MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7%; Titanium Dioxide 2%, Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polymethylsilesquioxane, Isostearic Acid, C4-24 Alkyl Dimethicone/Divinylmethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Shea Butter, Yeast Extract, Quercus Suber Bark Extract, Phytantriol, Dextrin Palmitate, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Cellulose Gum, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Palmitic Acid, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG -10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecyl PCA, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Stearate, Hexylene Glycol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation broke me out and never dries. I gave it 1 star for being super hydrating on my dry skin, doesnt cling onto my dry patches; another star for the 40ml portable packanging

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I bought this product a few months ago because my boyfriend bought me a MAC voucher and before this point I had never use a MAC product before. I am currently a university student so do not have a lot of money to be spending on makeup however I would definitely buy this foundation again as it is by far the best I have ever used despite being quite pricey!
My skin is quite normal, perhaps slightly more on the oily side of the spectrum and I have never had any particular troubles with my skin. I have extremely veiny eyelids and I find that the tops of my cheeks are normally very red and blotchy.

I use this product every single day and find that when I have a 9am lecture and plan to go out for dinner or drinks in the evening that all I have to do is make touch ups to have flawless coverage.
I will be honest and say that it is a very oily product so I don't think I would recommend it for someone that has extremely oily skin, however for someone with combination/oily/dry skin it is perfect once you have applied a small amount of powder onto particularly shiny areas such as the forehead.
I would also say that although the product is quite pricey (especially for a student), it lasts and lasts and lasts! I bought mine in August and I still have around a quarter of the tube left even though I apply it a minimum of once a day and I am a big fan of high coverage.

I do think its a shame that so many people have had such bad experiences with the foundation but I do also think it is an absolute miracle product if you know how to use it. I tend to contour and conceal my face before I apply it and when I put it on I use a Stippling brush (i find a foundation brush or a sponge makes it appear cakey) and move in a circular motion all over my face. I find that I need about a pea and half sized dollop of it and that provides more than enough to cover my entire face as well as touching up particular problem areas.

I cannot praise this product enough but of course it works differently for different people. I went into the store asking for the highest coverage foundation they had to offer and they gave me this! I could apply this foundation with no concealer at all underneath or on top of it (I use orange, green, purple and yellow concealers to neutralize different tones in my skin) and even if I had several large spots it would cover it completely!!!!!!!!
The only negative comments I have on the product are the fact that it does make your face quite shiny and you definitely need to apply powder over the top which some people may find inconvenient which is why I wouldn't recommend it to someone that enjoys doing their makeup in 5 minutes quickly before going to work/ taking the kids to school etc. However for someone that enjoys doing their makeup and having a 'flawless' face I would definitely recommend this!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this to cover a bruised check & black-eye, thanks to an ex, and it broke me out like mad and made my face feel powdery. It doesn't actually cover that much as it claims to be full coverage and be good for my skin type. Well, I certainty tested that aspect of its claim! After a short awhile, the oil separated. Expensive, but luckily I didn't pay for it.

I have used this for years and keep going back to it for full coverage and satiny finish. Pricey, but worth it, as long as you apply it correctly. Also you can mix it with moisturizer to get more bang for your buck!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I feel really strongly against this product.

I have acne prone skin/acne scars and i read that this had buildable coverage I decided to finally try this product since it has a lot of good reviews and people i know praised this foundation.

I bought it in NC42 (since it was my "match" and i applied the foundation with clean fingers then a brush.

When i opened the cap and squeezed some product out ( since it comes in a tube) i quickly smelled this scent of like 3 day old coffee and it was a smell that i really didnt like.

When i was done i saw that my face looked orange! Not only orange, but greasy and with the sheerest coverage imaginable. I WAS NOT looking for maximum coverage, i just wanted something i could wear daily that would make my face look more "natural".
They only thing the product did was exaggerate my blemishes.

When i went to take it off, i saw that it really stayed and i had to tug to get the color out so i guess its "long lasting"

i would never buy again and advise any girl with moderate acne and scarring to reconsider buying this.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really hate to write a semi-bad review of this foundation because I truly wanted to love it and have it become my HG foundation. My skin is pretty dry and j wanted good coverage, so the lady working at MAC recommended this to me. After about two weeks, here's what I can say: The coverage is medium, so that's good. After about two days, my usually clear skin started to get covered in bumps and pimples (my skin is still clearing up and looks quite bad) and I noticed that it made my DRY skin really oily, even with powder and this barely lasts three hours. I kind of regret wasting $40 CAD on this.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Not a bad foundation, definitely better than the studio fix. I seem to have got a colour far too dark for my skin tone. It's not that amazing but I'd consider rebuying it in my own skin tone.

So I ordered and got this foundation and it totally was coming out nothing but oil. Totally separated. I called and they are sending me a new one! Sucks cause it was 30 some odd dollars

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My holygrail! I've got acnescars and this foundations hides it all! I dont even need a concealer. I'm extremely impressed. It lasts all day. I have quite det skin and it doesnt make me look flaky, nor does it transfer - perhaps it would with oily or normal skin.

Got a generous sample of Sculpt which lasted about a week. I've heard girls RAVE about this product so I had to try it (clinique is usually my go to brand but wanted to try something new). So I'm not saying this product is bad and you won't like it or shouldn't try it. It's actually a really good product, but not for me. It really does leave you with that shiny, glowy, dewy almost wet look. it covers well, the color is good....but like another girl said, it just really never dried at all. i touched my face midway through the day and it was way too moist and wet. i thought i would like that wet look (that's honestly why i really wanted to try it) but just didn't like the feel in the end.
also, i've been breaking out REALLY bad with painful pimples on my forehead this week and i NEVER get breakouts! i have also been trying african black soap as my face wash all week, so i can't really tell if it's MAC or the black soap causing the break outs.....

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Request: My Current Foundation Routine and Blue,Brown and Gold Evening look by Anthonia

Top Rated MAC Products