April 17, 2014 | 898 users online

Shampoo - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Dandruff Relief Dandruff Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by naomi9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

YAYYYY! My scalp has always been flaky. I've tried all the drugstore brands, the fancy drugstore brands, men's hair shampoo, the whole salami to no avail. I thought it was buildup, so I tried clarifying shampoo, I thought it was dry scalp, so I tried moisturizing shampoo. You know the story. But after I blew dry my hair, I always had FLAKES. Until now.

I just bought this and used it this morning. It is kinda smelly, but it's not that bad to me. Guess what, no flakes!!!! I'm amazed. WOO HOO! I think it's the sulfur that does the trick (and makes it smelly).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 5:28:00 AM More reviews by goldensyrup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I originally purchased a bottle for my husband through a seller on ebay who sold many natural products. My husband has a chronic itchy, sensitive, flaky scalp and we are always on the hunt for good haircare that helps his condition. The first bottle I bought was nothing short of a miracle, I noticed it had a potent herbal smell and a yellowish colour. My husband raved about it, it cleared his condition up and people even commented that his hair was growing back!! Excited by this I went on Ebay and purchased 6 more bottles. No mean feat as they were $10 USD each plus I paid over $40 for airmail from the USA here to Australia. I haven't seen Jason anywhere here so buying it online was my only option. After using another bottle my husband started complaining of an itchy red scalp again and said the shampoo "no longer works". My Mum who I gave a bottle to said the same thing!! Perplexed I checked the bottle, gone was the potent scent and I also noticed the colour had changed from yellowish to white! The ingredients listed on the sticker on the front are also quite different to what is listed in the actual ingredients list. I now have many useless bottles just sitting here.

I am wondering if Jason has changed formulation at any stage? If so the newer formulation is vastly inferior. PLEASE revert back to the original formula!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by littlepoppy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been battling an itchy, flaky scalp since I was a kid. At least 15 years on and off. I've tried so many products over the years, ranging from supermarket brands, organic and natural shampoos, shampoo bars, expensive dandruff relief products - basically everything that has worked for other people hasn't worked on me. Selsun Gold treatment worked for a time, but I seem to have developed a tolerance to that.

Jason Dandruff Relief isn't available in Australia so I purchased it on Ebay . It is the only product that has almost completely cured my itchy scalp from the first wash. I am so impressed! 3 washes in and my scalp is itch-free for the first time in forever.

I would be giving this 5 stars if it weren't for the fact that the product hasn't actually gotten rid of my flakes, which is a shame since that's what it's designed to do first and foremost right? Thankfully, I am scratching so much less that the flakes aren't as noticeable on my clothes or in my hair.

I would recommend this to anyone who is suffering from an itchy scalp, especially those who have found that nothing else works. I find it doesn't lather all that well and I need to use a good amount of water when lathering, but that is a small price to pay for itch relief.

I really hope this stays available on the internet!

Update - one year later and this shampoo is still helping with my itchy scalp. Maybe not as much as it did when I first starting using it, but enough to make it the only product I will consider for relieving the itch. Unfortunately it does nothing for flakiness, and I need to use a different cream around my hairline to combat the most noticable flakes. It's worth it for the decrease in itchiness though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 10:11:00 AM More reviews by m1zzja3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hi everyone,

I have a question, rather a comment about the product. I live in Toronto, Canada...where can I buy this product in stores? I don't want to pay shipping fees!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by lusciouspreciousluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I'm reviewing this for my husband. After I read some negative comments on the main ingredient found in T-Gel (his old favorite) I wanted to find a more natural alternative for his dandruff. I found this at Whole Foods. He loves it. He says it makes his scalp "feel good" lol. I personally have never used it, but smelled it and do not care for the scent, at all. But I do notice it gets his hair squeaky clean, and no dandruff!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by flamencovixen

I was using over the counter Nizoral for my dandruff and itchy scalp but decided to try something more natural. I read about a natural ingredient called neem that was good for itchy scalp and that this shampoo had it.

I really like this shampoo. It keeps my dandruff and especially my itchy scalp under control as long as I use it on a regular basis. This shampoo is thick and doesn't get sudsy. To make it effective, I like to apply it on my scalp and leave it for about 30 minutes and then jump in the shower to rinse it and apply conditioner. I put the shampoo in a plastic squeeze bottle with a pointy tip (the same type of bottle that one would use for hair dye) and then apply it directly to my scalp (the pointy tip allows me to put a concentrated amount on my scalp.

The one negative is that the smell is pretty strong (it's from the sulfur). Even when I follow up with another scented shampoo and a conditioner and then dry my hair, I can still smelly it in my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by cjeta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because the shampoo I usually use (Kersastase) costs $30 and I was looking for something cheaper. But I had to return it after 2 weeks.. It did nothing for my dandruff, my scalp was itching the same day I washed my hair. Will have to keep looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by magicalbee

I wanted to review this product for the scent alone! I must be the only person who actually found the smell rather appealing, it has a very unique herbal fragrance with obvious tea tree overtones. Anyway, every drugstore dandruff shampoo I have tried has made the problem worse. I tried this last night for the first time and my scalp definitely feels less itchy, but I still have some flakes. Obviously it will take a couple of applications so I am not worried. I love the tingly sensation, and it really made my scalp feel nice. Will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by nicolecamren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have only used this shampoo twice but let me just say that it is Amazing!!! The first time i used it my scalp felt so great. I didnt wash my hair till 5 days later and that was only because it was looking frizzy; usually it's because my scalp feels itchy. I'm sure if i had flat ironed my hair i could have gone a week or longer. The shampoo has some great ingredients in it including: neem,tea tree,rosemary and msm :) Honestly this shampoo works a lot better than head and shoulers, or any other danduff shampoo i have used. I would totally recommend it, and if my opinion changes i will come back and update.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Kirat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a dandruff victim for many years, I have tried numerous anti-dandruff shampoos, before stumbling upon this one at my local GNC. I figured, "What the heck, I've tried everything else, what could possibly go wrong if I tried another?". I'll tell you what could go wrong: absolutely nothing! I love this shampoo! It works on my dandruff like nothing else has. Sure, the smell is off-putting, but it's a small price to pay for a flake free scalp. Besides, it gives me the chance to go shopping for yummy smelling conditioners!