November 26, 2014 | 1873 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by mikki5320

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I usually use Maybelline Masterprecise liner which I love but the store didn't happen to have that so I decided to try Revlon. I haven't even gotten the chane to wear it out yet and I probably won't ever. The line hardly shows up and I have to go over a view times. The tip is very uncomfortable on the eyelid and it seems that it's already drying though I've only used it two or three times. I won't be buying this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Truong

With the first hour or so from application, it looks fine. Over the course of the day, I find it trailing to my under eyes, or building up in the corner of my eyes. I love the Revlon colorstay line, but I was pretty disappointed with this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by sushi288

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just like the ColorStay Liquid liner, this product is HORRIBLE for watery eyes or those with oily lids. I happen to have both. Once drop of water near this and your whole liner will be smudged and you get raccoon eyes. The only great thing about this is the fact that it's easy to apply...and that's it.

If you have drier lids and your eyes don't tend to water, I'm sure this will work well for you, but everyone else should stay clear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by beetee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't understand the low rating for this pen. I bought one last May when I was in the US on holiday and it's still going strong. For me it's a piece of cake to use and stays on all day. I like the look of it and the fact that I can draw such a thin precise line so easily. I have the brown one which is perfect for a natural look. I've bought liner pens that cost twice as much (and more!) that lasted about a month and didn't work very well at all, so this one came as a pleasant surprise. For me it was better than both the Lancome and the MAC. If it ever runs out I'll definatey buy it again!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by kerensalee

I absolutely loved this eyeliner for the 2 weeks it lasted me. It managed to cease existing after 2 weeks. It was either completely out or dried up super fast. I liked the felt tip because it made it easy for a winged line eye look. I refused to repurchase based on the fact that it dried up so unbelievably fast.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by vanillablue

I bought this at CVS because a) I had a coupon and b) they were out of stock of my usual liner. I am on a never-ending quest for the best drugstore liquid liner and unfortunately, this is one that does not foot the bill. The felt tip is really stiff and does not carry a lot of product. I stored it horizontally as the package states and that did not help. After reading reviews on here I started storing it upside down but that didn't make much of a difference. If you have oily eyelids or do not use a primer, then this will smudge pretty quickly. It's hard to get a precise line and it takes me several passes to get an opaque line. I will not repurchase. If you want an okay felt-tip liquid liner you are better off buying e.l.f.'s for a few bucks.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Sutherlande

I ended up buying one of these on a whim. I was initially quite happy with it - colour pay off is good, very opaque. Packaging is conveniently sized and shaped for use. It is super easy to apply this - as I said, the colour pay off is great and opaque, I find I only need to line the same area twice when I need to perfect or define a line. Downside is that this isn't a long lasting liner. Revlon calls it 'smudge proof up to 16 hours.' Mmm, definitely not. This is definitely a liner that requires multiple checks in a mirror throughout the day. It transfers at the slightest provocation, and if I'm not careful, I end up with raccoon eyes by the end of a work day. I don't have time for fussy make-up. This make up does not stand up to working out, working, or drinking. If you want to look okay, and not like a drunk mess by the end of the day, don't bother with this stuff. Sorry Revlon!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by sophiedecay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I always had trouble finding liquid eye pen that dries out easily. This doesnt and does last long. I like the felt tip. Does leave a glossy finish and colour pay off is good!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by kcheverie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

When I first took this out of the package I was very disappointed.. it barely made a grey line. I read a few comments about it online that mentioned storing it tip-down for a few days, so that's what I did. It makes a HUGE difference. Now it's very easy to do a cat eye, it goes on nice and black (maybe not "BLACKEST black" like the name says, but black enough), and when I use it along with Revlone Photoready eye primer, it doesn't migrate up to my browbone when I blink with my hooded eyes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by kirito

I really wanted to try a liquid liner in a pen form, so this was the one I first purchased, since I heard about some of my favorite YouTubers talk about it. The pen tip isn't very precise, but that wasn't a problem for me since I like thick eyeliner.

My main problems with this product was the fact that the liner was not opaque at all (it honestly looked like a felt tip marker that drew on my eyeliner), and the lasting power is terrible. I would have to go over the line so many times in order to make it somewhat opaque. I tend to get watery eyes often, and when that would happen, the liner came right off. I don't know if this was meant to be a waterproof formula or not, but I just hated this eyeliner. I would not recommend this to anyone.

If you're looking for a super opaque, long-lasting, and precise liquid eyeliner in a pen form, go for the Dolly Wink one. It's expensive, but nothing can compare to it.