November 26, 2014 | 1281 users online

Powders - Clinique - Clinique Redness Solutions Instant Relief Mineral Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by ilyxdorkfaceee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

Seriously, this stuff is a joke. it does not sooth or help and hide redness on your skin. It is just a normal powder. that will probably last forever since I have so much.. The only time i use this is putting a bunch of loose powder under my eyes while i'm applying my eye shadow and then clean up the bottom of my eye when i'm done. Do not even get me started on the brush they provided.. so useless. I expected more from this. If you getting it to sooth your redness during the day, don't.. it won't help you out. other than make your face awfully yellow.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by RedLipsCatEyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I don't like wearing makeup but my skin is fairly uneven with some acne scars on my cheeks and redness around my nose. I first spritz my face with a toner before applying this and have found that the combination works absolute wonders for me. The reason I gave 4 stars vs. 5 is because the results are not instant - I wasn't even sure it was working until after 5-10 minutes. After that time passed my skin looked so even it seemed like I was wearing foundation. I can't even imagine how great the results would be if you wore it over/under makeup with more coverage. It makes me look awake, my pores look smaller and my skin is glowing and even. I can't speak to how well this works for rosacea, but it's perfect for mattifying my oily skin and evening out my complexion. I love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Oinkles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Used it for a few days and noticed my redness was getting worse. That's when I looked at the ingredients. This product contains caffeine, which is one of the worst triggers for rosacea. So why on Earth would you put it in a product meant for people with rosacea?

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

This powder does not perform as advertised. I had used the cream in this line and liked it well enough to think the powder would further diminish redness I often have at the top of my cheeks. I paid more for this than any powder I've ever owned but prefer yellow powders that cost me much less. I have owned 4 other yellow powders and used them for my redness but also to tone down too pink blushes, too dark bronzer, etc. I have a ton of this stuff and thought I'd at least be reaching for it in that way but its not even the multi tasker I'd hoped it could be. I can't quite place my finger on it but while it doesn't seem to aggrvate my skin, it simply doesn't look as good as other powders have. I guess its the finish as I have used it mainly to set makeup because by itself it has not been a satisfactory product to cover redness on its own. However because it was so costly and I have so much of it, I plan to try it again under mineral makeup this summer as a mineral muakeup primer. I will update to post how that goes. If you can still find the Carmindy for Sally Hansen yellow powders, one loose, one in a compact, those are great! Great price too as they were drugstore. I'm currently using one by YBF, nice enough but not great, too pricey. I expected more from Clinique admittedly.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by la1a1a1aura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a lot of blemishes and I was hoping this would tone down the red, it did slightly not as much as I hoped for though. Also if you have any dry patches on your skin stay away from this powder because it makes the dry skin very noticable!! I have tan skin and I could use plenty of this product and it wont look yellow so thats good for anyone with tan skin. The brush that comes with the powder is just ok. It holds the powder well but doesnt do a good job blending.

UPDATE: I just tried the Physicians Formula mineral wear correcting powder, works sooo much better than this and wayyy cheaper! Definitely look into it before deciding on buying this clinique powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by nb55

I have this in the compact and only the loose powder in a sample size. The compact is really attractive and the product is great. The brush for the compact can make it easy to over-apply but with a light hand this powder can serve as a great concealer. If you have red marks from a healing acne spot then this works a lot better for me than a liquid (like Revlon's Colorstay acne concealer- which is great if you fit into their shades).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by meggielynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've had Redness Solutions for a little over a year now and I'm sure I haven't even used half of the powder. I like it. I think it's a good finished powder for all over your face and it mutes the redness on my face, for sure (however, I don't have a -ton- of redness). In the summer time, it's usually the only powder I use because it's so light. I find that if I use a primer (Arbonne) and then put it on, it lasts a good long time. If I ever run out, I'll probably buy it again. When I have the money! The brush is crap too, I use Eco Tools powder brush to put this stuff on, much better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by ncdecolover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Not terrible but nothing great either. Though Clinique says this is mineral powder, it covered more poorly on me than most mineral makeup and I really don't have that much red. In addition, as other reviewers have said, it doesn't appear to absorb oil on my face. Considering these issues, I think this powder is overpriced. No way will I repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 6:12:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I so rarely write bad reviews but I just can't with this product.

I love yellow powders but this is way too sheer and doesn't do anything for my red. That would be ok if it at least absorbed a bit of oil.

T Leclerc powder in Banane is much better. The Clinique was wasted money for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this and the pressed version and I've been using it since it came out. It doesn't conceal redness completely for me but it makes my skin smooth and even and provides a good base for powder (I use clinique's almost powder) I'm not sure it treats my rosacea which I think its said to, but I just like the finish it gives me as a make up base.