October 20, 2014 | 2013 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bare Escentuals - Kabuki Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by tamilynn316

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have the "heavenly face kabuki brush" as well as the regular full size full coverage, mini and I have to tell you I like them all but the Heavenly face kabuki is AMAZING... it is great .. flat on top I love it.. its a lot like the handy buki without the handle.. totally recommend it... it feels so SOFT I love it!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink550

WORST EVER! Super scratchy, just plain awful. My $3 elf kabuki is so much better than this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

This brush came with the Bare Minerals set I bought a while back. At first, this brush was great at applying bronzer & gave full, even coverage. After a while, all the good qualities about this brush slowly started to fade away. I've had this problem with all the Bare Minerals brushes I've used. Although, I didn't mind this brush as much as the "flawless application brush". They are all cheapily made & not a good investment in the long run. The hairs on this brush started to turn coarse & hard, this also sheds like crazy. All the makeup brushes from this line are the worst quality brushes I've ever used, & that includes brushes from drugstores. You can get way better brushes at a fraction of the price. Don't buy this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by riri92000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutley worst brush ever! And for the price I paid it's simply outrageous. I hate everything about it, from the way it applies, the shape and the bristles. It applies really patchy and I have to use about 3x times the amount of product compared to a regular brush because the product "falls down" into the brush and doesn't stay on the top part of the bristles. This means that I have to add more and more product to get any results. Even my cheap blush brush does a way better job.

The bristles are a nightmare! They are really harsh and sharp and irritate my skin, it hurts and my skin often stays red for a long time after applying. I sometimes avoid using my mineral makeup just because of this brush. I hate this brush to the extent that I threw it in the thrash the second I bought a new one.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by rmitchell5

I bought this brush because I needed fuller coverage than I was getting with the BE flawless face brush. Initially when I received this brush it felt reasonably soft and the dense bristles looked like they would offer fuller coverage. However, like many of the BE brushes, with time, it became rough, very scratchy and shed A LOT. I think it's because the bristles snap/break easily, therefore becoming uneven and less smooth on the skin. Also like other reviewers have pointed out the brush fell apart! One day the bristle came away from the ferrule (metal part) in one clumpy mess. It's a shame as I love most of the BE products and I feel the this brush lets them down. As far as brushes goes take your money else where!!! I'm off to see if the newer full flawless brush is any better...

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Ldv15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Seconding all the reviews below, WORST BRUSH EVER! It has the nastiest and the roughest bristles I have ever tried with a brush! it's worse than the Quo brushes from SDM. I have no idea how BE is still in business besides their mineral veil--now THIS is only great thing from their line. Everything else plain SUCKS. There are so many better kabuki brushes out there AND mineral make up out there that does not use BISMUTH!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by suanle23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

WORST KABUKI BRUSH EVER!
At first, I actually thought it was the foundation that made my face feel different, but this brush scratches you, and sheds ALL OVER MY FACE!
I stopped using Bare Escentuals because I thought the formula was drying out my face, but I switched the brush with the Dior Powder Foundation brush and it works fine!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2011 1:34:00 PM More reviews by kitkat73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This brush was scratchy, shed a lot and after a few months fell apart. BE brushes generally have not been anywhere near worth the price in my experience, but this was probably the worst.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by caz5000

Came in a kit so was cheap for me. The worst brush I've ever used. Bristles were way too hard and stiff and didn't give a good result with powder, they also shed all the time.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2011 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Kaspari13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I have to agree with the majority of reviewers on this brush... there are just too many negative qualities to overlook.

CONS:
- brush is made from goat hair
- the coarse bristles were scratchy and irritated my skin
- it shed horribly, especially after being washed
- at $28 it is a very expensive brush considering the quality
- I prefer a foundation brush with a longer handle, but this might not bother some

PROS:
- creates a full-coverage look