April 16, 2014 | 1455 users online

Powder - Elizabeth Arden - Pure Finish Mineral Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by modelsoup202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

First of all, I would like to say this product has BEAUTIFUL packaging. It is no longer the black container, but a beautiful gold and silver container. Although the packaging feels a little cheap, it looks really luxe. I would say the finish of this powder is between the bare escentuals original and matte version. It controls oil ok, but I noticed I have to blot once or twice a day. However, this is really expensive. The EA mineral foundation is $39.50/.29oz while the BE one is $27/.28oz and the clinique one is $34.50/.63oz. The Clinique and EA have a similar shifter, so I might try the Clinique one next time because it has double the product but is cheaper. All in all this is one of the best mineral foundations I have used, but I do not know if I can justify paying so much for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by stardoc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the packaging, but as with a lot of products get a real brush to apply this & don't bother with the puff it comes with. The price, not that bad for a high end brand. Would I buy it again, absolutely. I live in Calgary Alberta (dry winters) I have fairly dry skin in the winter especially. I had a great SA apply the 02 shade to 1/2 my face & 02 Smashbox Halo to the other half. I went for coffee with a friend & checked how my face looked a few hours later. The Halo looked a little 'cakey' & had creased into my smile line & was flakey around my nose. Halo was also quite pale looking compared to the Pure Finish side, which still looked like I had flawless makeup on! I was very surprised, I thought they'd be the same. It's more then $30 less then Halo which is also great. So happy to have found this product! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by emmgill

This product is really lovely. I love the case it comes in, when you turn the top it finely takes off the top of a hidden block of mineral makeup who h isn't exposed to the elements like a lot of other packaging. This makes you look 'sun kissed' and healthy. I used color number 4. The only bad thing about this is that it is very light coverage. So it is only useful for ppl with no blemishes and nothing to cover. I do have good skin, by very now and again I will breakout so then I couldn't use this. This also doubles as a nice powder to put over the top of liquid foundation too. I preferred the Laura mercier mineral powder as you can put it on very lightly, but when you need more coverage it allows you to build it up as well. Probably won't be buying this again. I will be trying the mineral bronzing powder they have come out with.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by XpugsX

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had tried every mineral powder foundation on the market and thought they were an expensive waste of money until I came across this little gem. The packaging is genius - you shave off as much as you need by turning the dial, so there is no wastage or mess. The powder puff that comes with it is absolutely useless, but I can forgive them for that because the foundation itself is just so gorgeous!!!! I had to purchase 01 Porcelain online because you cannot buy it in Australia. We only go down to 02. The colour is luminous and is medium to full coverage without making you look as though you are wearing a mask. It looks natural and feels so comfortable on your skin. I apply it over LaRoche Posay Anthelios 60+ Sunscreen and I am good to go. I even use it around the eye area as concealer and it is amazing! I apply it with a kabuki brush by VaniT and even the smallest amount makest the biggest difference. Amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by libbier

I would buy this product again. Because:

-no breakouts
-good matching
-non cakey/chalkey (if the right amount is applied)
-sheer coverage

i use this over my tinted moisturizer on a daily basis and it looks great! just the right coverage i need. this does say "pure FINISH" which means it shall set your foundation. so don't expect a full coverage by itself because it won't do the job.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 3:37:00 AM More reviews by rosealexandra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Finally, a product that actually does what it says it will! This is absolutely my HG of mineral powders. I'm absolutely thrilled with this product. It's luminous, doesn't set into lines, isn't cakey or chalky, evens out skin tone and is so long-lasting. I've become accustomed to doing my make up before work and looking in the mirror at lunch to find myself looking orange, oily, patchy or a combination of all three. The first day I wore this I was so happy to see that my make-up looked perfect at 12.30pm. I have medium oily skin and by 5pm, there is a very very slight oil breakthrough, so if you're very oily you might need to do a quick touch up on the t-zone at lunch, but apart from that it lasts incredibly well. It's matte, but at the same time it's luminous without making you look shiny or oily. My skin looks so even and clear, it's amazing.

I bought Pure Finish 02, which has no pink undertones. Finally, a product or light-skinned people that actually has some yellow undertones! Every other mineral powder I've used has made me look so pink. Unfortunately, if you're much lighter than an NC15, then this product will probably be too dark for you, because the lighter shade (01) has pink undertones. This product is expensive, but so worth it when you consider the amount of awful foundations I've been through in my time.

I use this product over top of Revlon's Colorstay and it offers very full coverage this way. The product on its own is buildable and is very pigmented so I'd say that it could be full coverage all on its own. The packaging is ingenious - it's really hygienic, sleek-looking and the shaver ensures that it's not wasteful. The powder puff it comes with is fairly useless, I just threw it away. But applied with a kabuki brush it gives an airbrushed look.

