Revlon Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

4.7

Isononyl Isononanoate, Trioctyldodecyl citrte, Ozokerite, Silica, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Paraffin, Microcrystalline wax, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol esters, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythityl tetrethylhexanoate, Aloe Barbadensis leaf extract, Synthetic wax, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May contain: [ /-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, (CI 77891) Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) Red 7 Lake (CI 15851), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) Red 27 Lake (CI 17200) Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15895)] 21919

on 2/5/2014 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I'm surprised I forgot to review this when I bought this back in 08, 6 years ago. I bought it's now d/c sister "In the Red". They were 2 great reds in the Matte lipsticks line by Revlon and they are both favourites. Over the years I've tended to choose this one to wear more because it's a bit lighter and brighter, the other one was browned down which made it easier to get up the courage to wear but honestly----

---this shade is way nicer and I'm glad this is the surviving red in the Matte lipstick line. I better get me 2 more tubes just in case they decide to discontinue it.

The colour itself is a neutral red. I think warm and cool toned ladies could wear this easily. There is almost a cherry undertone in this red. Teeth look white next to it, and it makes my skin look clear and lovely. One of Bobbi Brown's lipstick tests is to try it wearing no other makeup. If it makes your face look better, it's a keeper. If you go sallow or blotchy or your teeth go yellow it's a loser. This is a winner of a lipstick.

It feels light and creamy. It looks matte, but doesn't dry my lips out. And it's a nice satiny matte, not a crepey dry ol' ladyish look, which I am careful of being on the VERY far side of fifty!

It wears for about 3 to 4 hours then it's time to refresh it which is pretty good for any lipstick let alone a red one.

I tried a bunch of red lippies at Estee Lauder, Dior, Lancome and Elizabeth Arden before buying this one and it's now d/c'd sister, and each of the other brands wore off and bled into my lip lines. The L'Oreal ones were really bad for that. I hated the Maybelline smell on their new line, and the L'Oreal's were as stinky as ever. But they ALL bled into my lip lines and wore off fast.

Speaking of bleeding, this doesn't! I'm impressed! Red is a difficult colour when you are over 50 and have some lip lines to contend with. All the other ones bled into my lip lines. This stays put----FOR HOURS!!!!! NO BLEEDING! NONE!

It isn't food proof, but still leaves enough of a stain behind that I keep a red look instead of the bluish grey mauve undertone that my lips have naturally.

Oh and one last comment, that container, the tube itself has a good secure closure on it, no worries about it coming undone in the purse or cosmetic bag. It is a chic matte black with a pretty silver middle. Really nice!

on 1/30/2014 2:30:00 PM

one of the best red lip colours i have. but you have to have really moisterised lips!! colour is beautiful and seems to suit any complexion. i've only used this a few times but haven't been disappointed :)

on 1/27/2014 3:42:00 PM

I love this lipstick it's a pin up girl red I love how matte it is but not as drying as macs lipsticks u go revlon it's a cross between ruby woo and Russian red

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I like this lipstick. I got good comments everytime I wore it. I wore it in the evening most of the time, because it's "really red" and intense, very evening look. The only thing I am not 100% support is that it's pretty dry, need to mosisturize very well before applying, otherwise my lips will get very dry after a couple of hours, and it hurts a little.

on 12/30/2013 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my makeup cheating color, I can just wear this and some mascara and I feel like totally made up. And I swear that the world smiles at me a little more when I'm wearing this color. This isn't super moisturizing or have super-cute/luxurious packaging, but the color is totally worth it.

on 12/18/2013 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

My go-to red. It's a very pigmented true red that looks great on everyone. The finish is matte, so it can be drying. You want to make sure your lips are exfoliated and moisturized. This isn't a lipstick you can put on straight from the tube on the way out the door; lipliner is a must, and a lipstick brush will make getting good results a lot easier. The staying power is average. I wouldn't wear this if I knew I was going to be eating and drinking all night. Still, this is a gorgeous and affordable classic matte red.

on 12/8/2013 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. Just gorgeous. this is such a classic red and just looks so wonderful on my lips. it's not bright at all, think of it as a classy old hollywood red. the matte texture doesn't bother me much as I try to properly prep my lips so that they don't get too try during wear

on 11/26/2013 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Normally around 9$ in Canada, I got a bunch of Revlon lipsticks on sale for 4$ at Jean Coutu.

I love matte lipsticks and for 4$ this is THE BOMB. Even for the 'higher' drugstore price of 9$ I would by happy with it. Good bang for buck.

Very matte, good staying power, great colour on me, when it does fade seems to face evenly and still looks good.

Only complaint is that you need to make sure your lips are smooth and moisturized.... otherwise this will not work out so well for you!

on 11/13/2013 11:33:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

The name says it all.. this lipstick is, uh, really red. I was looking for a lipstick that would help me to achieve a vintage look. I bought this product after reading that it was a near-dupe for MAC Ruby Woo, which many people swear by (but I don't wear red lipstick often enough to justify the price). I was worried that Revlon Really Red would look odd with my pale skin, but it looks fine. I like the matte formula that isn't shimmery, shiny or smelly (just make sure that your lips are well-moisturized first).

on 10/30/2013 5:37:00 PM