Chanel Lift Lumiere Fluid

Aqua (water). Cyclopentasiloxane. Titanium dioxide. Ethylhexl Methoxcinnamate. Dimethicone. PEG-10 Dimethicone. Glycerin. Phenyl Trimethicone. Butylene Glycol. Boron Nitride. Polymethylsilsequioxane. Pro-Pylene Glycol. Sodium Chloride. Talc. Stearic Acid. Phenoxyethanol. Alumina. Camellia Kissi Seed Oil. C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer. Methylparaben. Aluminium hydroxide. Disteardimonium Hectorite. Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate. Tocopheryl Acetate. Psium Sativum. (Pea) Extract. Propylparaben. VP/Dimethiconylacrylate/Polycarbamyl/Polyglycolester. Alcohol. Sodium Citrate. Sodium Hyaluronate. Silica. Potassium Sorbet. Chlorphenesin. BHT. Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract. Ethylparaben. Tocopherol. Denatonium Benzoate. [+/- (may contain) CI 77007 (Ultramarines). CI 77491, CI 77942, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides). CI 77891 (Titanium Oxide). Mica]

on 12/24/2013 5:03:00 PM

I bought this after looking in the mirror at our local mall, and seeing that my minimalist tinted moisturizer was just not covering enough. The SA at the Chanel counter was so pushy and trying to sell me other things that she wasn't paying attention and sold me the wrong foundation. She told me that perfection lumiere was her recommendation for me based on the needs I described. When I wound up with Lift Lumiere instead, I was actually relieved due to the more favorable MUA reviews. The color she chose for me was 20 clair, which is actually a good match, but perhaps a tad too dark/orangey. This cost me $65 US, which I believe may be the most I have spent on foundation, but I would have been fine with that if I liked it. However, I don't. I can't seem to get it to work right--I've used fingers to apply, brushes, primer, no primer, and it just seems to accentuate pores, stick to dry patches, and just in general looks cakey. And I have an extremely light touch. I put the pump up against the back of my hand to release a dot, and then do that again if I need more. A couple of times, I have had to start over, and exfoliate, remoisturize, etc., in order to make it look decent. I'm finally at the point where I realize that my foundation should work for me, not the other way around. Especially at such a high price point. Oh well.

on 11/29/2013 11:59:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Love love love love
I have tried VA, nars, Clarins, Lancôme, Estée LUder, Mac, you name it. Even clinique and I have reacted to so many and this is THE ONLY one I haven't. stila was good but the finish was almost masking. Lift is luxurious, it has dimension. My skin is flawless when I use the loose powder over top and I don't need to blot till late afternoon or at all. I bought 30 over the phone but just picked up 40 today at the Bay. I will use both colors or mix. It feels like real skin but softer. It feels like it nourishes my skin, I just love it so much and the smell.
I am so happy to fun my all time favorite foundation !!!

on 11/16/2013 12:22:00 AM

I love this stuff. I've been foundation shopping and have acquired a load of foundation samples but this stuff, I purchased.

I have normal/combination skin. I put this on and it evens out my skin tone, gives a lovely glow and is the closest to a foundation that 'looks like skin' that I've ever worn.

I read the reviews and destructions that came with it and so I moisturise first, let the moisturiser settle, then I quickly apply this with my fingers. It gives a lovely sheer coverage and I forget that I'm wearing foundation.

This and LancĂ´me Teint Miracle are now my two favourite foundations. Ludicrously expensive, but the finish and look is worth it.

I've always really liked Chanel and thought it worked well for my skin/skin tone. However when I used this, I felt that it was clumpy and made it look like I had pounds of makeup on. Also I felt as if I had a slight orange tint to my skin. Other Chanel foundations work much better than this one.

on 6/22/2013 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I the first time I used this product was on my aunt & it went on absolutely beautifully! I couldn't get over how flawless it made her skin, but when applied on me it was awful and wore off within the first coupl of hours. I think this is definitely better for mature skin, but not sure if it's worth the $99 per bottle. I may purchase it later on for my kit, but when this bottle runs out I won't be repurchasing for now.

