August 22, 2014 | 1741 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by sunran

I like to try new mascaras but I always go back to this one. It gives my lashes volume and length, stays put throughout the day, and washes off easily. The absolute best.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by kristina5475

Ok, this is definitely not my favorite mascara. However, I figured out what the problem is - the wand. The 'primer' coat clumped like crazy and was a BIG mess. Tried the mascara end, it was eh, okay but nothing special. Someone made the comment to try a different wand with the 'primer' product and TA-DA! much much better. I wouldn't buy it again unless they change out the wand but at least I'm able to use the product until it's gone.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by persiantee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this drugstore mascara because it can compete with high end mascaras. It lifts, lengthens and gives you volume.. Its a real Bi*ch to take off though! You have to use alot of warm water and keep rubbing for a long time. I actually had my bathroom sink get clogged with alot of the tubes after 2 months of use of this mascara and that was annoying to say the least. Be aware of that. Otherwise, its a great mascara and makes your eyelashes look pretty. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 10:28:00 AM More reviews by hlnren

The mascara is time saver!
It is water proof and cleans out easily with warm water. no mess no hassel! and it extends my lashes as advertised. Some ppl thought i have fake eye lashes on. lol

Will keep using this mascara!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2011 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Vampvixen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first bought this mascara I Hated it. It clumped badly making it look as if I had 3 lashes. I put it away for a week or too and now i absolutely adore.it. it really does extend my lashes makign them look long flutterly seperated and gave me some volume. All I need is 2 coats and Im good to go. Also this does not flake or smudge off my eyes. this mascara only comes off with warm water. and it really does coem off in "tubes". Good job L'Oreal for a great product. Im almost done with my tube and will def. rebuy!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by CuppycakeLover

Well it clumps up pretty badly and dosent dry. It just makes them black and ugly and they stick to eachother its kinda nasty looking on my lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by themullens220

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the best mascara-period. I recently bought a more expensive one at sephora (MUFE) and will definitely go back to this one. It separates and elongates beautifully. On sale, the price is affordable and I get asked what mascara I'm using when I have this one on. Also, one of the best things is NO MORE RACCOON EYES! I love that they rinse off easily when you want to like little tubes-great technology.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OK at first i didnt really enjoy this mascara I dont know if it was me or the product got better or i learned to appreciate mascara alot better. I have dry lashes no matter what i do to condition them or use on them. I do try to condition them every night but i get lazy but i do have really long semi curly lashes. Their manly long & straight. I dont like to curl them since most curlers or i pinch myself all the time so i get nervous & my outer lashes wont ever fit in to the curler. So anyway i am just looking for definition but before i knew much i just bought whatever mascara was on sale or looked cool.
=PRICE & AVAILABILITY=
This mascara is available whereever your Loreal products are sold like in most drugstores CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid as well as Target & Walmart. The price will vary as well depending on your area & discounts/sales/coupons but i have seen this around $6-8 which is the typical price of a mascara. I like it since you are basically getting a primer + mascara.
=FORMULA & SHADE & PERFORMANCE=
This Beauty Tubes mascara is a great formula. This is double ended meaning, the first step is the primer or the white primer is where you will apply the actual FIBERS that will build up & coat the lashes to make the lashes longer, more full & lifted. I find it does def add length & definition and slightly lifts. The white primer tubes dry within 20 seconds. I wait til its dries otherwise if you go on w/ mascara, it may turn the black a bit gray. I have heard to let it semi dry or let it dry the whole way. I like to let it dry as long as possible- the black mascara is actually nicely pigmented & a great basic defining & slightly lifting mascara on its own. Ive used it alone & it made my lashes look great too. So if you are looking for length- the primer is by far the best lengthing mascara ive tried since it does contain fibers or TUBES. Its so awesome to see how much length it adds to your lashes since you do see the white TUBES caping the end of the lashes. Its amazing. i have used the tubes with other mascaras & it works great too. i use my Falsies mascara- HOLY CRAP my lashes end up being too long where they hit off my crease. I get so many compliments on my lashes like their fake when i use this. The actual mascara is a bit wet but over time it does thicken up but its a really good mascara. I love this formula/tubes. Its def wears without flaking. Ive not seen any black flakes around. It stays put for hours & hours since you have to use hot soapy water to take this off. & its neat or maybe even gross to see the "tubes" come off- then you see how much different your lashes look without it. I love this mascara its def a great fibers or tubing mascara. for a lot less than HE alikes. I love it & def my most reached for in my big stash of mascaras but i always come back to this one.
=PACKAGING=
i have the original version which comes in a red/maroon tube w/ silver metallic writing/logo that is double ended. One end is the primer/tube which is a white mascara while the other end is the basic black mascara.They twist open/close easily. The wand is a traditional bristle brushes. The primer end is a tad smaller than the black masara. The bottle is a bit thicker than some mascaras. def can be brought in bags for on the go application. Step 1 contains 0.17 fl oz and Step 2 contains 0.16 fl oz. And the black is black. not so super duper black but its not gray or charcoal. Its def great & dark on its own. So if you dont want to mess around w/ the tubing you can use the great mascara on its own as well.
Overall,, This is def a really nice Tubing mascara. I love using this together or using the Primer with other mascaras. Those with short lashes will def appreciate this alot. I do have longer lashes already but since im not good with false lashes, this is def great alternative. I suggest this mascara to everyone. It lasting a long time without turning into a dry mess. It kept the same so far. Will def repurchase over & over again. Its a great price since most priming or tubing mascaras like Blinc etc are really expensive. I love it & am surprised alot of people dont. I know i didnt ever let it dry long enough before to truly appreciate it til one day i let it dry for a while & realized i hated it bc i wasnt allowing the tubes to dry & set before putting mascara on it so it made all my mascaras weird looking. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by nmc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This mascara is awesome. I didn't realize how great it was until I bought another brand that was on sale, and it was like heaven when I finally went back to the Beauty Tubes. You don't even need the white conditioner, I think. But if you do use it, it makes your lashes even more dramatic, but also adds some clumpiness, but you can definitely avoid it if you just take your time applying. It actually lasted a lot longer than I thought it would. It's a little bit expensive, but honestly, I really love it so it's worth it. ALso, washing it off is a little different from normal mascara. It sort of slips off your lashes in tubes with warm water, so it almost feels like your real lashes are being washed away. You'll get used to it though :-) Great stuff! Definitely worth a try!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by 1sparklerush

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my mascara HG. I have been using it every day for several years and won't use anything else. It did take a little practice to apply it in a way that looked good to me, but once I had it down, it's been great. Put on the primer and immediately follow with the mascara... you don't have to wait for it to dry. I have reasonably long lashes, but this adds more length - my lashes sometimes brush my glasses with this stuff. It never smudges, smears or flakes for me, even when I cry. On nights when I'm really lazy (or want my eyes to still look good when I wake up in the morning :) ), I'll wash all the rest of my face and sleep in it. Yes, really. I love love love this mascara.