coverage from light to medium. And the skin won’t look cakey because of two layers of the foundation. In most of the cases I blend it with the fingertips over the entire face (like a moisturizer) and then I apply the second layer only on the areas that need more coverage.
3) It gives a super natural finish. It makes my skin look better but at the same time it stays invisible. Once I asked my husband if he sees any foundation on my face or he thinks that I didn’t apply any today. And guess what? He told me that he sees just a nice skin and believes I don’t have any foundation on. In reality I did have foundation on and I had applied it few hours before I asked him. So it really looks natural.
4) It doesn’t dry out my skin. I have combination skin that is prone to be dehydrated in winter. Even if it looks ok after moisturizing, most of the foundations immediately dry it out and I end up with dry patches on the skin. This foundation works really well for me. It is nourishing enough and at the same time it is not too creamy and heavy, so it provides perfect comfort for my skin.
And now few words about “firming and smoothing” – I personally believe these words are just to attract the customers, just marketing... You can interpret “smoothing” as light-reflecting; it is more true to life. And as for “firming”, I really doubt it makes the skin suppler, at least my skin feels the same... maybe I just don’t have a mature skin and that’s why I don’t feel much of a difference. It’s hard to say.
If you need a lifting sensation and want to look like a celebrity on the Red Carpet I strongly advise you to give a try to Clarins Beauty Flash Balm as a makeup base for this foundation. These two work wonderful together!
And another small thing – this foundation contains titanium dioxide (like many others that contain SPF) that reflects the light, so I think it is not good for photos with a flash, as it will make your face lighter than your neck.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2013 6:51:00 AM More reviews by Emmalou0250

I have wore Chanel Perfection Lumiere for the past two years & Matt Lumiere before that but was looking for a change & something more luminous. The SA recommended me the Lift Lumiere as it had the same coverage as Perfection Lumiere but had a glow to it. I was 30 beige in the Perfection & she sold me the 40 beige in the Life Lumiere rest assured they are the exact same shade.

I got home eager to try it out and was horrified to first find out it was orange & second to find no coverage at all. So if you are a 30 beige in the Perfection you are NOT 40 beige in the Lift.. i swatched both of them & the 40 is AT LEAST 2 shades darker if not 3!

In my opinion it is more of a tinted moisturizer with no coverage & made my dry skin look quite greasy & oily. Big no no for me unfortunately :(

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Jellyblob

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation after my frustration with Perfection Lumiere. I was matched to 20 Clair intensity 1.5 (I'm not sure what the numbers for intensity mean but from what I had gathered, any intensity ending with a Zero has pink undertones and those ending with a 5 has yellow undertones). My face is usually flushed so this was superb at taking out any redness from my cheeks (making me an even NC20 with the rest of my neck and upper chest area).

This foundation has a thin, runny consistency. Despite this, it covers very well and evenly too. I still need a little concealer with undereye circles though, especially on days where I can pass off as a panda. The finish is not matte or shimmery. Just a little luminous. I apply it with my fingers and buff it with a sigma kabuki brush like F82 to get it out of my pores or it would settle there (i can't see it with a normal mirror but I do see the settling when I use a magnifying mirrior). It lasts through most of the the day on me, even without a primer.

I can't tell if it has any lifting benefits or not. The only"liftng" part I can see is the illusion of the skin being brightened. I think this is a good foundation but I am not wowed by it. I have tried cheaper foundations that can do the same job or better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by butny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i like my lift lumiere if im going for a non full coverage look. i would say is medium coverage. it iluminates my oive skin and it stays matte if i apply my dream matte maybelline powder after it. this foundation does not matches well with silicone primers so dont go there! is best used with a bb cream or just a good moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in a love-hate Battle with this foundation right now! When I first apply it, it looks terrible...patchy, uneven, yellow...BUT about 15 minutes later it sinks into my skin beautifully and the finish is quite nice. Even my husband commented on how pretty it looked, which is what made me hang on to it because he never notices things like the finish of my foundation. I've found that finger application is working best for me so far...I tried my trusty MAC 187 brush and for the first time, it was a no go. I haven't tried a beauty blender yet, as I need to grab a new one in a bad way. I'm partially to blame for the application frustration I think...I've gotten so used to the sheerness of most of the recent "raved about" foundations, I have become rather rusty at applying a full/medium coverage fluid. The shade range is not great here in the USA (but we have a better rage than the French release of this formula thankfully!). I'm usually the lightest shade in most formulations/brands, but the 14 Ivoire in Lift Lumiere made me look sick and sallow. The shades then jump up to 20 Claire here in the States, and although it was a better match, it was the tiniest bit too deep so it's taken some tweaking with powder to get it right. I really wish we had the shades between 14 and 20 available to us like the lucky folks in Sweden! Anyway, Lift Lumiere is a keeper for now...it is a bit heavier than Vitalumiere Aqua liquid and compact, but that's to be expected with a full/medium coverage product. It's not so heavy that I'd be deterred from wearing it. As I said before...if you apply it and hate it, wait about 15-20 minutes before you throw in the towel because it totally transforms as it dries and settles onto the face. I wait that long before applying any powder/blush/concealer, and it makes a big difference. Will I repurchase? Probably....I'm still on the fence with that decision and will update when I'm sure :) Happy Holidays to everyone!