Essie Sexy Divide

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This polish is a shimmery Crown Royal purple, which looks great in the fall and winter. I feel like its a little dark for summertime but when September rolls around I will definitely be putting it back into my np rotation. The formula is great - I would classify it as a 'good' Essie (non-streaky with great staying power). The only reason I didn't rate this a 5 is that even though the color is gorgeous and well done, I feel like I've have seen it before. I guess that is a hazard of being a serious np collector lol. But I would still rec. this color if you are looking for a cool toned dark purple as it really is lovely :)

on 5/16/2012 12:11:00 PM

i dont think this polish looks like much in the bottle, but it looks absolutly amazing on your nails! ive gotten tons of compliments on it because it shines really bright in the sunlight, i definetly recommend it!

on 5/6/2012 10:56:00 PM

Gorgeous rich purple with lots of gloss and depth to it, a very grape-y purple that reminds me of a grape popsicle - great coverage and opacity, too. One of my very favorite pedicure polishes.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This color is gorgeous in the bottle, but be warned the shimmer does not appear once applied. It is still a great deep purple with great Essie quality.

on 9/12/2011 2:54:00 PM

I have a dozen essie polishes and I always go back to this. It's definitely my favourite.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is first Essie Nail polish and it's great. The color is incredible. A gorgeous true purple, just looking at it makes you want to so "Wow!" Applied opaque in two coats and the formula went on smooth.

The Essie brush isn't one of my favorites, but it didn't give me any problems.

on 1/21/2011 10:41:00 PM

this is good stuff! Its like having the purple flash from OPI Ink..but all the time, lol. When I get this as a mani, people always ask me what color nail polish I'm wearing. I never get tired of this!

on 8/24/2010 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I got it as a Christmas present and it is such a pretty color! I love deep shimmery, not sparkly, colors during fall and winter, especially blues and purples. I love how it has dimension to it because it has pinks and blues and purples in the glitter. It applies nice and smooth and is one of the better polishes I've tried. I highly recommend this, but I might not buy again. I have a lot of polishes to try and I want to see if another polish can exceed this. It's a bit hard to track down polishes other than red and pink in salons where I live, but I will definitely look for this if I can't find one that betters this.
I'm still not the biggest fan of the brush though. I've had to wipe off the polish because the brush is hard to handle and the dark polish is too noticeable when I mess up. I'll keep practicing.

on 7/25/2010 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

In the bottle, this is a bright, buy deeply-pigmented purple with shimmer (there is no plum or brown tones in it at all). When I first used it (two coats on my toes), it was evening and in the artificial light they looked black – which disappointed me. My husband suggested to wait and see the color under natural daylight. So the next morning I was pleasantly surprised to see the intense purple I was hoping for, much truer to the bottle’s color. I would buy this again.

OMG! Obsessed with Sexy Divide! By far one of my all time faves from Essie! It's such a sexy, rich, color that's perfect for the fall (even though I love to wear it during any season). I have yet to get a mani with this color & not be complimented and asked for its name. Gorgeous!

Popular Polishes