Too Faced Chocolate Soleil

4.5

on 5/12/2015 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

meh, i am NC42 yellow undertones and this left my face looking kinda dirty imo. i tried it on my cheeks-can't see anything. i tried to contour, looked dirty. it smells wonderfully chocolatey and goes on smooth but does not work for me. it looks great on the eyelids though! lol

This Bronzer is AMAZING! I needed a bronzer that was matte and not too orange, and this is perfect. It's a stunning dark brown shade, I use it with my kit contour brush and it takes me about 20 seconds to apply. It's so easy to blend and you can make it as natural or dramatic as you like. It works great for adding some colour to my face if I'm looking particularly pale. And the chocolate smell!!!!! Every time I use it I wonder if it tastes as good as it smells.... this product is amazing, you won't regret your purchase.

on 5/6/2015 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I got the mini bronzer and better than sex mascara mini for 15$ at sephora. I needed a bronzer that would be too orange which most bronzers of mine do and plus one that wouldn't have glitter. For 15$ why not right? The mascara is pretty good but after a few uses I had to "reset" the wand by wiping it with a baby wild due to so much clumping. But the bronzer is exactly what I wanted. The smell of chocolate is cute, no something I bought it for because makeup smelling like food isn't appealing to me. I range from NC 42-44 Estée Lauder DW Honey Bronze - toasty toffee. NARS All Day Luminous Syracuse- Tahoe. I'm very yellow to say the least lol. This bronzer to me isn't orange it's a true brown with like a grey undertone but it isn't too overwhelming. It gives the best "shadow" type of look for me to contour my nose and cheeks. Today is my first day using it as an all around bronzer but I love how I'm looking. It's like a suttle bronzer and def build able. I had to go a few times with my angled sigma brush to get my desired color but I rather that than an overwhelming brown at the first swipe. Def get the mini at sephora to try it out and with a mini mascara it's a win regardless. But I will get the bigger one after this is done, hopefully it lasts long lol

on 5/4/2015 2:58:00 PM

Love this bronzer! It's great for warming up the face all over, as well as doing a little contouring. It blends out really nice and is the perfect shade (not too warm but not too cool). Annnnnd it smells like chocolate!!!

on 4/16/2015 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I reeeally don't like this. It results in a muddy and ugly effect --unless I have fake tanned my face-- and even THEN no matter how light i go, or which brush i use, it never ever looks good. It looks very fake and orange. I have seen other ppl use this and keep my fat mouth shut but IMO everyone looks awful with this. It just looks like dirt, not fresh/healthy/contoured depending on how it is used.. I have tons of bronzers and this is the only one I always look bad in. I tend to tone it down with extra face powder just to try and make it look decent. This is the only too faced bronzer that i could not take a liking to. Does not blend as well as the other Too faced bronzers do. The powder goes everywhere, too. The two stars are because most ppl seem to like it so it's possible that my taste is very solitary, the other star is because technically ut is quite finely milled etc--it's just a nasty colour n the powder prefers to stick rather than blend.

on 4/14/2015 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I lurrrrrvvveee this bronzer! I bought the "Sex & Chocolate" set from Sephora; great way to spend $15 bucks! This is not orange at all nor a shimmery glitter bomb. I wasn't sure exactly what I was expecting for USD$15 (not a lot obvs!), but this is gr8. I got the bronzer & Better Than Sex mascara both mini's but u still get a lot of product although I have a feeling I will be using this a lot. This bronzer smells so yummy! (FWIW the mascara is also a good product). This doesn't make me shiny (I am the oiliest of the oilies ever), it is gr8 for contour OR bronzer purposes to give ur face some warmth & glow w/o a whole bunch of glitter which imo glitter can look kinda a hot mess on ppl who tend to get shiny/greasy/need-to-blot-constantly like myself. I am so happy I bought this, plus I am VIB Rouge for 2016 now!! I don't know how much a full sized TF bronzer retails for (not cheap!), but this is so much better than my old NYC Sunny. After I finish this i will need to decide Benefit Hoola vs. this but atm I am one very happy customer. I thought the packaging was a little lacking (it's in flimsy cardboard not a plastic compact), but what it lacks in packaging glitz is made up for by the quality of the product inside 4 sure. Like I said I wasn't sure what to expect for such a bargain! I don't have a lot of TF makeup I've only ever had the mascara but now my interest is piqued in getting one or both of the chocolate bars finances ever permitting but idk which 1 lol so hence why I need both. I already have Benefit Hoola in a blusher palette (xmas set promo), i think I need a full size of this lol ("money ain't gonna spend itself"), the wonderful aroma alone is reason enough to buy this over Hoola! I'm a TF convert :) :) :)

on 4/13/2015 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

It is matte and doesn't go too orange on me like most bronzers do. I use it for daily, light contouring/bronzing, nothing too heavy. On special occasions and nights out, I use my Anastasia contour palette. This was actually a deluxe sample size from Sephora but it lasted me over a year. I personally didn't notice a strong chocolate smell until late in the hitting pan stage, unlike the YouTube beauty gurus all gush about, but it was very nice when it happened.

on 4/13/2015 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This review is based on a mini size that came in their Beauty Blogger Darlings, which also included a mini primed and poreless, shadow insurance and better than sex mascara.

I love this bronzer. I only recently learned how to properly apply bronzer, I've found that having an angled blush brush with soft bristles really helps (my favorite one of the moment is the Luxie 504 brush). I start out with a light application, in a circular motion going from the the hollows of my cheeks to my temples and then down my jawline and neck. I build it up until I'm comfortable with the color, and then apply my blush.

When I'm done with this mini size, I will def purchase the full size bronzer.

on 4/6/2015 4:22:00 PM

I have about 5 bronzers but I always go to this one first. It's a great colour, goes on really well and of course it smells nice. It's not orange at all on me and gives a healthy warm tone to my skin. I had it as a present and it's quite expensive but I would definitely buy this myself.

on 4/3/2015 7:07:00 PM

I got this in the "tan without the twinkle" set which came with a really nice flatbuki brush. But this bronzer was really disappointing! I really can't believe all the good reviews. It's hard to blend and gives a muddy color. I didn't like contouring with it because it just looked so dark compared to the rest of my face. Really glad I only got the small version of this and not the full size.
Plus, the chocolate smell got old fast. Like why would you want your makeup to smell like food anyway?

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder- Review and Comparison to NARS Laguna by Lindsey Rose