December 20, 2014 | 1612 users online

Treatments (Face) - Neutrogena - Ageless Intensives Tone Correcting Concentrated Serum, Night

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by nikkohli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have been using this for almost 2 months every other night. It is slightly drying but I feel like it soaks into my skin quickly and doesn't leave a residue. No new breakouts either.
My husband claims he noticed a little bit of fading with some red post-acne scars but I can't tell a difference. I will finish up this tube but look for something stronger.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by machochick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product disappointed me. I only used it for 3 days and returned it.
Aside from the weird smell...I feel like it only sits on top of your skin and doesn't really "sink" in.
It tends to "ball" up on my face upon application. I also use the Tone Correcting Lotion with SPF 30 and both of them flakes on my skin. Sometimes, I feel like I dust off too many times that the serum rubs off my face, leaving me with no product on my face at all.
I would not recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by SeeTea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a month now and I think I see some results. I usually have redness around my upper cheeks near my nose and some dark spots/freckles around my eyes from sun exposure and all of these have somewhat diminished. It's not incredibly noticeable but enough so that I notice a difference :) I also use this with the daytime tone correcting lotion so maybe it is the combination of the two that makes it work? So far so good, I'll see how it is when I've used up the tube.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 8:04:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this product and I do feel that it does what it claims.

I am always wary of age defying products or wrinkle treatements because they tend to be very emollient. Oily skin still needs moisturizer of course, but I need something light that absorbs quickly and completely. This was absolutely perfect for me in that respect. It absorbed very quickly and left absolutely no oily residue on my skin. It was almost as if I hadn't applied anything at all.

Though I do not have age spots (I'm 41, but I have never been a sun bather and I quit smoking in my twenties), I do have post acne hyperpigmentation, which is, unfortunately, just something that people with pale skin have to deal with. I have found that this really does a great job of lightening those marks and a few have even disappeared completely. The tone of my skin is definitely more even and I find I am using less foundation and concealer.

The directions warn that some dryness and flaking may result, but I have had neither of those problems, though I have had some very mild stinging on occasion. I will say that my skin is pretty hardy and I don't often have problems with product, so if you have sensitive or dry skin, you might want to do a patch test before slathering this all over your face.

I can't say I see a marked difference in the appearnce of my wrinkles, but I don't have a great many, and frankly, I don't really expect miracles from topical products. I really had no expectations in that regard, so I'm not at all disappointed.

Overall, I think this is a great product for a very reasonable price, and I will definitely repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by inapathy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I dont really notice any improvements in my skin with this product. But I will use it up anyway.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by newman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

meh... I have been using this nightly for the last 3 months and have not seen any of the results this product promises. It did not fade freckles (aka age spots) at all nor did it even out my skin. This is a thick serum that requires at least a dime size to spread over your face and neck. It reminds me of the 'Visibly Even' cream that I tried years ago, also with no results. I am glad I finished the tube as my face feels a bit itchy now after using this for so long. I give it 1 lippie for the packaging and 1 lippie because even though the tube is small, it does last 3 months. I would not recommend this product at all, it's a waste of money! I have now bought DermaMed Baby Healing Cream to get rid of the itchiness.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by genahy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

UPDATE: I am sort of liking this again. It really has helped to fade one stubborn acne mark the more I think about it. I think it works on newer acne marks but for darker pigmentation or melasma, it's simply not strong enough. It's not a bad retinol product overall if you need to fade acne marks, but you will need to be patient.

I liked this in the beginning, but then it stopped working so well, and I also think it might have aggrevated my rosacea. I got the most improvement on a red acne mark and I will continue to use there until I run out. But this is not worth $20. Other than the Visibly Even line, I hate almost all Neutrogena products. They are just made very cheaply and leave skin in bad condition from the orange labeled Acne bar soap to the "extra gentle" cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by shelbylynnjones

I bought this because some dark spots were starting to appear. I thought that it would be better to try the night treatment as some products cause irritation to my skin (very sensitive and can easily breakout) and couldn't find a lot of products that had great reviews. I loved the results of this product and just like others have said, you get a ton of results just in the first day or week. I would recommend this to anyone! Try it, it isn't expensive like so many other products out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2010 12:44:00 PM More reviews by CameronBell

I have never been a fan of Neutrogena products - they always seemed very harsh to me. I wanted to give this a try in order to see a more even skin tone - I have years of sunburn as a child and am almost 40 and am beginning to see some of that damage come out - not so much wrinkles, but brown spots and general discoloration and crepey texture. I noticed a difference the first morning after using it. It's not like every little thing is gone, but the tone of my skin seems more even and brighter and my makeup goes on nice and smooth.

I was using Olay Regenerist - a whole bottle's worth - day and night and did not see what I am seeing now, after only about two weeks of use of this at night only. I will keep up with it. I am not having any side effects thus far, but will update if anything major happens.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Ohcookie

I have been using this product for about two months. It really worked for me the first night I used it. I would put it on every night but it is very drying so I started using it every other to two days. I don't use it all over my face anymore just on indiviual spots. I would buy this product again.