November 24, 2014 | 1949 users online

Palettes - Coastal Scents - 26 Shadow Blush Combo Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Jessiekitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I absolutely love this palette!
It surpassed all my expectations. The shadows and blushes are all highly pigmented and beautifully smooth. The range of colours is fantastic with pinks, golds, corals, purples, taupes and browns.
I'd definitely recommend purchasing this palette if you're looking to get a bunch of eyeshadows and blushes all at once. You can't go wrong for the price!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2010 11:28:00 AM More reviews by pixietrixie

I purchased this palette because so many m/u junkies (like me :P) rave about how wonderful it is. Maybe I expected too much from CS, but I'm really disappointed. The "neutrals" are pretty much all brown, and the colors don't blend very well imo. The quality left much to be desired as well, but at least it's fun to try and use some of the different colors together.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by lovely520

This is a fairly nice combination blush and eyeshadow palette from Coastal Scents. It's more of a neutral, warm palette featuring shades of brown, gold, peach, plum, and taupe. Each eyeshadow is about the size of a quarter and the blushes are considerably larger. I think it is worth the money if you want to try out different neutral, warm shades but the shadows are a bit chalky, in my opinion, and not the easiest to blend. I do like the range of colors and must say the shadows are very pigmented. Some of the pink and peach eyeshadows can also double as a blush. All in all, beautiful eyeshadow colors at a relatively inexpensive price.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by sh0rtastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

highly pigmented shadows comparable to MAC 1/2 the cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by drunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i got this palette along with 28 and 42 double stacks on other websites. the palette itself costs me about 6dollors and shipping was about 2 dollors but they were all mass manufactured in china so i am pretty sure the quality is the same. i am pleasantly surprised by the quality of these eyeshadows although i have to admit that 26 is way better than the 28 for several reasons.first, the 28 eyeshadows are chalky while the eyeshadows in the 26 palette are so much smoother.second, while you dont get good fresh tone or highlighter in the 26, you get various kinds of beautiful purples, corals, and golds which show up a lot lot better than those in 28. the third, half of the shades in the 28 are light which are designed to be highlighter or fresh-tones but they show up extremely similar, those looked so gorgeous in the pan dont appear the same on the eyes.while they still easy to use and nice, i am quite disappointed the vabriant identity does not show up. i am still happy with the 28, but i just love the 26 a lot lot more.
you actually get more use of the 26 palettes although it obviously contain less eyshadows. but as i mentioned, the shades are all very similar in the 28. however, i am not entirely sure about the blush. they have exceeded the pigmentation of a blush should have. in my opinion, the "blushes" you get in the palettes arent really meant to be blushes at all. they are the exact eyeshadows but bigger sizes. check the plum "blush" on the right and the plum purple eyeshadow above it, they are exactly the same, same pigmentaion, equally smooth and having the same shade. check out the coral "blush" right next to the plum on the right and the coral orange eyeshadow above it.again they are identical,except the amount of product you get.
i found them more suitable to be used as eyeshadow because they are honestly, insanely pigmented and if you use a blush brush to put that on, it will stay where your blush hits, say, usually the apple of your cheek and wont blend away or blend out. they are eyeshadow quality more than blush quality really, as mush as i believe that there is no rules in makeup and you can use everything in different ways, but tht is what i found.it is more suitable for detailed application such as being used on the eyelid and blended out with an eyeshadow blending blush.
just some additional info, i really like the blushes come with the 42 double stacks which brings you 32 eyeshadows and 10 blushes. the eyeshadows are smoother but they have the same finish which can be good for some people and bad for the others. the blushes there are really nice. they are indeed blushes.love it!
it i have to rate them, i say, i love the 42 the most(as it gives me more shades, better quality AND the amount of products too so it is the most cost-efficeint) then the second would be the 26(i love it i use it daily) then it will comes to 28 finally(i am still very thirlled about it, but i use it in conjunction with the 26)
packaging is beyond my expectation. they actually feels heavy on my hand and it feels nothing like the old88 palettes which just looks so cheap(they indeed are cheap...)the 88 were shinny and clumsy and tacky. i dont have them but my friends do so i have tried them in person, that is why i didnt purchase them!then i recieved the palettles, i could feel the weight and the quality.
hope it helps, happy shopping

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by ohsolovely24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's not a bad palette but I hardly reach for it. I find that it's very sturdy and the eyeshadows aren't easy to crumble. I took it with me while I was traveling, no shattering or anything even though I'm very clumsy sometimes. I love the fact that it has beautiful purples and golds, but the other colors (like the browns) look really flat on me and hard to blend. I also wish it had a matte black and a nude/champange color for highlight, then it would be more complete. The blushes are chalky (esp. the lighter ones) so I rarely use them either.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by hollykins91

overall, this palette has very very pretty colors and is great for fall when people are looking for warmer colors. while i do love many many of the colors, there are still some things that i'm not crazy about.

PROS:
-the colors in the palette are so pretty! anything from golds, peaches, purples, and browns
-almost all the colors go with each other. you can make so many different looks with this one palette.
-the colors are wearable!! i love super crazy colors but it's hard to find a time and a place to wear them. you don't have to worry about that with this palette.
-there are shimmery colors as well as matte colors!

CONS:
-NO HIGHLIGHT COLORS!! it's so frustrating when i get to use all the pretty colors in this palette to create a look but then have to dig around for a highlight color! depending on your skin tone you could use the lighest blush color as a highlight but for me it's too peachy pink for my skin and i have no options in this palette for a highlight color.

-no black/dark grey colors! there is a greyish color that's super shimmery but it's not all that dark and it would be nice if there was a matte black or super dark grey matte color to use for the crease. i'm just knit-picking though

- the "neutral" colors which are pretty much only brown, while they are very very very pretty! they are still all pretty dark for me to use as a lid color.

- one last knit pick! pretty much none of the blushes are good for my skintone but i like using them as eyshadows!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by triplec

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this palette at a discounted price because it lacked the CS logo. I am so glad I did! I love almost every shadow in this palette, especially the browns and purple/red shades. However, I pretty much never use the blushes - the colors just don't suit my NC15 skin. Back to the eyeshadows - there is a nice balance between shimmer and matte shades, and the majority of the colors apply & blend well with a primer (there are a few duds, such as the light pink). Whenever I travel, I just take this palette instead of a bunch of separate eyeshadows because it contains all of the colors I would use + there are several colors that work for brows. For $20, this palette is definitely worth it - especially if you have green eyes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

While I find the colors to be really pretty, I hardly ever use this palette. I think I've used it three times since I bought it over a year ago. I never use any of the blushes, and I've only used a few of the eyeshadows. The blushes in particular are very chalky, and the entire palette has a strange, chemical smell. I don't dislike this palette, but I have other things that I'd rather use, that are better quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Fibergash6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

The matte Browns are hard to work with, but the rest of the colors are beauutiiiful, blend well and are very pigmented. This is my favorite palette ever, even better than myurban decay ones. And the price makes this product a steal. Peaches, pinks. golds and plums and browns are very in right now, excellent spring/summer/fall colors.