November 28, 2014 | 1827 users online

Lipstick - Shiseido - Perfect Rouge Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by aidan83

amazing moisturizing and pigmented lipstick!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by bailuli

I only have one lipstick from this line, Ariel, so unfortunately I can't speak for the other lipsticks here. However, I really love the texture and feel of Ariel! I'm around NC20-25 in MAC with a neutral warm undertone. I usually can't pull off very cool lipsticks without look garish.

Which comes to why I love this line, and why Ariel, despite being a very lipstick, is still very wearable for my skintone.

The lipstick line is very light weight with a sheer first pass, but builds up color quickly and solidly on subsequent passes. Yet it always feels light on the lips. I'd describe the finish (at least in the case of Arial), as a jelly like finish rather than cream, due to this semi sheerness going on.

What made this great is that Ariel, when applied heavily, ends up being WAY too bright and horrifying on my skin tone. HOWEVER since it can be applied sheerly, I usually pat on a thin layer (patting is easier to control, but one pass works too. it's just very difficult for me to evenly apply if i do just one pass, and doing a 2nd pass would intensify the color too much). The result is this really sweet and cute faint cool pink that works with the neutral part of my neutral warm skintone, rather than work against it.

When applied that way, it gives me that "Japanese dolly makeup" look that's famously known in the Japanese cosmetic circle.

Wear time is long and the wear is comfortable (though since I only apply the thinnest layer possible, it's not the most hydrating for me. it's never DRY though so it's still great). I can pat this on in the morning and it'd still be there at lunch post several cups of coffee and tea.

I would love to buy more colors from this range to play with!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I bought this in Titian and unfortunately, returned it. The color reminds me of MAC Syrup lustre lipstick in that it's a cool-toned pink. It has a great texture going on, and I love that it's scent-free. However, this has no staying power whatsoever and left my lips feeling chapped within an hour or so. This was my main beef with this lipstick, so it went back to Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by syar11

Yesterday I played a concert with a symphony orchestra wearing this lipstick in "RD 415 Valentine". I got many compliments for it, even from people sitting in the back row! It really stays on, so I donīt have to keep reapplying it (convenient for performing)... definately my favourite red lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by curlycuesue

I don't wear lipsticks or lip liners because my lips get extremely dry and chapped, but I wanted a base to wear under my lip gloss to prolong the color. My HG lip gloss is by Shiseido (Luminizing Lip Gloss in BE201 Cafe Creme), and I obviously love it, so I figured I'd give their lipsticks a try. The color I chose was BE310 Dune, which is a nudey, beige, light tan color. With 1 light layer, it's the perfect nude color to tone down the pind/red in my pigmented lips, and the perfect base for my lip gloss. But if I apply too much, it's too tan/brown for my lips. Otherwise, it's very creamy and pretty moisturizing, and has the typical lipstick smell, but it's barely detectable. And maybe it's just me, but I think it makes my lips look plumper and more luscious... woohoo!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by tifalloyd

I LOOOOOOVVVEEEE this lipstick! I have it in Serenity, Valentine, Sweetpea, Bubblegum, and Titian. I haven't been using lipstick for the longest time since I can't take the waxy feeling, smell, and taste of most lipsticks. I moved to Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm but got bored and would like to try on some color. My first purchase was the Valentine and love love love it! It brightens up my face and really looks good. Serenity is not good for cool skin tones like mine. Bubblegum is so-so for cool skin tones too. (Had two misses because I NEVER use the tester when buying lipsticks... ewww!) Will definitely buy again and buy more shades. My best lipstick ever!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Febere

I seriously love this lipstick. It's so creamy but at the same time it doesn't have a thick texture, it just feels like almost nothing on your lips. The application is so easy you don't even need a mirror, just because it glides on very well and doesn't leave any streaks.
The packaging is pretty and classy, and seems durable to me. My lips feel super hydrated when I have it on. Something that could bother some people is that the lasting power isn't phenomenal, however, for me that is expected, since it is so creamy. Beside that I really don't mind reapplying every 2 hours.
I've had soo many lipsticks, by so many brands, but this one was still able to surprise me. I truly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by vwbenzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I picked this up in RD415 and it is absolutely gorgeous. It is so creamy and a little goes a long way. I actually can just use this lipstick with a nude if I don't want to be quite so red, and depending on the proportion I can get any shade of pink or red that I want! It lasts a very long time and wears very nicely even as it comes off. Leaves a nice natural stain. I will repurchase over and over!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by JaneWayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Why can't some companies just think of a name for a lipstick for Pete's sake?

Upon some internet detective research, I see that the color I purchased is BR-735 (Tawny?)...a lipstick that looks dooky brown when you look at it in the tube. When you put it on though, it's MAGIC. A MLBB (my lips are not dooky brown) color that stays on, feels like you are wearing nothing, and no funky smell! I don't know if any of you have noticed this, but when you first open it, the angle tip has a slight concave curve to it, like something made to go on a lip! Shiseido figured out that our lips are not flat! I recommend checking out their lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

I purchased RS-306 Titian for my C4/NC30 Asian light tan complexion with pigmented lips. This formula is superb: creamy, moisturizing, satin finish, no flaking, and holds color through breakfast and coffee for a full 3 hours, which is long to me as I don't wear my lipsticks completely opaque and tend to mix it with a balm. It is a deep pink with a slight plummy tone, a touch too cool on my skin, but when I mix with a red-tinted balm (like Cherry Chapstick or Lipstick Queen Medieval) it creates a perfect MLBB shade. I would absolutely buy other shades in this range. The finish and feel is sophisticated and rich and smooth and full of moisture. Definitely recommend!