Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Mineral Makeup

4.1

MICA, DIMETHICONE, NYLON-12, ZINC STEARATE, SILICA, METHICONE, SQUALANE, MAGNESIUM MYRISTATE, SEA SALT/MARIS SAL/SEL MARIN, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, SILK POWDER/SERICA/POUDRE DE SOIE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHEROL, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL, ALUMINA, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) STARCH, BUTYLPARABEN, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR ( /-) BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), CARMINE (CI 75470), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

on 7/9/2013 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I'm not someone that uses a lot of foundation or powder all the time, but oh my goodness. This has to be the most natural looking powder I have ever used. It's perfect. The finish literally just looks like my skin and the coverage is amazing. I can wear this alone without any problems. With that being said, I don't have many blemishes or discoloration besides one or two acne scars, so take that into consideration. The forty dollars for this powder hasn't guided my opinion about this because it was given to me. The packaging is a little odd because you turn a dial to make more loose powder, but I don't mind :)

on 5/13/2013 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have this in shade 09 (in the old black packaging) and I am a bit darker than shade NW47, but lighter than NW50 if that helps - in RCS I mix Caramel (45%) and Cappuccino (55%).

This is a great foundation for oily skin and I don't need to re-apply during the day. It has a nice matte finish, without being too cakey. No breakouts after 6 weeks of useage and I find that in the UK it is available for around £5 (I guess I am not the only one sleeping on this product).

on 4/29/2013 6:03:00 AM

This is my HG. I have been using this for 3 years and it never occurred to me to write a raving review about it (slaps forehead). What was I thinking??

This is absolutely the BEST mineral powder I have ever used and I have tried a hell lot. Good coverage, zero allergic reaction even with my ultra-sensitive-prone-to-eczema-and-breakout skin. It sits comfortably on my skin throughout the day, in my tropical climate, weathering sebum and perspiration. Very impressive. I apply this on top of my DHC (japanese brand) primer foundation to achieve full work/party/hot-date coverage.

And one tub of this lasts very long too. Usually 3-4 months on a daily-use basis. The applicator that comes with it is rubbish of course, as shared by other users. I use Bodyshop's Kabuki brush (which is meant for its own brand of mineral powder, and yes I have tried it) and it works PERFECTLY. Reasonable price too. Other kabuki brushes cost an arm and a leg.

I have to say I seldom use one particular product so CONSISTENTLY for such a long time. Once I started using this my search for mineral powder effectively ended.

on 4/20/2013 3:42:00 AM

I really like this foundation! Having dry yet combo skin, I am always fearful of mineral powders. I normally use a prof esthetics foundation. But I was looking for powder with a high spf.

I picked this up at a Winners at a discount, I was lucky enough to stumble onto it after I had read good reviews. I paid about 1 third or 1é= quarter r department store price

Color 02 is PERFECT for my slightly olive fair skin. Like exact. I don`t like the puff its pretty useless you need a brush, I love the dispenser and I am scared to use too much:)) It covers very nicely in a soft finish, you can dab extra bits onto minor blemishes without needing concealer as you would for larger ones.

Can`d do much for my large pores on my cheeks but that`s life, it is a beautiful mineral foundation. I`ll def buy again even at full price.

on 2/19/2013 7:16:00 AM

Love this foundation. Excellent light coverage you can build up, and does not look heavy or sit in the creases! Stays the same colour all day and does not change. By the end of the day, just need to touch up the oily area. The twist up dispenser is fantastic - none wasted, unlike other powders where I tend to waste about half of it and get too much on the brush. So WHY have EA discontinued shade 01, the lightest one? Back to the drawing board :-(

on 1/14/2013 8:39:00 PM

First of all, I would like to say this product has BEAUTIFUL packaging. It is no longer the black container, but a beautiful gold and silver container. Although the packaging feels a little cheap, it looks really luxe. I would say the finish of this powder is between the bare escentuals original and matte version. It controls oil ok, but I noticed I have to blot once or twice a day. However, this is really expensive. The EA mineral foundation is $39.50/.29oz while the BE one is $27/.28oz and the clinique one is $34.50/.63oz. The Clinique and EA have a similar shifter, so I might try the Clinique one next time because it has double the product but is cheaper. All in all this is one of the best mineral foundations I have used, but I do not know if I can justify paying so much for it.

