October 24, 2014 | 919 users online

Powder - Christian Dior - Diorskin Nude Fresh Glow Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2011 3:50:00 AM More reviews by sharybee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG! I think I have just found my HG powder.

I have combination oily skin which tends to oxidize most foundation and powders I put on. However, this one doesn't and the best part of it, it controls my oils as well and I can testify that the powder works exactly like how they describe it to be i.e. it keeps your skin matte yet radiant all at the same time.

Love love and double love...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Twiggy12345

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have repurchased this product for the second time and really like it. I am NC 25 for reference and got 030. It doesn't irritate nor cause breakouts on my sensitive acne prone skin. The coverage is medium, and gives my skin a nice glowy finish, those w/ large pores or really oily skin should probably avoid. I use a kabuki brush to buff it on, and best part is it is THE only powder foundation to date that hasn't oxidized on me. (btw, my skin typically will start out normal/dry in the a.m. and get oilier as the day wears on). Great product, kinda pricey though, but worth it for me, the packaging could also be improved, but I'm not sure how - mineral powder is always messy to apply no matter what ime.... :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by CG1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I have never spent this much on foundation, it is def. not cheap--but I really liked this product. It does not look cakey, looks very natural applied with a kabuki or flat top brush, makes me look glowey, it lasts very well through a full day, it was a perfect match for my skin tone and application is very quick and easy. I have no complaints. I said I would buy it again, but because of price not so sure. It a great product though!
(Bought this in 40 Honey Beige, I am NC35)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2011 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Giuliocci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is an expensive foundation; I payed like 35€ for this. It comes in a square jar, which is a bit difficult to carry around; anyway it's not one of the worst packaging I saw.
The product itself is really nice! It goes on smooth and light, and blends beautifully with the skin, giving a cool, refreshing sesation. The powder is very fine, similar to mineral makeup (even though it's not made only by minerals). I apply it using a flat-top brush, but I think that it could be perfect if applyed with a kabuki brush. Like every powder foundation, make sure to apply the right amount, in order not to look overdone :)
The final effect is just perfect: skin looks bright and smooth, so natural!
The coverage is medium, and can be built up for a higher intensity.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 10:01:00 AM More reviews by FleurDefendue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I agree with most of the reviews below. It gives a nice glow, it has a cooling effect like water, it isn't cakey; it didn't make me oily either. But coverage is very sheer. I used it over the Dior Nude liquid foundation and I wouldn't say that the result was that flawless. It behaved like an ordinary powder on my skin and it didn't impress me. The worst part is the packaging. In my opinion, is awful. Powders like that need a wide container in order to swirl brushes. This is tiny and, although elegant, it gets too messy. I couldn't control the amount of product, it was either tiny or almost half the container! Not to mention that I find it extremely expensive. 44 euros for 8 GRAMS???? That 's the main reason for not repurchasing. Paying so much for such a tiny amount, the product has to be just PERFECT.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by sweetbabylace

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just don't like this at all... It' so sheer. Still, I've seen other sheer products that worked every bit as well if not better. I gave it a 3 becuz it's not awful and it will sort of even out your skin on days you want to be ultra natural. It has a soft glow to it, but it really covers almost nothing. The glow is nothing spectacular and you could achieve the same result with a less expensive product. I don't hate it, but I'm not a fan...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by psmitty

Good product, but unfortunately I've been spoiled by the Dior Extreme powder. I bought this for a change when my beloved powder ran out and it just wasn't the same.This loose powder costs approximately $45 CDN (I used Shoppers points) and comes in a fairly small container. The coverage wasn't as good,I was more oily and application was more fussy. As for the mineral aspect for sensitivity, the Extreme powder has been amazing for my sensitive, acne-prone skin anyway. I have very pale yellow skin and the palest matches- although its a bit more neutral.I prefer the yellow tone, however this one is more universal. This is a great, glowy, long-wearing foundation for sensitive skin, however I still much prefer the look, ease, coverage and wear of Extreme powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by DaniellaD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product! My skin looks as if it has been airbrushed, almost poreless. I have very visible pores without make-up- so this is product is basically amazing. My only gripe is the lack of colors available. I have yellow/olive undertones and this product only comes in neutral undertones. I bought the 40 Honey Beige which is slightly darker than what I would like but it matches my face My neck is lighter than my face so I usually match to the neck to avoid the line however the shade lighter, 30 Medium Beige, looked like chalk on my skin.

*** Repurchased - you can't beat this powder. Love it. Still a little messy but I guess that is something that can't be helped with canister powders.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by misakiichii

this is going back to sephora for me. for $46, i am appalled at how LITTLE this foundation covers. for reference, my skin is pretty good. i have some redness on my chin and face, virtually no acne, and no scars.

...

it doesn't cover anything. the finish was a dull, dry matte and not 'dewy' or 'glowy.' i tried different brushes, layering it, NADA.

and to make matters worse, it really dries out my skin. :( i really wanted it to work for me... but it just doesn't. on the bright side, it smells good and the packaging is divine. but a good scent and pretty packaging isn't worth keeping a product that doesn't do jack.

so back it goes!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2010 1:38:00 AM More reviews by TiaR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I'm an NC35 and I was trying out 030, which is too light. 040 looks so dark but it goes on lighter!! I think they all do. It's a bit strange, so just keep that in mind. Anyways, I have a love/hate relationship with this (I'm using the sample right now and thinking of buying it). Coverage is quite light, and I have a couple bad scars as of late, so it doesn't do much for them. BUT...it makes me look so freaking gorgeous and natural, like my skin is hydrated. I even left for dinner with just this powder on cause I didn't mind my scars showing due to the glowyness. It isn't oily-glowy, just healthy glowy. Anyways, I'll wear it with colorstay underneath tomorrow and see how it holds up. Oh, and it's expensive. Boo.