MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7%; Titanium Dioxide 2%, Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polymethylsilesquioxane, Isostearic Acid, C4-24 Alkyl Dimethicone/Divinylmethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Shea Butter, Yeast Extract, Quercus Suber Bark Extract, Phytantriol, Dextrin Palmitate, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Cellulose Gum, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Palmitic Acid, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG -10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecyl PCA, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Stearate, Hexylene Glycol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

on 4/19/2015 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My favourite winter foundation! A beauty blender works best to apply and blend this creamy gel-consistency foundation. Using a brush will make application difficult!

PROS:
Glides effortlessly over skin
Does not accentuate my dry patches, eczema and/or troubled skin
Offers medium to full coverage
Dewy, natural finish
Blends seamlessly
Amazing range of shades

CONS:
Tends to transfer or rub easily, even after setting with powder
Price

Would purchase again... although my current tube has not run out, even after years of usage!

on 4/9/2015 12:01:00 PM

This product does have very good coverage I shall give it that but it is very hard to blend and makes my face look very caky and over done. I would not repurchase this product because it was very expensive for me and I much prefer true match which is 1/3 of the price

on 4/9/2015 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I cannot describe how much I love this product. To start off it works for me as a foundation, concealer and powder. Therfor I don't have to go out and pay a lot extra for my powder. Finding foundations have always been hard for me because they tend to get caked up and cling to my dry patches. this doesn't do that at all. It blends nicely and covers my acne. It's also the only foundation that has never broken me out.
I would recommend this product to people with dry skin over people with oily skin. This is an amazing three in one product and I'm really happy that I found it.
I would 100% buy this product again.

on 3/20/2015 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is probably the worst foundation I have ever tried. I have dry sensitive skin with a lot of redness. Most heavier coverage foundation are quite matte which is not good for dry skin and I had high hopes for this.

On the postives the NC15 color is brilliant and paler than most NC15 from other foundations. You also get 40ml and the packaging is really practical.

My problem with this is that it feels really awful and and doesn't look like skin at all. It's super hard to blend and it's way to noticeable. Quite frankly I will stick to light fondation now and assume the redness. Still beats looking embalmed.

on 3/13/2015 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hello perfect skin!!!
I've been using vichy dermablend foundation for years..I had acne on my chin and it was advertised as camaflarge make up so I bought it and loved it...now yrs later acne had almost gone..still get odd spot on my chin but that's life. ...but I'm more upset over the scarring...its awful to me and knocks my confidence so much.
But it was time to find a new foundation. ..as my skin had become dry and vichy wasn't cutting it anymore!
So tried a few. ..estee Lauder. ..which I hated (read my review)....revlon colour stay whipped....not to bad but not best coverage (read my review)...kat von d lock it (great stuff...hard to buy in England and way over priced I think)....now enter mac studio sculpt....I love love love this foundation....its full coverage and creamy....and moisturises my dry skin while covering it...leaving it looking dewy and bright and comfortable to wear all day....I've read some bad reviews on this foundation but can't see why if your buying
The right type for your skin....cos we're all different and need different things from a foundation. ...estee lauder...grear for oily skin as is studio fix liquid. ..studio sculpt. ..fantastic for dryer skin types! !!
This is my fav mac foundation. ..but get a sample before you buy it..I did! Although I still got wrong colour. ..I got nc15...really too light but I'll order another in nc 25 and mix them to get right colour. ...but as foundation goes..you cant get better then this for coverage for dry skin....I use a techniques expert face brush which is great for lots of foundations. ...and works well with this one....7/10...only used it for a day or so...heard mac can break you out which I don't need... so if this doesn't do that. ..then this is my new foundation forever! Fingers crossed; )..p.s you get 40ml too...instead of regular 30ml in most high end or drugstore foundations which is loads so it'll last..easy use squeezy tube and looks nice on dressing table too...sleek! X
UPDATE. ..26/3... OH DEAR....had to stop wearing this as it broke me out a bit too much....sad as I loved the dewy finish....never mind onto the next foundation!

