Smashbox Bronze Lights - Sunkissed Matte

4.2

Talc, silica, boron nitride, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, nylon-12, lauroyl lysine, dimethicone, methicone, moringa pterygosperma seed extract, water, butylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, isopentyldiol, phenoxyethanol, may contain: iron oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium dioxide (CI 77891)

on 6/22/2012 11:54:00 AM

I have the Sunkissed Matte but you can see minute shimmer - very fine. You have to be really close to the product to see shimmer. After my BB cream, I place a very light dusting of this all over and then a bit deeper as a blusher. It gives me a nice healthly glow - sunkissed. :). I use this on weekends when I can't be bother with a full face makeup. It's perfect for during errands on the weekend.

on 5/20/2012 12:05:00 PM

I had a Sephora SA search for a non-orange/golden bronzer for me as I find that too many shades are overly orange or "golden", or else shades that do work for me (with pink or more neutral tones) are overly shimmery as they're blushes/highlighters. She came back with this bronzer in "Sunkissed".

This powder wears well and blends like a dream. I like to apply with a flat-topped bronzer brush.

I love this shade (Sunkissed) as either a bronzer or as a natural contour shade.

on 5/18/2012 12:50:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I looked for months for a matte bronzer for contouring that would compliment my pasty skin and help me look less like a corpse. I bought this in Sunkissed Matte, the Suntan is a wee darker.
PROS:
-Very, very pigmented. This is going to last decades, it seems.
-Great colour. Not yellowy, not orangey, not dirty looking.
-Blends beautifully
-Long lasting
CONS:
-It's almost TOO pigmented! You have to use a TINY amount, have a light hand, and blend like a beast!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a great bronzer and perfect for contouring. I have NC20-25 skin and found both colours perfect for contouring cheekbones and slimming the nose. It is a highly pigmented powder…a little does go a long way. I use a fan brush to contour under my cheekbone to create a shadow effect. It is matte and has no shimmer and glitter in it unlike a lot of other bronzers out there so is perfect for contouring. It is a little on the pricey side, but as I said a little goes a long way and I have had mine for two years now and still cannot see the bottom of the pan. I had the smashbox contour kit and it was horrible! The shadow colour appeared to dark and dirty looking on my skin, whereas this was perfect and not at all dirty looking. I don't like the screw lid, it annoys me for some reason but other than that...

Love, love, love and will most definitely repurchase.

on 3/19/2012 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in the Matte Suntan version and very happy with it. Finally, a bronzer that shows up on my skin. Matte Suntan is very pigmented and a little goes a long way. I'm medium toned olive and can get pretty dark in the summer. I'm currently NC40 in Mac Studio Fix Powder + Foundation compact. This SB bronzer is a great shade for me. It's rosey brown on me without all that typical glitter in traditional bronzers. Bronze Lights in Matte Suntan is a great product for contouring. Another great bonus, I don't have any skin irritations with this. SB Bronze Lights retails for $29 (US) and can be found at Sephora and Ulta.

on 2/8/2012 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this bronzer, I have it in Suntan Matte. On my Asian NC30 skin, this is great for contouring but also turns to a perfect rosy glow when I put it on the apples of my cheeks - not sure how (probably because my cheeks turn bright pink easily ugh) but it works out! Because of my yellow toning I look too shiny in blushes and bronzes with shimmer so this matte one is perfect.

on 2/7/2012 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I have this in Suntan Matte. It's a really nice matte bronzer that doesn't look flat on my NC25 yellow undertones. Just a word of reassurance to those concerned about cosmetics which claim to be matte, but which actually aren't. I avoid anything shimmery or glittery like the plague and when I first applied this on my hand in-store, I was worried as I could see minute specks of shimmer. However, once applied, the shimmer can't be detected at all, in both indoor and outdoor light or at any angle, so it really does appear matte on the skin. Even for matte bronzers, I suppose the benefit of having the tiniest of tiny specks of shimmer is that it stops skin from appearing completely flat and one-dimensional (as I find is the case with Benefit's Hoola).

I also like the fact that this provides a subtle application and is very buildable as I find that it is very easy to overdo it with many bronzers (even though I use a MAC 187 and apply quite lightly). The packaging could be improved as it currently looks a bit cheap, and considering that it doesn't have much staying power, a mirror would be nice for touch ups. For this reason, I probably won't be repurchasing as I prefer to apply once in the morning and not have to worry about it again.

on 11/27/2011 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is the best bronzer I have ever used, and I have tried them all! It gives a natural tan, and never looks too over the top. It's also matte which is a plus in my books. I highly recommend it!

on 11/13/2011 2:49:00 AM

This does not look good against my pale NW15 skin tone, even when I apply it lightly. Its just too reddish/ruddy, well too colorful in general, I need something more toned down. It looks dirty on my skin. It is highly pigmented, and goes on easily, but I just can't use it without looking weird...It also broke into small pieces on me.

on 9/23/2011 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this about a year ago, and with very frequent use, i've barely made a dent in this! I own this bronzer in suntan (im about an NC35), bottom line. I adore this. Its great for contouring or just a bronzy cheek colour. Nicely pigmented and I never end up looking like snooki :) does not break me out, blends in effortlessly, and looks natural. What more could I ask for? Highly recommended, will repurchase.

Popular Bronzers