Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power - Cream Wash

3.3

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Panthenol, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5, Green 5, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Fragrance

on 7/29/2014 1:03:00 AM

Use this every day! Its not very effective if you're looking for a deep cleanser but I pair this with the acne stress power scrub and it works amazingly! I love gentle using scrubs daily but it can leave my skin a bit dry so I wash with this straight after and it hydrates and softens my skin beautifully:)

on 6/29/2014 3:52:00 AM

Tried to like this, but I really can't.

This does not wash off my makeup whatsoever and leaves me feeling greasy. It feels more like a tingly lotion with beads than a face wash.

I do not see any difference with my acne when I use this product. I don't even feel like my skin is clean after a wash. Right now, I'm just trying to use it all instead of throwing it out.

on 6/16/2014 3:22:00 PM

overall good cleanser. I used to get only occasional 1 or 2 breakouts. Until recently, my forehead had a huge breakout and it had a lot of pimples coming out. I tried applying treatments, but nothing seemed to work. Then I tried my roommate's neutrogena cleanser, and after a few days, all the large pimples went away. I also stopped having new pimples coming out after using this. Now, I still have some scars and small pimples left, but this cleanser really did the trick in terms of stopping my pimples from growing and reducing them. will rebuy

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for at least four of five years. It doesn't dry out my skin and is the only acne cleanser I have used in recent years that I really like. I still battle from the occasional beak out but it is nowhere near as bad as it used to be (this may be because my skin is getting better with age also.) I can not see myself ever NOT using this face wash. I use it every time I cleanse my skin and use it with my Clarisonic Mia 2. I get it from Walmart and it is fairly cheap in price and lasts me awhile. It is usually just under $7 but I can sometimes get it for under $6 when it goes on Roll Back, or whatever it is that Walmart does. Awesome product!

on 3/1/2014 11:49:00 PM

I thought i would love this product. It had everything i wanted, salicylic acid, redness reduction, treating my acne before it even happened, etc.
I HATE this product. Its horrible. It causes me to break out with the most terrible cystic acne ever, and thats after two washes with this stuff!! I have never had cystic acne naturally.
Dont buy this, its just not worth the risk.

on 1/28/2014 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've used this product for about 5 years now, and it's the best acne cleanser I've come across so far. I still get breakouts, but less severely and more infrequently than before I used this product. I also have incredibly oily and acne-prone skin, so I can't be too harsh about an over-the-counter face wash not clearing my skin completely.

The tingly cool is refreshing, but if you have sensitive skin, it might be more of an unpleasant burning sensation. If my face is exposed to harsh elements like bitter winter gusts during the day, washing my face with this will burn at night. It can also be a little drying, so be sure to use a moisturizer afterward. But apart from that, the product is great for making me feel as if I've gotten all the oil off of the surface of my skin. Not a deep pore-clean, but then again it's not a facial scrub.

on 12/29/2013 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

My HG face wash! I have oily skin with some minor pimples here and there. I have tried almost everything for my skin and didn't find anything that actually worked well enough for my taste until I came upon this! This is seriously great. Although it doesn't prevent acne altogether, it does reduce the size of the pimple. I also have less and less pimples each time I use it. It feels great, although the smell isn't very pleasant... Overall, this is amazing and I looooooove it! I just dislike the packaging... But for the price, who cares!

on 12/24/2013 2:27:00 AM

This is the only face wash that I regularly purchase. I am a product junkie and have struggled with mild acne for years. I have tried everything from high end products: chanel, clinique, origins to proactive to basic drugstore regimens. I keep purchasing this cleanser because I find that it is really great for treating acne without stripping my skin. I have combination skin, but my T Zone is an oil slick. This cleanser helps to control the oil on my face without drying out other areas of my face. My only recommendation is that you use a separate cleanser or method to remove makeup. This cleanser tends to leave makeup residue behind.

on 11/18/2013 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS:
Really helped clear up acne
Didn't dry out my skin (i always moisturize after using it, though)
Gentle, didn't irritate my skin
Noticeably reduced the stubborn blackheads on my nose
My skin feels soft after use

CONS:
None specifically that i can think of, although for me personally i haven't noticed that it has reduced the redness in my skin to any great degree.

on 9/28/2013 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This stuff is very creamy, but kinda waxy. Plus, it's ineffective and drying anyway. I see no purpose in it being green and it smells strong. Meh. There are much better acne face washes out there.