Overall, I LOVE this product. Can't recommend it enough.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2011 5:45:00 AM More reviews by Nashie84

Ive been using this product for about 1 year. I would say that I loved this product until a few months ago when i start to notice that my skin actually looked better WITHOUT the foundation on !

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by yajuwen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Generally I love this product. I got #1 which has nice color, probably the best match I've ever have. The color change a little during the first hour but I'm fine with that. I love the creamy, buttery texture and the soft, semi-mate look. I feel it's really a light weight foundation and provides great overage at the same time. It isn't drying at all but isn't able to give oil/shine control during the hot summer. This doesn't really bother me while the foundation stays in place and looks fine after 8 hrs, which is really good enough. One thing I really don't like is the packaging. Personally, I hate the shredding packaging though the manufactures are always saying this gives fresh powders, better hygiene, which are both true. However, I found it's hard to get just right amount of powder. The puff comes with this does a good job but makes the container more messy. Yes, it's for better hygiene but it's not ergonomic. For this reason, I drop one overall point and not buy this again. For the powder itself, it's definitely a worth buy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The first time I used Pure Finish Mineral Makeup, I felt like bursting into song; in a good way. This is a statement that reflects not only the fact that I might be losing my mind; it also reflects the frustrating problems I've had over the last couple of years, trying to find a dependable foundation. Like probably 85% of makeup wearers, I was a mineral foundation user, continually, for years. No moisturizer, no sunscreen...none of that smart stuff. I just slapped on Minerals and thought all was good. Then I had my third baby, and my skin turned into a mixture of adolescence and menopause, and I'm relatively far from either (I hope). Three and a half years later, my skin still ain't what it used to be, and I guess I have only aging to blame. And the fact that for the majority of my life it was generally understood that sunscreen was for people who got sun-burned, not sun- tanned. (Anyone else remember having dark tanning "contests" with friends where you slathered yourself in baby oil and cooked yourself like a McDonald's French Fry? I used to win those contests...easily.) Even though I still have good skin, I feel like I have to be extra diligent with protection, because one of these days, my past self-BBQs are going to pay me back for damages.

The BE minerals I'd used for years and years suddenly seemed to magnify every pore on my face, and they refused to cover melasma and other sun damage. Plus, they seemed so SHINY. I tried "matte" BE, which was better on my pores and oils, but I couldn't find a good foundation color match, and it caused...ahem...lines around my eyes to show. After BE, I tried Youngblood, Jane Iredale, beingTrue, Aromaleigh, Colorescience Pro, etc. I had problems with all of these: shimmer, shine, unable to color-match, cakiness, etc. I started using Laura Geller's Baked Balance & Brighten Foundation - and it's absolutely fantastic - except it doesn't have sunscreen. My face HATES liquid sunscreen. Sunscreen beneath makeup always ruins my makeup.

I've been trying "long-wear" liquid foundations, but the best ones don't have proper sunscreen protection, so I thought maybe I could find minerals with spf to work as a "finishing" powder. Elizabeth Arden's Pure Finish claims to be lighter, etc. than other minerals, and it's less costly (quite a bit in come cases) than many other brands, so I figured I'd give it a try. I'm in the general range of NC35, and I use Shade #4.

The mirrored "jar" compact for this makeup feels SO elegant, and it comes with a pretty, fluffy little puff that actually works quite well. (I usually use a kabuki for application, though). I don't even put the jar in my makeup bag, because I don't want it all scratched up. It feels "fancy", the way my Mom's makeup felt to me as a kid. The "grinder" in the compact is pure genius - there is absolutely no mess with these minerals. Grinding them before application makes them seem completely fresh, and pure. They feel light as air, and they are so fine you can't see them on skin! They're SPF 20 PA++, and they have NO glitter or shine! Plus - they don't fall into lines. They make my skin look even and smooth and they control oil beautifully. If I want really "full" coverage, I use them as setting powder rather than a stand-alone foundation, and they're beautiful either way. Also, there's no "itch" at all, like I get with many other mineral foundations; especially "matte" formulas. Pure Finish's formulation is extremely gentle, and I like that it has added antioxidants.

EDIT: I've removed a lippie because I used this up faster than any other mineral or loose powder I've ever used. I will likely repurchase, because this is great stuff, but I'm disappointed that it's been used up already. And when it's gone, it's gone. There's nothing left to scrape, and no leftover dust. Maybe I haven't mastered the shaving technique.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Puddingbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

Got this along with the tinted moisturiser and used together and it gave me such a glowing complexion.

Used it to death and have run out, waiting for my mum to get me more for my birthday!

I used the palest one and it gave me an excellent glow and the brush is fab. I don't think it's strong enough to cover major imperfections, but it toned down my freckles and red patches so I still looked human and not a tangerine.