August 1, 2014 | 943 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte Lipstick Really Red [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Aralechan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my makeup cheating color, I can just wear this and some mascara and I feel like totally made up. And I swear that the world smiles at me a little more when I'm wearing this color. This isn't super moisturizing or have super-cute/luxurious packaging, but the color is totally worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by feetjustgo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My go-to red. It's a very pigmented true red that looks great on everyone. The finish is matte, so it can be drying. You want to make sure your lips are exfoliated and moisturized. This isn't a lipstick you can put on straight from the tube on the way out the door; lipliner is a must, and a lipstick brush will make getting good results a lot easier. The staying power is average. I wouldn't wear this if I knew I was going to be eating and drinking all night. Still, this is a gorgeous and affordable classic matte red.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by heyybabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. Just gorgeous. this is such a classic red and just looks so wonderful on my lips. it's not bright at all, think of it as a classy old hollywood red. the matte texture doesn't bother me much as I try to properly prep my lips so that they don't get too try during wear

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by mlleange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Normally around 9$ in Canada, I got a bunch of Revlon lipsticks on sale for 4$ at Jean Coutu.

I love matte lipsticks and for 4$ this is THE BOMB. Even for the 'higher' drugstore price of 9$ I would by happy with it. Good bang for buck.

Very matte, good staying power, great colour on me, when it does fade seems to face evenly and still looks good.

Only complaint is that you need to make sure your lips are smooth and moisturized.... otherwise this will not work out so well for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by cattitude

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The name says it all.. this lipstick is, uh, really red. I was looking for a lipstick that would help me to achieve a vintage look. I bought this product after reading that it was a near-dupe for MAC Ruby Woo, which many people swear by (but I don't wear red lipstick often enough to justify the price). I was worried that Revlon Really Red would look odd with my pale skin, but it looks fine. I like the matte formula that isn't shimmery, shiny or smelly (just make sure that your lips are well-moisturized first).

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by lizzieee007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Beware of the dryness...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by ishiharaseth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I admit, despite seeing consistently high reviews for this lipstick all over the internet, I was skeptical to actually put money towards it. Today I thought "Why not," and decided to give it a try. I'm SO glad I did.

It goes on like a normal lipstick, but it's definitely a matte finish! The coverage and pigmentation are wonderful, as is the cheap price tag - especially compared to the non-drug store brands' matte lines.

This is the perfect matte red. It flatters my skin tone and doesn't dry my lips at all. <3 My only complains is that I wish Revlon would make more shades in matte finishes!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by kbono23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

love it! I'm a red girl at heart and this is gorgeous on my olive skin as well as my pale friend. love it's smooth consistency as well! have 2 of these at all times!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by arunciblespoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This lipstick is great. It has as a blue base which makes it perfect for cold toned skins - the look is more 30's and 40's rather than the bright cherry 50's style red. It is matte but doesn't lack moisture, can be worn smudged on with finger for less of an evening look and coated with gloss. I have fairly thin lips but I often skip liner with this, long lasting and looks good against teeth without making them yellow. Would make an ideal first lipstick for someone looking to explore red shades for the first time.

The black and silver tube is pretty, although i'd prefer a vintage looking case to match the lovely colour inside.

Definitely recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by colorsinbloom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Makeup Alley reviewers, you did not dissapoint me! This is the most AMAZING red!
    I can't stop looking in the mirror and admiring this on my lips. I'm a medium, olivey tan, and a lot of reds make me look dark and yellowy. Not this!
    I wanted a TRUE, STRIKING, SUPER SEXY RED, and I've found it ~ Gonna go buy another for backup!