Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Sunblock Lotion SPF 60

2.6

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.9%), Zinc Oxide (4.7%) Inactive Ingredients: Alumina, Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Ascorbic Acid, Beeswax, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, BHT, Bisobolol, Butylene Glycol, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Dimethicone PEG 8 Laurate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Methicone, Methylisothiazolinone, Pantothenic Acid, PEG 100 Stearate, PEG 8, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 60, Retinyl Palmitate, Silica, Stearic Acid, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trisiloxane, Water, Xanthan Gum 08/17/11

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I don't understand all the negativity on this product! I love it! The original Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch sunblock was thick, irritated my skin, and smelled sunblock-y. This doesn't irritate my skin at all so I can use it on my face :) it's also very lightweight and doesn't have that horrible sunscreen smell. Will repurchase :-)
EDIT- I do slightly notice the white cast everybody is talking about, however I just used a pea-sized amount for my whole face, and when blended out well the white cast is not noticeable :) this may be because I have fair skin, so if you have dark skin, you might want to try something else. I still love this though!<3

on 6/30/2011 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Heavy white cast, kind of makes my skin shiny.

Blends okay for me.

I don't use it on my face unless I'm really going to be in the direct sun for a few hours.

If I had a kid I'd use this on him/her, but it was a bit too thick for me. I do use it under my eyes if they feel extra dry from Retin-A.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

White cast central. Stains everything. I was hoping this would work but I can't get over the casper look it gives you. Not to mention it dries in the most unattractive way as well. I honestly can't say one single good thing about this stuff.

on 5/1/2011 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really hate that I have to use sunscreen, as most have ingredients that make me break out or cause a horrendous rosacea flareup... that said, my dermatologist recommended Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Sunblock and I went with her advice. Aside from the fact that if you use the proper amount, you will look like a ghost, even after rubbing it in for 10 minutes, you had better not be a sweater. If you do sweat, your face will turn into an oil slick. No fun. I ordered Colorescience Sunforgettable powder sunscreen in Perfectly Clear and we'll see how that works out. As far as the Neutrogena sunscreen goes, it will have to be my winter sunscreen, when I am pale and less likely to sweat.

on 5/1/2011 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yuck. I tried this product since it had physical sunscreen filters (zinc oxide and titanium dioxide) and no fragrance. At first it was OK, then I tried it one day and as the day progressed, it felt like slime on my face. Looked gross, too. Since I was at work, I couldn't wash it off my face. Sucked to be me that day. I do not recommend this for any skin type. This is one product I would like to see Neutrogena discontinue. (Side note: How on Earth does Neutrogena get SPF 60 from this when the sunscreen concentrations aren't even 5% for each active ingredient? Must be something else in the "secret sauce".)

on 4/20/2011 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It didn't make me break out as bad as the normal neutrogena sunblocks, but I did notice like small hive-like swelling spots on my face after wearing it for about 6 hrs continuously. I only noticed the bumps after about 2 weeks of wearing it. It protects well from the sun, but it leaves a white hue on my face. It was also difficult to blend. I need a new sunblock but I don't no what to try.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

The ingredient list is alpha instead by amount used, so notice parabens are in this--not good, and vit c is probably very low. This may be okay for body, but don't use it on your face.

on 1/28/2011 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Much too heavy for my sensitive skin. I was ok the first few days, but after that I started to break out.
Does give excellent sun protection.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

What crap.........sensitive skin? This product broke me out horribly and left a whitish cast on my face. TERRIBLE

on 10/30/2010 6:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

While this isn't an elegant sunscreen formulation it does do what it says- it screens the sun.

I haven't, and won't try it under makeup, but while at home in the weekends I'm quite happy to use it. It's not nice after sweating a lot, nor is it very pleasant after re-applying two or three times during the day. However it's still cheaper than Clinique for the weekend, and finally Neutrogena have smartened up and put a flip-top cap on it.

I wore it, with re-applying three times, in the harsh NZ sun (no ozone layer and no pollution to create an artificial ozone) and didn't get burnt at all. I looked pretty disgusting because it's a physical sunblock by the end of the day. But it worked- an in summer that's all I want in my sunblock.

I much prefer it to Neutrogenas chemical sunscreens as it doesn't burn.

UPDATE- have given up on this sunscreen as it doesn't stand up to any sweating or sun exposure. I went for a long run and found that it had beaded up all over my face in gross clumps and heaps of it settled in my eyebrows and needed to be combed out- cleanser wouldn't do it. Yuck! It's also pretty hopeless on your body because it's so thick it doesn't spread that well, and you notice if you miss a bit- the sun bites it! And watch out if it gets into your eyes! Ouch!!!!!!