L'Oreal EverPure Sulfate-free Color Care Shampoo

2.9

on 1/24/2014 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my go to shampoo when I colour my hair! It was able to keep my hair vibrant for three months and my hair was coloured red. This shampoo is way better than the high brand stuff I bought. The only downside is the cap. You really have to slap it shut or you lose a lot of the product.

on 1/11/2014 3:33:00 AM

I have been looking for a good shampoo that wont strip the color out of my hair i used to use the garnier color shield that stuff HORRIBLE!!!. so i tried jodco but a small bottle is 14$ a bottle this stuff i better 10$ still up there in price but better then the jodco the smell of this shampoo for some reason reminds me of a scent you'd smell in a men fragrance maybe its the rosemary juniper or the combination of the rosemary mint scent that the conditioner has but i actually enjoy the scent this shampoo is nice it suds up even though it sulfate free my hair feels clean not overly dry or anything and it hasn't faded my color i would defiantly repurchase this shampoo

on 10/27/2013 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Decent sulfate-free shampoo. No issues with using it--lathered nicely, smelled nice, got my hair good and clean. Price was okay. Would consider repurchasing at some point, but just finished my first bottle of this and I'm in no big hurry to replace it.

on 10/12/2013 11:18:00 AM

I really like this shampoo. My sister suggested it, because I thought her hair smelled really good and she told me what she used and how much she loved it! I will say, my first week shampooing with it I wasn't impressed. I felt like it made my hair TOO soft, and I had a lot of fly away hairs (kinda how Dove shampoo does to my hair)...But now on my third week or so of using this, I really do like it! My hair is actually super shiny and healthy looking, and the flyaways seem to have gone away. I will definitely purchase this product again! I would encourage anyone who doesn't initially like it to give it a longer try....you may change your mind!!

on 9/28/2013 11:28:00 AM

Worst!!! It makes my hair soft buttttttttt my hair will not hold style it gives me no body at all and my hair looks greasy as hell after, ugh I've never had so much hatred for a shampoo before lol

on 6/24/2013 1:12:00 AM

My main issue with this was that it gave me an itchy scalp. I've used other shampoos that were irritating but this was the worst so far. I really wanted to find a good drugstore brand sulfate free shampoo but so far no luck.

on 6/4/2013 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I rarely re-buy shampoos so I've used tons of brands in my lifetime. This has got to be the worst. It's hard to describe but it gives my hair this awful texture, like a stringy, frizzy, hard to comb, rat nest. But I used it with it's matching conditioner so that may play a role. And it completely sucks the moisture out of my scalp, leaving it so itchy that people probably assume I have lice. I bought it because i thought it'd be gentle and color-preserving but it doesn't seem to accomplish either. Oh and since I've started using it my scalp has been producing these weird waxy bits of junk its awful. I can't wait until the bottle is empty.

OH and it reeks. Like really strong astringent-y mens' cologne.

on 6/3/2013 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Tried this on a whim when I ran out of Redken Color Extend (which I think I like better) but so far this seems OK - especially for $7.99 (reduced from 9.99). I have once used it 3 times so far so I need more time before I render a final verdict.
Verdict is in - I like it - no issues with fading my color and lathers well and smells neutral.

This is the worst shampoo that I've ever used.

I have very thick and wavy hair. It left it completely dried out and ITCHY. It was itchy after one use to the point where I was convinced I had HEAD LICE. After suffering through the embaressment of having several people just my hair I learned I DON'T and it is the new shampoo.

DO NOT USE.

on 4/14/2013 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

What a pleasant surprise! I use this shampoo with the Ever Pure deep conditioning mask and it leaves my processed hair glossy, soft and smelling great.

For a sulfate-free shampoo, it lathers A LOT, which makes me a little suspicious. It deep cleans and doesn't noticeably strip color. It smells sort of like a musky vanilla.

Always a plus? Even two days after I use this my boyfriend smells my hair and is like "Mmm, you smell great!"