on 7/24/2012 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is really lovely. I love the case it comes in, when you turn the top it finely takes off the top of a hidden block of mineral makeup who h isn't exposed to the elements like a lot of other packaging. This makes you look 'sun kissed' and healthy. I used color number 4. The only bad thing about this is that it is very light coverage. So it is only useful for ppl with no blemishes and nothing to cover. I do have good skin, by very now and again I will breakout so then I couldn't use this. This also doubles as a nice powder to put over the top of liquid foundation too. I preferred the Laura mercier mineral powder as you can put it on very lightly, but when you need more coverage it allows you to build it up as well. Probably won't be buying this again. I will be trying the mineral bronzing powder they have come out with.

on 5/9/2012 8:37:00 PM

I had tried every mineral powder foundation on the market and thought they were an expensive waste of money until I came across this little gem. The packaging is genius - you shave off as much as you need by turning the dial, so there is no wastage or mess. The powder puff that comes with it is absolutely useless, but I can forgive them for that because the foundation itself is just so gorgeous!!!! I had to purchase 01 Porcelain online because you cannot buy it in Australia. We only go down to 02. The colour is luminous and is medium to full coverage without making you look as though you are wearing a mask. It looks natural and feels so comfortable on your skin. I apply it over LaRoche Posay Anthelios 60+ Sunscreen and I am good to go. I even use it around the eye area as concealer and it is amazing! I apply it with a kabuki brush by VaniT and even the smallest amount makest the biggest difference. Amazing!

on 1/27/2012 8:57:00 PM

I would buy this product again. Because:

-no breakouts
-good matching
-non cakey/chalkey (if the right amount is applied)
-sheer coverage

i use this over my tinted moisturizer on a daily basis and it looks great! just the right coverage i need. this does say "pure FINISH" which means it shall set your foundation. so don't expect a full coverage by itself because it won't do the job.

on 12/29/2011 3:37:00 AM

Finally, a product that actually does what it says it will! This is absolutely my HG of mineral powders. I'm absolutely thrilled with this product. It's luminous, doesn't set into lines, isn't cakey or chalky, evens out skin tone and is so long-lasting. I've become accustomed to doing my make up before work and looking in the mirror at lunch to find myself looking orange, oily, patchy or a combination of all three. The first day I wore this I was so happy to see that my make-up looked perfect at 12.30pm. I have medium oily skin and by 5pm, there is a very very slight oil breakthrough, so if you're very oily you might need to do a quick touch up on the t-zone at lunch, but apart from that it lasts incredibly well. It's matte, but at the same time it's luminous without making you look shiny or oily. My skin looks so even and clear, it's amazing.

I bought Pure Finish 02, which has no pink undertones. Finally, a product or light-skinned people that actually has some yellow undertones! Every other mineral powder I've used has made me look so pink. Unfortunately, if you're much lighter than an NC15, then this product will probably be too dark for you, because the lighter shade (01) has pink undertones. This product is expensive, but so worth it when you consider the amount of awful foundations I've been through in my time.

I use this product over top of Revlon's Colorstay and it offers very full coverage this way. The product on its own is buildable and is very pigmented so I'd say that it could be full coverage all on its own. The packaging is ingenious - it's really hygienic, sleek-looking and the shaver ensures that it's not wasteful. The powder puff it comes with is fairly useless, I just threw it away. But applied with a kabuki brush it gives an airbrushed look.

Overall, I LOVE this product. Can't recommend it enough.