July 24, 2014 | 1361 users online

Sunscreen - Cetaphil - UVA/UVB Defense Facial Moisturizer SPF 50

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by MommyWong

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Could not blend in at all. Had a huge whitecast that excentuated every dry spot on my face (funny....this is a moisturizer that doesn't moisturize!). Back to the drawing board. .....My Neutrogena Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion spf 45 was discontinued this year after using it for 17 years. I wrote to the company, with some of my friends, and we just get the usual run-around (talk to our reps -> reps say try another product -> we tell them all their other products are terrible -> they send us a coupon booklet for their useless, we're never going to buy them products).
If anyone has suggestions, please tell me what works for you (Oil of Olay, Cetaphil, Natural Products, CeraVe, Clinique, etc., just don't work for me! :-(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by jvioafuioed

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is for drier skin types...no doubt about it. If you have oily or combo skin, this probably isn't for you. However, I can never get enough moisture in my skin and it's really hard to find a dual sunblock/moisturizer that moisturizes enough and has a high enough SPF for fair skin.
Also, it has both a physical and chemical SPF, which is great. The physical block makes it work right away, unlike chemical SPF's which need 20-30 min. to sink in before they are effective. A purely physical block, however, does not always look good under make-up, but this works for me. I wear a BB cream over this product sometimes and it looks good.
Some people said that this stings their eyes. Well, it has chemical sunscreen ingredients, so it should not be put near your eyes at all. Use a physical block around your eyes (zinc oxide or titanium dioxide).
The bottom line: A highly effect moisturizer for dry skin, with a high UVA/UVB SPF. No anti-aging benefits in it, but it can be layered over any serum. I use a home-made vitamin C serum...definitely read the reviews for this idea.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by ladynove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I wear this every day. I no longer wear make up as this moisturizer (teamed with their gentle cleanser and clairsonic) delivers no irritation whatsoever. Clear, moisturized, and more importantly PROTECTED skin in Australian weather. Love! Will never stop wearing!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by SOlivia

I will not be buying this product again. It leaves an off white cast (ghost face) on my face. Also, it makes my face extremely greasy. My husband always asks me if I'm hot, due to the oily finish. Packaging was nice, product moisturized but too many cons that outweighed the benefits.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by jessitanner

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was looking for a moisturizer that would work well for my sensitive, acne-prone skin. This was NOT it. It felt really sticky and took a while to sink into my skin. I think it also broke me out.

If you have sensitive, acne-prone skin like me, I recently found my HG sunscreen that I would recommend you try: Skinceuticals Physical Sunscreen spf 50.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by littletato68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is awful. It claims to leave a matte finish. I don't know who they tested it on, but it looks like you can skate on my face. And it's sticky. Even putting powder over it couldn't get rid of the shine completely.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2012 2:54:00 AM More reviews by MissBronx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This cream is thick and hard to rub in, and yes, it may make your face seem shiny and oily. I have to work really hard to apply my mineral powder, feel like painting on my face.
I bought this product because it says non comedogenic and recommended by cancer council but I am bit disappointed with the product. I donít think I will repurchase this product anymore.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 5:31:00 AM More reviews by thebobcat64

I tried a sample of this and it left my face really greasy. It was good sun protection, but I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Jellyblob

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was greasy on my face. It left a slight whitish cast and smelled very chemical. I could have still lived with all that if it provided adequate sun protection for my face. However, the ultimate dealbreaker was that it BURNED my eyes if it accidentally got in either by wiping or being carried through sweat/water into them!!!! Unbelievable stinging that made me want to scratch my eyes out! I checked and found out that Cetaphil tests on animals. I feel really sorry for the bunnies that had this product rubbed onto their eyes if they conducted the Draize test. Sheer torture.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Barbie298231

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I sadly never reach for this product but this moisturizer is basically all sunscreen. Its SPF 50 so as any sunscreen would do, its going to make you look a bit greasy on your face. Its fine after it dries out on your face tho. My complaint is the very strong sunscreen scent and the fact that it practically IS a sunscreen. I heard stuff over SPF 30 is bad for you, so I really wouldn't recommend this because of its oxy- ingredients. I personally don't think this moisturized well at all and I only use it when I go to perhaps a water/amusement park. Everyday use of this can be really bad for you since the skin absorbs these chemicals, and this doesn't moisturize as well as I want it too.