L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

3.7

on 7/12/2013 11:26:00 AM

This is my first ever MUA review!! I am a huuuuge review freak and read reviews on EVERYTHING before I purchase it so I was surprised to have just found out about the website. I had to write a review for this mascara because I don't know what I would do without it!!! I am going into my senior year in college and have probably been using it since sophomore year of high school. I LOVE IT! My lashes are on the shorter side and are naturally curled. This mascara really does DOUBLE EXTEND the length of my lashes! I have had several compliments over the years on how long my lashes are and I always refer the person to this mascara because it takes total credit.

Not only does it do as it says and double extend your lashes, it is awesome as far as removal is concerned as well. Anytime I ever run out and have to borrow one of my roommates' mascaras I prepare myself for raccoon eyes. And usually even with makeup remover there will STILL be some excess smudges under my eyes the following day. Whereas this mascara just slides off in the shower. Kind of strange looking for sure, but absolutely NO appearance of under eye darkness which I LOVE.

If I had to say anything negative about this product it would probably be due to my latest purchase of it. It has been more clumpy than usual and a ton of mascara comes out on the brush. Granted it is new and I know over time and usage that problem will solve itself, but as for the first week or two of use I have had a little trouble with application as far as clumping. That can be easily solved with the Tweezerman eyelash comb (which I have just started using and is also pretty awesome!)

All in all if you are looking for a new mascara and have issues with raccoon eyes from regular mascaras do NOT hesitate to try this product!!!! You will not be disappointed! I have suggested this product to most of my close friends and family and they love it as well!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really loved this mascara! Sadly, I lost it, bought a new one, and completley feel in love with that one! But this mascara was my 'to go' mascara and used it almost everyday! It comes with a white coat that you have to apply first and then apply the black coat which really helps to set them in place and make them look longer and much darker! What I absolutely loved about this product was the fact that it would just slide off with warm water and I didn't have to use any eye makeup removers or anything! Highly reccomend =)

on 7/9/2013 7:38:00 AM

Yes, I would buy it again but only because I still haven't found the better one. It comes with a lot of excess material on the brush, which is a problem with the white part as you don't want your eyelashes glued together. It is very difficult to take off (which is on the plus side).

on 3/18/2013 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

THE best mascara I've ever purchased. I've tried my fair share of mascaras from one's that you buy at the drug store to estee lauder to dior to everything. And I always come back to this one. I do have to say I have naturally longer lashes but this just adds to that! It makes them instantly longer. I am not a fan of the clumpy-look that some girls might like, I much prefer a natural look and this works perfectly for that.

Added bonus, when you wash off your mascara it comes out in strands .. no more racoon eyes!

Only drawback, I probably have to buy a new tube every 3-4 weeks because it is smaller then other mascaras. It can be purchased for about $8-9 at Target which is decent.

on 11/26/2012 11:12:00 PM

To anyone who hates using baby oil or makeup remover or looking like a racoon when you jumped in a pool/shower or have been crying this mascara is for YOU!

This mascara is effortless! I jump in the shower when I come home from work and the mascara just washes away in "strands". It doesnt liquify down my face like normal mascara's.
I have been using this product for a few years and I will not try another mascara again.Absolutely love it, especially the price!

on 11/18/2012 10:32:00 AM

I like to try new mascaras but I always go back to this one. It gives my lashes volume and length, stays put throughout the day, and washes off easily. The absolute best.

Ok, this is definitely not my favorite mascara. However, I figured out what the problem is - the wand. The 'primer' coat clumped like crazy and was a BIG mess. Tried the mascara end, it was eh, okay but nothing special. Someone made the comment to try a different wand with the 'primer' product and TA-DA! much much better. I wouldn't buy it again unless they change out the wand but at least I'm able to use the product until it's gone.

on 2/9/2012 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I really like this drugstore mascara because it can compete with high end mascaras. It lifts, lengthens and gives you volume.. Its a real Bi*ch to take off though! You have to use alot of warm water and keep rubbing for a long time. I actually had my bathroom sink get clogged with alot of the tubes after 2 months of use of this mascara and that was annoying to say the least. Be aware of that. Otherwise, its a great mascara and makes your eyelashes look pretty. :)

on 12/27/2011 10:28:00 AM

The mascara is time saver!
It is water proof and cleans out easily with warm water. no mess no hassel! and it extends my lashes as advertised. Some ppl thought i have fake eye lashes on. lol

Will keep using this mascara!!

on 12/25/2011 10:40:00 AM

When I first bought this mascara I Hated it. It clumped badly making it look as if I had 3 lashes. I put it away for a week or too and now i absolutely adore.it. it really does extend my lashes makign them look long flutterly seperated and gave me some volume. All I need is 2 coats and Im good to go. Also this does not flake or smudge off my eyes. this mascara only comes off with warm water. and it really does coem off in "tubes". Good job L'Oreal for a great product. Im almost done with my tube and will def. rebuy!