Rimmel Stay Matte Clarifying Matte Foundation

2.9

Aqua/Water, Dicaprylyl Ether, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Butylene Glycol, Mica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Isostearic Acid, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Galactoarabinan, Kaolin, Xanthan Gum, Salicylic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc Oxide, Sodium PCA, Disodium EDTA, Sorbic Acid, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton) Powder, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491)

I can't seem to remember if at one point Walmart had this in my skin tone, or if I just bought the lightest tone that they had and made it work. When I have tried to repurchase, it just seems wayy too dark for me. But! When I did have this product, it was great! I really did "stay matte" I hope I can stumble across a lighter shade soon! I will repurchase.

on 2/19/2012 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product provides light to medium coverage and lasts for most of my 8 hour day. The main down side is the color selection. I don't need full coverage so this foundation is a great choice for me. I have already repurchased this twice and would not hesitate to do so again once I run out.

on 1/18/2012 1:45:00 AM

this product is AMAZING!! does not cause acne whats so ever it is not shiney hence the name, will deffinately buy again

on 1/7/2012 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Well on the positive side colour 200 suited my yellow/beige summer skin well,in fact my husband couldn't tell I was wearing foundation however that leads me to my cons; it covers nothing it is so sheer and it is not matte, it is in fact quite shiny. Will not purchase.

on 12/17/2011 5:26:00 PM

I think this has been discontinued bc i can't find it anymore. I wore this all summer and it was great. It does say stays matte but my forehead did get shiny after a while. I do have acne prone skin and this Did NOT cause any break outs. Oil free, non comedogenic. Sets well with powder. Since i can't find this in my DS i bought the 25 hour foundation and actually think i like that one better! there is more coverage. Not very many colours to choose from in rimmel foundations tho, but for 8 bucks and perfect colour match for me, I won't be buying my $35 Caryl baker foundations for a while!!!

on 12/4/2011 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

UGH This product is horrid. Got it on sale at target over the summer for something like $2 and it claims to be matte, which I need because I have bad oily skin. Ummm this makes me oily after 2 hours so that should say it all. Thank god I didn't pay full price! Might give it away or throw it out because it simply does not work for me. It's hard to find your shade, too. FAIL PRODUCT.

on 10/9/2011 3:00:00 PM

If you are looking for a matte finish, this product is not matte despite the name. I got the color in soft beige. It has a very natural sheer finish and doesnt feel heavy.
Only cons is that I have combination skin and it can get cakey if you have dry spots. It claims that it has 12 hrs of shine control which is not true. Overall, I think for the price and as a drugstore foundation, it does the job and is a good foundation if you dont have high expectations.

on 8/1/2011 12:22:00 AM

I really didn't like this. I tried it b/c i have oily, acne prone skin. I have really fair skin, and i bought the absolute lightest shade this came in (i think it was ivory) and it was still waaay too dark for me, and had an orange undertone to it. Also, when I tried it out, after a while my skin looked very oily, and it felt disgusting!

I'm surprised by all the bad reviews of this foundation! I'm actually a huge fan of it. I don't like thick, heavy make-up at all so this is perfect as it has a nice light consistency and doesn't make me feel like my face is caked in product which I just think is gross. The colour matches my skin tone perfectly (I use ivory) and just evens everything out nicely and leaves a bit of a glow. I haven't found it to be very matte, maybe a little bit but not as matte as their mousse foundation was, but it doesn't leave my skin really shiny like some of their other foundations do. I love the fact it has the salicylic acid and it's the only foundation I've ever used that hasn't broken me out or clogged my skin. No idea if it's the salicylic or if for once my skin just doesn't hate something haha.

I haven't found it to be orange at all? It stays the same colour on my skin.

The only con I'd say about it is the that it can get quite runny, especially in summer, so you need to make sure it's kept somewhere cool. This doesn't really bother me but I can see how it would annoy some people. Although sometimes it can kind of explode out of the top if you're not careful haha. But none of these affect how it performs on my skin which is why I still gave it a 5.

Also we don't have it available in Australia so I have to order it from overseas! Pain in the butt really but it's worth it!

on 7/26/2011 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got 3 tubes of this in "soft beige" from a friend. I'm fair with freckles and normal-dry skin. Many of these reviews talk about the lack of shades and bad matching. The soft beige is actually a very good match for my skin. I apply it as I do with all of my liquid foundations - with a cosmetic sponge dampened heavily with water. This way it blends super easy, and the coverage is more sheer. I don't need or want much coverage - I just need something for powder & makeup to "stick" to, so this is perfect for me. It blends very evenly and gives a super sheer finish that looks clean, but lasts all day. It does not give a super matte finish, and it does need touch-ups during the day, but I find that it lasts very well and does have some mattifying/shine control. I use Clinique blended powder on top, and I have a pretty matte look that lasts all day with minimal touch-ups, even in 107+ Texas July heat. I'm very impressed for such an inexpensive product. I can see if you apply this directly and do not use the damp sponge method, this foundation might have issues with blending or streaking. It also does not cause me to break out, although I'm not sure the "skinpure" (salicyclic acid) actually does much for me. If you like sheer coverage or tinted moisturizers, or live in a hot humid climate, you should give this a try.