on 3/13/2015 8:16:00 AM

I purchased this product after reading all the reviews, I hav Mac face and body which I love but this foundation just gave me spots, I tried it numerous times and the same thing happened I just kept getting breakouts, got colour matched by MAC and they matched me NW25 which was ok in the shop but when I got home it was way to dark they never get the colour right, the finish is ok but very hard to blend and after a few hours it went very patchy I have used many foundation but I won't be purchasing this again I will go back to my Chanel lift lumiere

on 3/10/2015 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

One of my all time favourite foundations! A creamy consistancy foundation that has very buildable medium-full coverage with a dewy finish. I do a lot of makeovers at the weekends and would always consider this foundation as my safe foundation as it works well with every skin type and is always a guarenteed flawless finish, I have yet to find someone who this foundation doesn't look gorgeous on. Pros: Medium - Full coverage Long lasting & doesnt require a powder Suits every skin type Dewy finish Cons: I find that mac yellow tones are never golden enough 36.50 euro is a bit pricey for this foundation but defenitly worth it

on 3/9/2015 11:17:00 AM

I have very sensitive skin and it's been very hard finding a foundation that won't dry out my skin after a few hours. Tried clinique, Dior, Estee Lauder, Rimmel, No7 and Shiseido and for me this one is the best! Have in mind i don't need much coverage as my skin is quite clear but nevertheless, when it sometimes is a bit blotchy it covers it right up!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is actually more a review for the concealer from the Studio Sculpt line but both concealer and foundation are heartbreakingly rubbish. I feel sorry for any sucker unlucky enough to shell out their hard earned cash on this monstrosity. I wish I could be kinder about MAC, but for such an overpriced, overhyped, cold calculating corporation with such terrible customer service, it's hard to feel any sympathy when, lipsticks and eyeshadows aside, they basically charge money for old rope.

I have no idea why so many people raved about this line when it came out: it is awful! I have a feeling most of the rave reviews were bribes...they would have to be. Studio Sculpt sucks!

Studio Sculpt concealer was my first ever purchase from a MAC store, in fact, my first encounter with the MAC store. Yep, the rude, condescending, snotty staff, the overpriced poster paint being sold as makeup...ahhh MAC, how I adore thee. Oh well, I thought. It'll be worth it all for glowy flawless MAC quality skin, right? Wrong!

I paid a ridiculous amount of money for this tiny tub of...stuff. I bought in NC15 back when I was going through my pale and interesting phase. This concealer made my 17 year old baby soft skin look like a 60 year old's. I could swear that this product is made out of powdered chalk and talc mixed together with lard. Firstly, it's dry as a bone, and almost rock solid. You literally have to dig in the pot for a chunk of this gunk. Second, it is sooooo IMPOSSIBLE to blend - this ties in with the first point that it is rock solid. Third: it separates! Literally the greasy liquid part and the chalky pigment actually separated while on my face: half chalk powder, with a layer of oil on top. Nice. Did I mention this stuff immediately creases and turns teeny tiny fine lines into deep Mariana trenches? It also: dries my skin out completely, looks ashy and dull, turns blemishes crusty and covers barely anything. You could not pay me to wear this product again. Not after 3 different friends asked me what was wrong with my skin when I applied this. I would rather use drugstore products for the rest of my life than touch this again. Consider it the black plague of concealers. Please ladies and gents, do not waste your money on any Studio Sculpt products. MAC: discontinue this line ASAP! PLEASE!

on 2/27/2015 9:34:00 PM

Had high hopes only to be extremely disappointed, broke me out, looked thick and cakey. It was hard to blend and despite getting colour matched at MAC, it was still too orange. Wasted $70+NZD on it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Request: My Current Foundation Routine and Blue,Brown and Gold Evening look by Toni3luv