Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Sunblock Lotion SPF 60

2.6

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.9%), Zinc Oxide (4.7%) Inactive Ingredients: Alumina, Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Ascorbic Acid, Beeswax, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, BHT, Bisobolol, Butylene Glycol, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Dimethicone PEG 8 Laurate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Methicone, Methylisothiazolinone, Pantothenic Acid, PEG 100 Stearate, PEG 8, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 60, Retinyl Palmitate, Silica, Stearic Acid, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trisiloxane, Water, Xanthan Gum 08/17/11

on 8/17/2011 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

i'm writing this review without reading the other yet, as i dont want to be influenced by what they say.
my skin: fair, freckle and acne-prone, combination, easily burned
needs in a sunblock: uva and uvb protection, at least spf 30, doesnt make skin dry and flakey but doesnt make skin oily either, can be used under MU, is physical, not chemical, so i dont have to re-apply as often

i bought this before reading reviews, just saw it at the store. i think it was around $12 or so at walmart. i was really happy ot see that it was a higher spf physical ss w/ both uva and uvb protection, and that it was fragrance free. it being waterproof ans sweatproof werent really a big deal to me, as i dont go swimming or anything too often.

upon application i noticed that there wasn't an offensive smell. there is an obvious whie cast, but i dont mind that a bit, since i have a lot of redness in my skin from acne scarring, and often i got out w/ just ss, no MU, so i found that this helped to hide some of the reddness.

the 1st time i applied it i noticed that my skin got a little flakey arond the lower cheek/jaw area, so after that i used a tiny bit of moisturizer underneath, and that solved the problem.

the reason i've only given this a 2 is beause it feels SO oily on my skin! it wouldnt be such a big deal if it only FELT oily, but it LOOKS like really greasy skin too. this isnt a matter of using too much-- and i wouldnt use less and compromise the spf's effectiveness. at first i though it just needed to sink in but after wearing it out for a few hours, it didnt at all.

i DO love the packaging on this, who DOESN'T love squeeze tubes?! they're the best way to use up all the product!

in short, i think this would be great for someone with dry skin, they'd love it!
but for me, i'm looking for an every day, physical ss that isnt quite as oily. i have a more expensive japanses ss that i wear under my MU, but i want something less expensive for the days i just want to put on ss and go. if anybody has any suggestions, please pm me!!!!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I don't understand all the negativity on this product! I love it! The original Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch sunblock was thick, irritated my skin, and smelled sunblock-y. This doesn't irritate my skin at all so I can use it on my face :) it's also very lightweight and doesn't have that horrible sunscreen smell. Will repurchase :-)
EDIT- I do slightly notice the white cast everybody is talking about, however I just used a pea-sized amount for my whole face, and when blended out well the white cast is not noticeable :) this may be because I have fair skin, so if you have dark skin, you might want to try something else. I still love this though!<3

on 6/30/2011 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Heavy white cast, kind of makes my skin shiny.

Blends okay for me.

I don't use it on my face unless I'm really going to be in the direct sun for a few hours.

If I had a kid I'd use this on him/her, but it was a bit too thick for me. I do use it under my eyes if they feel extra dry from Retin-A.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

White cast central. Stains everything. I was hoping this would work but I can't get over the casper look it gives you. Not to mention it dries in the most unattractive way as well. I honestly can't say one single good thing about this stuff.

on 5/1/2011 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really hate that I have to use sunscreen, as most have ingredients that make me break out or cause a horrendous rosacea flareup... that said, my dermatologist recommended Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Sunblock and I went with her advice. Aside from the fact that if you use the proper amount, you will look like a ghost, even after rubbing it in for 10 minutes, you had better not be a sweater. If you do sweat, your face will turn into an oil slick. No fun. I ordered Colorescience Sunforgettable powder sunscreen in Perfectly Clear and we'll see how that works out. As far as the Neutrogena sunscreen goes, it will have to be my winter sunscreen, when I am pale and less likely to sweat.

on 5/1/2011 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yuck. I tried this product since it had physical sunscreen filters (zinc oxide and titanium dioxide) and no fragrance. At first it was OK, then I tried it one day and as the day progressed, it felt like slime on my face. Looked gross, too. Since I was at work, I couldn't wash it off my face. Sucked to be me that day. I do not recommend this for any skin type. This is one product I would like to see Neutrogena discontinue. (Side note: How on Earth does Neutrogena get SPF 60 from this when the sunscreen concentrations aren't even 5% for each active ingredient? Must be something else in the "secret sauce".)

on 4/20/2011 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It didn't make me break out as bad as the normal neutrogena sunblocks, but I did notice like small hive-like swelling spots on my face after wearing it for about 6 hrs continuously. I only noticed the bumps after about 2 weeks of wearing it. It protects well from the sun, but it leaves a white hue on my face. It was also difficult to blend. I need a new sunblock but I don't no what to try.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

The ingredient list is alpha instead by amount used, so notice parabens are in this--not good, and vit c is probably very low. This may be okay for body, but don't use it on your face.

on 1/28/2011 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Much too heavy for my sensitive skin. I was ok the first few days, but after that I started to break out.
Does give excellent sun protection.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

What crap.........sensitive skin? This product broke me out horribly and left a whitish cast on my face. TERRIBLE