July 24, 2014 | 1001 users online

Treatments (Eye) - The Body Shop - Wise Woman Eye Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by louisesjkelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Do not buy the Wise Woman Eye Cream if you are looking for easy to use and value. The packaging forces wastage and it clogs at the opeing, so you end up with big white lumps on your face. I was very dissappointed with this product as hate wastage and found the packaging realy inappropriate given the Body shop philosophy. The pump makes you use more than you need - you cannot control it. It clogs in the dispenser overnight so half of what you pump out is unusable as it sets into a hard lump. You then have to pick the lumps off your face. I feel really ripped off as I have only been able to use half of it and I am upset at the wastage. It goes against why I am a Body Shop customer and I would only try it again if they change the packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by mayyami

Didn't do anything for my fine lines, etc. However, neither have any of the eye creams I've ever tried.
This is a good light eye cream which sits well under makeup and sinks it rapidly. Moisturises adequately but doesn't really do anything else. The packaging is horrible, creates a lot of product wastage. Firstly, the pump doesn't allow you to control how much cream to dispense properly and most of the time too much would come out. Secondly, the little bits remaining at the mouth of the pump will dry out and crust over which you pump out the next time you use it. Lots of wastage.
Search for a better eye cream shall continue!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Homegirl81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for the last 3 weeks. I am almost 30, and have started to notice the skin around my eyes looking a little more lined, so thought it was time to invest in an eye cream!

Really like this product - it feels light yet luxurious on application. It isn't oily at all, but does moisturise the eye area well, without stinging or causing irritation. I can see a difference in my eye area - it does appear a little smoother and the fine lines are a bit more plumped out.

The product is really good under make up as well. It doesn't leave any residure, so there is no pilling.

The packaging is also very good - a cute little gold bottle with a pump. The pump does dispense slightly more than I need, as a little goes a long way, but obviously you can just press it down halfway, instead of all the way - it's not a problem. I will happily repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by lizzyko

I preface this review by saying I am very skeptical of eyecreams, yet I continue my search, as do we all. I have had this about 2 weeks, and I like it. It's no miracle....but I do feel it is taking the edge off the look of my eyes. A little improvement in the crepiness, and a little improvement in the darkness. This is a first for me, to see ANY change. I am cautiously optimistic about the long term result. At $24, it's not bad....it is going to last a while, the pump is awesome. I'm using only at night, as my eyelids tend to get greasy during the day and I don't need to add to that.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by kimmie578

I have always used eye creams on and off, and sometimes end up using my face moisturizer on my eye area. I have never found an eye cream that seemed to do anything great or seemed worth shelling out the extra money for when I could just use my face cream.

While no miracle worker, this eye cream does a good job of keeping the skin around my eyes moisturized (my eye area skin can get terribly dry). It does help smooth out fine lines which I think was a result of my eye area being too dry. I think for the $24 that I would buy it again because it helps me with the problems that I have with my eye area. My eye makeup goes on much more smoothly now too after putting this cream on in the morning. Of course I wish it made me look 20 again, but no eye cream is going to do that!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2010 2:26:00 PM More reviews by lesha

I bought this based on reveiws and am disapointed. I used this almost every morning for 4 weeks and it did nothing for the fine lines under my eyes or dark circles. Also I dont know why but when I apply this cream at night my eye bags are puffy in the morning. Not a good look. For day use though its good under make up. This stuff as a moisturizer is ok I guess. I havent found an eye cream that has helped with fine lines or dark circles yet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by canadiancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I cannot remember a time when I wasn't self concious about my dark circles and puffiness, and because of that I have tried many eye creams. Most of the eye creams I have tried over the years have not done much at all. However, with this one I can see an improvement in the area around my eyes.
The Body Shop Wise Woman eye cream makes my dark circles look less severe and also reduces puffiness. I don't have any fine lines yet, so I don't know if it helps with those, but I do like using some anti-aging products so that I can prevent things before they start. This cream is very moisturizing, but it absorbs really well and does not make my eye area look greasy. It doesn't really have a smell at all, so it would probably be good for anyone who is sensitive to fragrances.
I will definitely buy this again. It is the best eye cream I have found so far. It does not cure my circles completely, but it helps. It is pretty affordable too ($24.50), most eye creams are this price or higher, and this one actually works. The only negative thing I could say is that it's impossible to tell how much is left in it. It generally lasts for about 4 months, so I usually buy a spare one after 2-3 months to make sure I don't run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Berty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this for a few weeks now (at night) and really like it. I agree with the positive reviews below. It's a bit pricey for a Body Shop product (almost as much as some high-end eye creams), but it does last for ages as you only need a very small amount. The pump bottle is easy to use and you can dispense as little or as much as you like. It's easily absorbed, not at all greasy, and I do feel that my lines are plumped up at bit in the morning. I do also believe it's made my bad dark circles better, which I've never found with any other eye cream... Not sure if it's just my imagination, as I never thought an eye cream could really do that, but they really do seem to be better! I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by kumintang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

It's an okay product IMO, not a miracle worker, but so does every eye cream in the market, I believe. Been using this cream day n nite for the past 2 months and it does good on my sensitive skin means no irritation. It moisturizes very well without being sticky n greasy, very easily absorbed.It doesnt diminish my already formed fine lines but it softens their appearance, it plumps up the skin so the lines are less noticeable. And no new lines are formed, yayyy...however since I dont have dark circles under my eyes, I cant attest to it. For me however, since so far what I need is moisturizer for my lines, then yes, will buy it again considering the price and results given are basically the same with pricier brand

UPDATE April 2, 2011 :
after I finishes off one bottle of TBS Wise Woman Eye Cream, I stray to another brand, loccitane divine eyes.
To my surprise, although its price is higher than TBS, I prefer TBS more for the reason that it sinks in quicker and over time TBS does giving my under eyes area more 'toned' look than loccitane. So yeah after I finishes my loccitane, I'll go back to TBS :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by clairekathleen

I bought this after reading the reviews but was disappointed, because I was looking for a product specifically for my dark circles. Didn't notice any difference to the dark areas, although it works very well as a primer before concealer and general moisturiser otherwise. Once it's finished I will probably look for another product that is specific to dark circles.