July 22, 2014 | 1357 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by beetee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't understand the low rating for this pen. I bought one last May when I was in the US on holiday and it's still going strong. For me it's a piece of cake to use and stays on all day. I like the look of it and the fact that I can draw such a thin precise line so easily. I have the brown one which is perfect for a natural look. I've bought liner pens that cost twice as much (and more!) that lasted about a month and didn't work very well at all, so this one came as a pleasant surprise. For me it was better than both the Lancome and the MAC. If it ever runs out I'll definatey buy it again!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by kerensalee

I absolutely loved this eyeliner for the 2 weeks it lasted me. It managed to cease existing after 2 weeks. It was either completely out or dried up super fast. I liked the felt tip because it made it easy for a winged line eye look. I refused to repurchase based on the fact that it dried up so unbelievably fast.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by vanillablue

I bought this at CVS because a) I had a coupon and b) they were out of stock of my usual liner. I am on a never-ending quest for the best drugstore liquid liner and unfortunately, this is one that does not foot the bill. The felt tip is really stiff and does not carry a lot of product. I stored it horizontally as the package states and that did not help. After reading reviews on here I started storing it upside down but that didn't make much of a difference. If you have oily eyelids or do not use a primer, then this will smudge pretty quickly. It's hard to get a precise line and it takes me several passes to get an opaque line. I will not repurchase. If you want an okay felt-tip liquid liner you are better off buying e.l.f.'s for a few bucks.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Sutherlande

I ended up buying one of these on a whim. I was initially quite happy with it - colour pay off is good, very opaque. Packaging is conveniently sized and shaped for use. It is super easy to apply this - as I said, the colour pay off is great and opaque, I find I only need to line the same area twice when I need to perfect or define a line. Downside is that this isn't a long lasting liner. Revlon calls it 'smudge proof up to 16 hours.' Mmm, definitely not. This is definitely a liner that requires multiple checks in a mirror throughout the day. It transfers at the slightest provocation, and if I'm not careful, I end up with raccoon eyes by the end of a work day. I don't have time for fussy make-up. This make up does not stand up to working out, working, or drinking. If you want to look okay, and not like a drunk mess by the end of the day, don't bother with this stuff. Sorry Revlon!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by sophiedecay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I always had trouble finding liquid eye pen that dries out easily. This doesnt and does last long. I like the felt tip. Does leave a glossy finish and colour pay off is good!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by kcheverie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

When I first took this out of the package I was very disappointed.. it barely made a grey line. I read a few comments about it online that mentioned storing it tip-down for a few days, so that's what I did. It makes a HUGE difference. Now it's very easy to do a cat eye, it goes on nice and black (maybe not "BLACKEST black" like the name says, but black enough), and when I use it along with Revlone Photoready eye primer, it doesn't migrate up to my browbone when I blink with my hooded eyes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by kirito

I really wanted to try a liquid liner in a pen form, so this was the one I first purchased, since I heard about some of my favorite YouTubers talk about it. The pen tip isn't very precise, but that wasn't a problem for me since I like thick eyeliner.

My main problems with this product was the fact that the liner was not opaque at all (it honestly looked like a felt tip marker that drew on my eyeliner), and the lasting power is terrible. I would have to go over the line so many times in order to make it somewhat opaque. I tend to get watery eyes often, and when that would happen, the liner came right off. I don't know if this was meant to be a waterproof formula or not, but I just hated this eyeliner. I would not recommend this to anyone.

If you're looking for a super opaque, long-lasting, and precise liquid eyeliner in a pen form, go for the Dolly Wink one. It's expensive, but nothing can compare to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by MassacrPrincess

I have bought this multiple times now! It is the product I swear on, liquid eyeliner wise. I bought a few eyeliners from Lise Watier for $25 each and I have to admit I love the revlon one ALOT better, especially for $10 it is Overall a great product, I got the black and it is absolutely great, use it for months until I feel I need it replaced. Lasts long if used over eye shadow if not, to add an extra 4 hours wear a concealer on the eye lid.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by darknights

Seriously so many people have told me that a felt tip pen is easier to use then gel or pencil eyeliner but if you don't have the most steady hand in the world you will no doubt get your eye poked. The tip is way to tough and doesn't glide resulting in tugging or placing your hand in awkward positions to get a wing. I don't have mono-lids but my lids are very close hence resulting in smearing from the formula, but only when I don't let it dry all the way. Idk these sorta smell like sharpie.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by keribieds

I bought this product after reading several wonderful reviews on it, and it is a nice eyeliner pen MAYBE for beginners, but I wasn't completely pleased with it. First of all, the pigment. I tried a little bit of my hand first to see what the color looked like and it looked like a very light black (and when I say light black, I mean it looked almost like a transparent black? If that makes any sense.) I was hoping the pigment of the black would be a lot darker, but I find that if you go over it once or twice with the eyeliner pen, it adds definition to the color. I'm a cat-eye girl and I'm not ashamed to admit it, and I found that the actual applicator on the pen is very steady which helped me in the winging process, which is the only good thing I've found about this product so far. And I've had this eyeliner for a while now, and it still hasn't gotten dry or flaky, and it does stay on quite nicely. All in all, I've used better eyeliners, but I wouldn't throw this one out because it is still somewhat useful.