Shiseido Perfect Rouge Lipstick [all shades]

4.3

Diisostearyl Malate, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Macadamia Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-6 Esters Behenate, Triethylhexanoin, Pentaerythrityl Tetrabehenate/Benzoate/Ethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, PEG/PPG-36/41 Dimethyl Ether, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera), Iron Oxides, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Hydroxyapatite, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Polysilicone-2, Methicone, Totopherol, Tetradecene, Nylon-12, Silica, Dimethicone, Water, Red 27, BHT. May contain: Carmine, Red 7, Red 6, Yellow 5, Blue 2, Orange 5.

on 12/21/2013 10:36:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Bought this in RD506 - Tender Sheer shade - which is flattering for my Asian medium-fair skintone. The colour gives me a polished, not-over-the-top red kind of colour. I use this everyday for my work.

Pros:
1) Creamy / moisturizing / not too shiny - I have thick lips so I try not to get lipsticks that are too shiny/glossy in case I look like I ate something oily. I find this lipstick's shine just nice for me. I always blot my lips with a tissue once if I want to make it a little more matte-looking.

2) Very rich / pigmented colour - I love that 1-2 layers of application are enough for a day-to-day work/casual look. Layer on more for a more dramatic look.

3) Reasonable price. Conversion from my currency is around USD30, which is pretty reasonable for a mid/high-end brand.

4) Sleek packaging - no fuss.

5) Durability...? I'm not sure about this -- I tend to put this on at 8AM, and it normally comes completely off during lunch (after eating). But I guess this also applies for other lipstick brands so I guess it's the same level.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have this lipstick in RD613 Mystery, which is sadly discontinued now. It's a gorgeous, dark brick red, definitely not for everybody but I personally love it to death. Shiseido launched a new line of Perfect Rouge Lipstick last year, they changed the colour range into a more "popular" one, full of pinks and corals, what a shame.
Regarding the texture, it's incredibly creamy and moisturizing but still very pigmented, certainly one of the best formulas on the market.
All I can wish is that they can be more creative and make some darker and more unique shades in the future...

on 12/8/2013 8:47:00 AM

The review is for Lipstick Perfect Rouge PK 307 :-)
This is gorgeous! I’ve been looking for a nice Mauvy-Nude Pink that won’t make me look sick (and i can wear it now in winter time)and this one seems perfect. Perfect also for day time with nude make up and rosie cheeks hehehe :P
I love this color on me! So pretty and fresh and makes me feel like its summer again! Also I love how white it makes teeth look.
The lipstick is very creamy and glossy, it has good pigmentation, and although it is glossy and/or creamy, it does have good coverage.
I dont like that it's a bit drying and it's also expensive,no ideea if i will buy it again .

on 11/10/2013 5:41:00 AM

I was looking for a nice berry lipstick for work and job interviews - something close to my natural shade and not too over the top.

I have shade RD 734 - it was $38 AUD, I just wanted to treat myself to a nice high end product

the SA was lovely, she tried several shades on me until she found the perfect shade - that service was worth it.

its lovely and moisturising to wear - feels soft and has little or no smell.

its last about 2.5 seconds on my lips. That's my major complaint, before every meeting after every cuppa, after talking for too long, I have to reapply it. therefore I won't be buying this again despite the fact that it is a gorgeous colour and it nice and soft on my lips.

I use a lip pencil with this - and even that doesn't extend the life of the lipstick

on 8/21/2013 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I only have this lipstick in one shade, but it's amazing. Very creamy and settles into the lips nicely. Moisturizing and long-wearing. The tube itself feels solid and luxurious, and closes securely. Great product!

on 7/16/2013 10:57:00 PM

It's my holy grail lipstick. I got it as a gift set, and the color is the only lipstick color I can find that enhances my Asian skin tone really well. It's easy to use cuz it's sheer yet pigmented,. and also,boverall gives a beautiful finish. :D LOVE IT!!

on 3/11/2013 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love it how it gives all day moisture to your lips and vibrant colour also. Best moisturising lipstick ever!

on 2/17/2013 9:52:00 PM

amazing moisturizing and pigmented lipstick!!!!

on 12/13/2012 8:43:00 PM

I only have one lipstick from this line, Ariel, so unfortunately I can't speak for the other lipsticks here. However, I really love the texture and feel of Ariel! I'm around NC20-25 in MAC with a neutral warm undertone. I usually can't pull off very cool lipsticks without look garish.

Which comes to why I love this line, and why Ariel, despite being a very lipstick, is still very wearable for my skintone.

The lipstick line is very light weight with a sheer first pass, but builds up color quickly and solidly on subsequent passes. Yet it always feels light on the lips. I'd describe the finish (at least in the case of Arial), as a jelly like finish rather than cream, due to this semi sheerness going on.

What made this great is that Ariel, when applied heavily, ends up being WAY too bright and horrifying on my skin tone. HOWEVER since it can be applied sheerly, I usually pat on a thin layer (patting is easier to control, but one pass works too. it's just very difficult for me to evenly apply if i do just one pass, and doing a 2nd pass would intensify the color too much). The result is this really sweet and cute faint cool pink that works with the neutral part of my neutral warm skintone, rather than work against it.

When applied that way, it gives me that "Japanese dolly makeup" look that's famously known in the Japanese cosmetic circle.

Wear time is long and the wear is comfortable (though since I only apply the thinnest layer possible, it's not the most hydrating for me. it's never DRY though so it's still great). I can pat this on in the morning and it'd still be there at lunch post several cups of coffee and tea.

I would love to buy more colors from this range to play with!

on 12/10/2012 6:30:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this in Titian and unfortunately, returned it. The color reminds me of MAC Syrup lustre lipstick in that it's a cool-toned pink. It has a great texture going on, and I love that it's scent-free. However, this has no staying power whatsoever and left my lips feeling chapped within an hour or so. This was my main beef with this lipstick, so it went back to Sephora.

Recommended for Medium Skin