on 5/30/2013 1:55:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is my first time to write a review. And I am only writing to share my disappointment.
I've always used mineral powders but felt that I never really achieved a flawless skin with the powders. So I have decided to try using a liquid foundation instead. I have used a lot of cheaper ones including Loreal True Match, Bourjois Healthy Mix, Sephora, MUFE, Neutrogena etc. They all didn't really work well for me as I have a very sensitive and acne-prone skin so I thought maybe a high-end product would work better. My friend recommended that I try this and immediately went to check the review here in MUA. I was pleased to see that the reviews were very high so I bought one from Areej in MOE. It was very expensive, 260dhs here in Dubai. So I was so excited to start using it with high hopes that maybe this could be my HG foundation which will make me look very flawless the entire day and maybe help with anti-aging as I am turning 32 this year already. I was wrong! This made my face super oily, so oily you can fry an egg! Tried it with different setting powders including Sephora, Neutrogena and Smashbox but the result was still the same. Then my face started itching and I broke out. Really disappointed, until now I haven't found the right foundation for my skin. Perhaps I will just stick to mineral powders or powder foundations. My fave mineral from boots was discontinued and now I am having a hard time to find a new one. I gave mine to one of my closest friends as I cannot return it to the shop anymore. What a waste of money. :(

on 4/3/2013 10:44:00 PM

I just bought a second bottle of this even though it is ridiculously expensive.
It blends in really well with my skin so I can use it sparingly at parts where my skin is OK and use a second layer where I have scars and blemishes.

The consistency is rather fluid and not very rich or moisturizing but it doesn't dry out my skin at all. I can apply it best with my fingertips, which I love ( no need to carry extra brushes around) The pump is great since it get's all of the product out, no need to ply open the packaging to get the last bit out like I did, there was nothing left!

The finish is not too dewy and not too matt , just perfect. Also the lasting power is pretty impressive. Overall my favourite foundation so far. I will continue to buy unless I find something cheaper.

I love this foundation and alternate between this one and the MUFE hd one. I can do one light layer of this foundation or 2 or even 3 layers (for evening) My skin is a little bad recently due to IVF treatments (its usually very smooth/clear) so at the moment i do like a heavier coverage and what I love about this i can do 2-3 layers and it still looks great- slight glow, not too heavy and covers everything. I am always self tanning though and find shade 50 natural slightly orange in the day, although i can def get away with it at night. I have had to buy the shade beige 40 and mix it with the 50, so i do wish there were more shades.with the chanel pressed powder this stays on all day really love it

on 1/30/2013 3:31:00 AM

This is one of the best foundations I’ve ever used. There are four things that I like the most about it:
1) It is a long lasting foundation. The first time I applied it I was amazed that after 11 hours of wearing it, my skin still looked so good as if I applied my foundation just recently! I truly didn’t expect that the foundation can last that long and so good! (I touched it with powder only once when usually I am doing it few times a day)
2) It is a buildable foundation. You can build the coverage from light to medium. And the skin won’t look cakey because of two layers of the foundation. In most of the cases I blend it with the fingertips over the entire face (like a moisturizer) and then I apply the second layer only on the areas that need more coverage.
3) It gives a super natural finish. It makes my skin look better but at the same time it stays invisible. Once I asked my husband if he sees any foundation on my face or he thinks that I didn’t apply any today. And guess what? He told me that he sees just a nice skin and believes I don’t have any foundation on. In reality I did have foundation on and I had applied it few hours before I asked him. So it really looks natural.
4) It doesn’t dry out my skin. I have combination skin that is prone to be dehydrated in winter. Even if it looks ok after moisturizing, most of the foundations immediately dry it out and I end up with dry patches on the skin. This foundation works really well for me. It is nourishing enough and at the same time it is not too creamy and heavy, so it provides perfect comfort for my skin.
And now few words about “firming and smoothing” – I personally believe these words are just to attract the customers, just marketing... You can interpret “smoothing” as light-reflecting; it is more true to life. And as for “firming”, I really doubt it makes the skin suppler, at least my skin feels the same... maybe I just don’t have a mature skin and that’s why I don’t feel much of a difference. It’s hard to say.
If you need a lifting sensation and want to look like a celebrity on the Red Carpet I strongly advise you to give a try to Clarins Beauty Flash Balm as a makeup base for this foundation. These two work wonderful together!
And another small thing – this foundation contains titanium dioxide (like many others that contain SPF) that reflects the light, so I think it is not good for photos with a flash, as it will make your face lighter than your neck.

on 1/28/2013 6:51:00 AM

I have wore Chanel Perfection Lumiere for the past two years & Matt Lumiere before that but was looking for a change & something more luminous. The SA recommended me the Lift Lumiere as it had the same coverage as Perfection Lumiere but had a glow to it. I was 30 beige in the Perfection & she sold me the 40 beige in the Life Lumiere rest assured they are the exact same shade.

I got home eager to try it out and was horrified to first find out it was orange & second to find no coverage at all. So if you are a 30 beige in the Perfection you are NOT 40 beige in the Lift.. i swatched both of them & the 40 is AT LEAST 2 shades darker if not 3!

In my opinion it is more of a tinted moisturizer with no coverage & made my dry skin look quite greasy & oily. Big no no for me unfortunately :(