Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trihydroxystearin, Triethylhexanoin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Cera Alba (Synthetic Beeswax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Methicone, Isobutylparaben May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (VEGAN)

MY NEWEST AND BEST HG PRODUCT!

I got this free in a goody bag at London Fashion week and was devastated to see it was the 'Sin' primer potion as I'd hoped for the original.

I am so so so so so happy now that I got the shimmery/gold colour!

This primer is absolutely crazy good! I apply a tiny weeny bit to the back of my hand (you literally need the smallest amount you can squeeze out) and then apply to my lid using my ring finger.

I struggle to get this off the back of my hand after application, that should give you an idea of the amazing staying power of this primer!

My eyeshadow has never looked to pigmented and stayed on for so long!

So worth the money when you realise how much product you actually need to use and because this is shimmery and coloured you could use this on it's own for a quick, long lasting, glamouros eye make up look!

completely and utterly in love!

on 9/30/2014 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Sample from somewhere but this thing lasted at least a couple weeks. Performed as well as the regular Primer Potion, which is good, but I just didn't like the color. If I add color to my lids, I'd rather it be eyesahdow over a good, neutral primer base. Even if i did want the color, Milani and Jordana make close to the same color in pencil form at a much cheaper price.

on 9/18/2014 10:19:00 PM

I got a sample of this from a friend, along with several other "flavors" of UD eye primer. This wasn't my favorite. The lasting power was reasonable, but the primer was sparkly, which made my matte eyeshadow also sparkly. I don't mind a touch of shimmer in one of the mix of shadows I put on in a given day, but not all of them. I'm just too old for that kind of look, and definitely not a good look for work.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've tried all UDs eyeshadow primers and feel they are each great in their own little ways. The original and anti-aging ones are the best as far as making my shadow stay put for many, many hours. This one is a shimmery, champagne color which is great on its own but can look a bit cakey if applying a full-on eyeshadow look on top of this. (Same goes for Eden!) This is great for maybe a crease color over it, but I wouldn't go full on smoky eye with this primer, as it will probably look quite heavy. Yes, it does make shadows pop and last a very long time. I just figure you get more use of your money if purchasing the original, which does the same thing. Side note: I usually use the back of my hand as a "palette" when applying any sort of cream makeup. I work as a nurse and wash my hands many, many times throughout my shift and this STILL was on my hand by the end of my shift. That just shows you the staying power of this primer! I would probably repurchase this, but right now am hooked on Eden and Original!

on 7/16/2014 8:38:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this primer. It's like a frosty champagne color. Really makes my eyeshadow pop and last forever. A tube of this will last a while for me even using it everyday. I liked this better than the original version. Yes will buy again.

on 6/30/2014 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely LOVE UD's Original primer - it's SO effective, but I find that Sin doesn't hold up as well for me...

That said, it's SO gorgeous - a really beautiful shiny rose gold that blends out to be really subtle and makes a stunning base for a shimmery shadow - it's even beautiful on its own with a little liner. I did find that my shadow faded and creased after a while, but this is one of those rare times when I don't even mind!

Do I think it's the most effective primer? Definitely not - UD's Original blows it out of the water for me, but it's so gorgeous that I can't help but love it, and despite it all, I will repurchase.

on 5/13/2014 9:50:00 PM

Made my shadow crease :/

I use the original primer potion and it works amazing [lasts longer than too faced eye primer]. Since it works so well, I decided to try the primer potion in sin. I thought it would work as well but my eye shadow creased by late afternoon. My eye shadow lasts all day with in the original primer but not in sin

My eyelids get pretty oily so this might work on some people, just not me. The original def works a lot better for me.

on 4/1/2014 11:43:00 PM

Well, I didn't want to like this, because I do not appreciate spending $20 on a primer, but I got a sample from Sephora and have to admit, it is superior to any other primer I have used.

Pros: Lasts until I use coconut oil to take it off. Will last through a shower (though my mascara won't).

Pros: Shimmery, which I didn't think I would like (I am 47) but I do.

Cons: Doesn't completely hide creases (I am 47).

All in all though, it is a nice product. I have used it both with Naked 3 palette and with less expensive eye shadows, and I like the result.

on 3/18/2014 5:54:00 PM

I got a package of this with the regular UD primer (in silver). The sin is a beautiful pink shimmer that I can apply all over my lids. I only use this when I want my eyes to look good and keep them that way!
Con: I hate applying it with my finger,and its so hard to get it off once you got it on.(I didn't get the one that comes with the sponge tip)
Overall its a great eye primer.

on 3/17/2014 12:50:00 AM

I LOVE this. I wear it daily and it keeps my Liquid eyeliner on perfectly ALL DAY. I don't wear eyeshadow normally so the slight color to this is great. I have had a real problem in the past with eyeliners smudging all over my lids throughout the day and this has stopped that. A little goes a long way too so the value is great!

Video Reviews & Tutorials