April 18, 2014 | 1848 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - EverPure Sulfate-free Color Care Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by nicolebeauty

What a pleasant surprise! I use this shampoo with the Ever Pure deep conditioning mask and it leaves my processed hair glossy, soft and smelling great.

For a sulfate-free shampoo, it lathers A LOT, which makes me a little suspicious. It deep cleans and doesn't noticeably strip color. It smells sort of like a musky vanilla.

Always a plus? Even two days after I use this my boyfriend smells my hair and is like "Mmm, you smell great!"

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 5:02:00 AM More reviews by danger_kitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I started dyeing my hair and was looking for a shampoo that was for color-treated hair when I found this. I loved that it was also sulfate-free and volumizing. I never tried sulfate-free shampoos. I really like it! It smells like rosemary. You only need a little bit of this gel-ly shampoo on your hand before your rub it together to get this big foam. My hair is heavy and long so I was surprised to see the volume this gave me. My only gripe was that it dries my hair. It could be due to hair dyeing or this shampoo but it's nothing a little conditioner can't solve! (Though, I haven't tried the accompanying conditioner).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by sarahdude9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this shampoo!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this shampoo half off so it was a whopping $3.50 which in my opinion is a steal for a sulfate free shampoo. I'm surprised at the low ratings this got since I really like this product. It smells fine (not a bad or memorably great scent), lathers like crazy which I love and it leaves my hair feeling soft, clean and lightweight. Not much more I need or could ask for in a shampoo. Not to mention, my boyfriend who has really thin hair, had amazingly soft and full looking hair one day and when I mentioned it he said he had used my shampoo!!! The only thing I could complain about with this product is that water collects in the lid so when I pick up the bottle to open, cold water that has been sitting in the lid splashes on me...who wants to feel cold water in a hot shower? But that's a horrible thing to complain about for a product that cost me less than a value meal at McDonald's.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Very hard to wash out!! The only thing I liked was I saved time and didn't have to wash and condition my hair. However, it took many more mins to feel like I had gotten it all out so in the end I didn't save any time. The smell was amber and good but a strong smell. I have long, colored and highlighted wavy very very dry hair. Wen seems to do the same about washing out though.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by delicatebalance

I've been trying to find a Shampoo for colour treated hair that is both cheap and sulfate free. And while this shampoo does win on those 2 points, it fails everywhere else. It left my hair very dry to the point where I had to slather it with a deep conditioner to even get a comb through it. If it strips the hair this much, there is no way it is safe for coloured hair. Very disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by miafiona

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought this was going to be good as it was Sulfate free and Sulfates are damaging to the hair.
Firstly, the packaging is poor. The bottle doesn't hold it's shape and that means after using the shampoo a few times the bottle won't keep it's shape and won't stand up properly in the shower. The smell of this shampoo is average. It smells very plant like and not the most appealing. Didn't damage my hair but did no good either. In general quite disappointing. Don't bother with this!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by ceeceee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this because my hair is dyed red. The shampoo lathered great and I did like the smell. But when i washed it out, it left a film over my hair. I am a thrifty person- if it is not good for hair, I will use it as body wash. Even using it on my skin, it too felt like a film that was not pleasant. I cant figure what is in this to leave an unpleasant feeling to the touch. I say this because I gave it to my husband to use, and he said the same thing without me telling of my experience. So its back for the search for a shampoo that will help retain color and feel.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

I like how this shampoo smells and cleans. It smells like a nice, womanly perfume (as opposed to teenage girl). Maybe a bit of amber in there. The shampoo does a good job cleaning my hair and it feels like there are some replenishing oils in the formula (my hair feels moisturized when I rinse, not stripped dry like my old shampoo). I use conditioner and style as normal.

Have not had any issues with volume, and appreciate how I can shampoo every 3 days (2x a week) without my hair seeming greasy or flat. However, my ends are still dry and I am still on the search for a moisturizer that does not contain silicones as their primary ingredient. At least until I move away from this desert climate! :) I miss my Washington hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by winniewyli21

I was very excited about first trying out this product because I have really fine hair and FEAR I might be bald by the age of 30 (I lose hair when i'm stressed).

Product fell face flat. Just like what it did to my hair. It made it FLAT FLAT FLAT. The shampoo just wouldn't wash out my hair properly and it made my hair look greasy, YUCK :(

I paired this product with the conditioner and would not buy it again...