Too Faced Chocolate Soleil

4.5

on 7/5/2015 12:21:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

After searching for many years, I have found my HG of bronzers.
I have LLL/MMM yellow undertoned skin (ie. Nc20-25 in Mac terms) and tried both this and the Milk Chocolate shades. This regular Chocolate was better as it showed up on me in just the right way without having to layer it on.
The color is a simple brown with no orange or red or shimmer.
So I use it in the classic "3" with a fluffy brush. It is great as both contour and bronzer as it is neither too golden nor too cool.
Best $30 I ever spent at Sephora!

on 7/2/2015 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product based on the recommendations that other reviewers who had similar skin tones (NC30-35) bought this product and worked well for them. This works well as a contour color (which is what I use it for). The color does show up on my skin tone, but not as dark as other contour shades I've tried, which is OK because sometimes I'm darker in the summer months and need a lighter darker contouring shade. In terms of packaging, definitely not a travel friendly bronzer. It is very chunky but the design is very cute and girly. It is a snap-close type of package in gold color. The product is matte and no ounce of shimmer in it. As the title is, it is a chocolate color and would work well for paler skin tones too. Also, there is the hint of chocolate smell to it that most people love (or hate?). It does smell quite yummy though, I have to admit. Pigmentation is pretty decent. I apply this to the contour of my cheeks, occasionally on my nose contour and hair line area. It does last quite a few hours, but never timed it to see how long it would last for as I seem to develop my color throughout the day naturally. (I guess waking up I look pretty dead). My skin did not react to this product despite my sensitive skin. I would recommend this product but probably would not repurchase as there's so many contour shades out on the market to stick to one. :)

on 6/25/2015 2:22:00 PM

BEST. MATTE. BRONZER. EVER.

period. :)

on 6/24/2015 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This smells and tastes amazing like chocolate, if your wondering how i know that it tastes good particles of powder got into to my mouth :D
the product itself is really good, probably woun't be the best option for really fair skin as the bronzer is on the darker side so id suggest going for the milk chocolate one,(wiTch ive ordered and ill do a review on it aswell)

on 5/26/2015 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a perfect contouring powder. No unnecessary shimmer (You're contouring with a bronzer generally, why would you want the opposite effect (shimmering highlight) of what you're trying to achieve?) Overpriced for what it is. The chocolate scent is unnecessary, although delicious when applying, ultimately a waste and a money grab...not to mention chemicals that are unnecessary and can most likely contribute to breakouts. I'd repurchase this overpriced product simply because there's not enough completely matte decent-coloured contouring powders out there.

on 5/20/2015 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

im nc25. i love this for contouring. it blends so easily and is a great colour on me.i use it almost every day. theres so much product

on 5/12/2015 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

meh, i am NC42 yellow undertones and this left my face looking kinda dirty imo. i tried it on my cheeks-can't see anything. i tried to contour, looked dirty. it smells wonderfully chocolatey and goes on smooth but does not work for me. it looks great on the eyelids though! lol

This Bronzer is AMAZING! I needed a bronzer that was matte and not too orange, and this is perfect. It's a stunning dark brown shade, I use it with my kit contour brush and it takes me about 20 seconds to apply. It's so easy to blend and you can make it as natural or dramatic as you like. It works great for adding some colour to my face if I'm looking particularly pale. And the chocolate smell!!!!! Every time I use it I wonder if it tastes as good as it smells.... this product is amazing, you won't regret your purchase.

on 5/6/2015 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I got the mini bronzer and better than sex mascara mini for 15$ at sephora. I needed a bronzer that would be too orange which most bronzers of mine do and plus one that wouldn't have glitter. For 15$ why not right? The mascara is pretty good but after a few uses I had to "reset" the wand by wiping it with a baby wild due to so much clumping. But the bronzer is exactly what I wanted. The smell of chocolate is cute, no something I bought it for because makeup smelling like food isn't appealing to me. I range from NC 42-44 Estée Lauder DW Honey Bronze - toasty toffee. NARS All Day Luminous Syracuse- Tahoe. I'm very yellow to say the least lol. This bronzer to me isn't orange it's a true brown with like a grey undertone but it isn't too overwhelming. It gives the best "shadow" type of look for me to contour my nose and cheeks. Today is my first day using it as an all around bronzer but I love how I'm looking. It's like a suttle bronzer and def build able. I had to go a few times with my angled sigma brush to get my desired color but I rather that than an overwhelming brown at the first swipe. Def get the mini at sephora to try it out and with a mini mascara it's a win regardless. But I will get the bigger one after this is done, hopefully it lasts long lol

on 5/4/2015 2:58:00 PM

Love this bronzer! It's great for warming up the face all over, as well as doing a little contouring. It blends out really nice and is the perfect shade (not too warm but not too cool). Annnnnd it smells like chocolate!!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder- Review and Comparison to NARS Laguna by Lindsey Rose