MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7%; Titanium Dioxide 2%, Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polymethylsilesquioxane, Isostearic Acid, C4-24 Alkyl Dimethicone/Divinylmethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Shea Butter, Yeast Extract, Quercus Suber Bark Extract, Phytantriol, Dextrin Palmitate, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Cellulose Gum, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Palmitic Acid, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG -10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecyl PCA, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Stearate, Hexylene Glycol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

on 2/2/2015 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is my first ever MAC product.

Because after accutane I was left with normal/dry skin i wanted something hydrating and this is a very good product.
It covers up the scars on my cheeks decently, evens my tone and doesn't irritate or break me out. I like that this has no fragrance in it because my skin is quite sensitive. Also there is no alcohol denatured in it!!!!

I just apply it with a sponge and the finish is very nice and sets to a very soft powdery finish after a few hours when the oil and moisture has been absorbed.

I prefer this one to the mineralize moisture one because that one felt really oily and dirty on my face when I tried the sample but if you have SEVERLY dry skin that one would maybe be more suitable like when you are on a high dosage of accutane but I don't really know who else would wear that one.

on 2/1/2015 10:57:00 PM

Great foundation for dry skin and looks amazing. The only bad thing I would say about this foundation is that if not set properly with a powder it will crease easily. However this is my number 1 foundation at the moment and by far the best one for dry skin.

on 1/31/2015 11:49:00 PM

I really don't understand the great reviews for this foundation. It goes on great, and looks great the first 3 hours, but after that it gets so oily and basically melts off! And I'm someone with super dry skin! I bought this after seeing youtubers raving about it, and now idk what to do with it!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

MAC Studio Sculpt is by far my favorite foundation now. I have combination skin with occasional dry patches on my cheeks, and it took me years to find a foundation that is moisturizing, provides medium to full coverage, lasts all day, doesn't cling to the dry patches one tiny bit, looks very natural. I didn't get any breakouts from this foundation, in fact my skin looks better and healthier, and I have less clogged pores than ever.
You can get medium to full coverage, and even with full coverage it feels very good on the skin. I'm one of those people who usually finds almost every foundation heavy and uncomfortable to wear, running to the bathroom to wash it off. Studio Sculpt is great this way, I don't even notice it is there.
I was surprised to see people saying it is cakey. Perhaps, they aren't applying it right?
I simply apply this foundation with my fingers, right on top of my Shiseido Ibuki moisturizer, and it blends beautifully, leaving natural, satiny finish. I don't use any powder to set it, I don't feel it is necessary (maybe powder makes some ladies' faces cakey?). If I'm having an oilier skin day, I just blot with a kleenex. I get a full day of perfect finish without any problems.
I'm not sure why some people have the settling in lines/pores issue. Never had that happen. This might not work for under-eye concealing, I don't know, but then it is not really designed for it, just use Prolongwear concealer instead- never creases.
My main tip for those who want to buy Studio Sculpt is to get a few samples and test them out first in good light, because I find that colors run a bit dark or maybe it oxidizes a little on me, and it is impossible to see the color right in the store light right after they apply it. I have light skin, but I'm not the pales girl ever. A consultant matched me to NW20, as I have cool tone skin but I found it too dark and too pink, so I matched myself to NC15 instead, as it is a very nice neutral color, not yellow at all. Perfect match. So try the foundation yourself, and don't be afraid to try both nw and nc.
I highly recommend this foundation, I think it is wonderful. I have repurchased it already, it's so good. Beats Chanel Vitalumier and various Lancomes!

on 1/22/2015 8:26:00 AM

The best yet!!!!Truly impressive foundation.I was happy with becca but went to mac because whenever I compliment someones makeup they are wearing mac.So the MA put the moisturizing ,full coverage studio sculpt on in nw25 and then studio fix in nw25.Simply beautiful combo. So now that I am completely satisfied with my foundation I was wondering if you ladies think mac foundation brushes and powder brushes really make a difference???

on 1/12/2015 8:34:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

My HG foundation!! I have been using this for over 2 years now and I'm only halfway through my second tube, a little definitely goes a long way.
First layer is probably medium coverage but I usually just take whatever is left on the back of my hand and apply it to any problem areas and then it gives a really nice full coverage foundation.
It is a gel like formula so it is a little more difficult to blend than really runny liquid foundations, but it is not difficult at all. It lasts soo long, I put it on about 7:30am and then when I come home about 5:00pm it is still looking good, a little shiny but I can get away without having to powder all day.
I suffer from eczema and dry patches and this is perfect for that - nothing covers eczema better, it covers the redness and doesn't cling or highlight the dry and flaky areas.
I wouldn't recommend this for people with oily skin as it is a very moisturizing, dewy foundation and it may make your skin look extra shiny if you suffer from oily skin.
One bad thing about it - it does go super cakey if you powder it heavily. I made the mistake of completely mattifying my face with powder while wearing this and after 2 hours it looked cakey and just absolutely horrible - do don't do that!!

Overall, I would recommend this foundation if you like medium/full coverage foundation that gives a dewy finish and you don't mind giving the powder a miss (obviously, lightly set it but don't add too much).

Love this foundation!! Holy grail!

on 1/10/2015 4:36:00 AM

Great foundation for heavy coverage. When I suffered badly from Acne this was the only foundation to give proper coverage and not cause more spots. I used it throughout my acne treatment on Roaccutane and it caused no problems. It is quite heavy and now my skin is clear I only need to use a tiny amount however as it is quite a heavy foundation I wouldn't recommend it for daily wear if you want a light finish- I only use it for evenings, and have something lighter for daytime. (YSL fusion ink)

on 1/6/2015 12:36:00 PM

I'm super excited, because I FINALLY found the right foundation for my skin. It's hard to leave a review for foundation (unless it's non-functional) because it's one of those cosmetic items that really depends on your skin type, chemistry, etc. A few years ago my skin went from normal/combination to dry/sensitive. I tried a bunch of different foundations, but this one is finally what did it. It doesn't settle in my lines, it's moisturizing enough, but not too much, and it also is the PERFECT color. I definitely don't think this would be ideal for someone with oily skin, but if you have normal/dry-ish skin, then this could possibly work well. I find it long-lasting as well.

on 1/3/2015 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

The distinctive thing about MAC is that the shades best reflect the full spectrum of skin tones. The other distinctive thing about MAC, is that it is known to be harsh on the skin. In all fairness I've never had any make up improve my skin, but MAC foundation certainly takes it's toll.

I didn't give this a higher ranking because it looks oily after a few hours. In person it looks very airbrushed and complete, but in pictures the oiliness is even more apparent. The SPF concentration is only 15. I absolutely must use this with powder, otherwise the oil will surface even sooner. I'll keep it around until I find a better liquid, but this is not "the one".

on 12/12/2014 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

SELECTED SHADE: NC37
APPLICATION METHOD: flat-top kabuki

PROS

- satin finish
- easy to blend
- medium to full coverage
- lightweight
- does not accentuate dry spots
- little goes a long way
- packaging
- long wearing

CONS

- price

COMMENTS: This was love at first application. The consistency is on the thick side, but it's easy to blend and feels light on the skin. I love the finish - looks very natural. It's definitely a satin finish and offers medium to full coverage. This is definitely suited for normal to dry skin types as it doesn't control oil much, but it didn't look bad on my combination skin either. A little goes a long way with this stuff, which helps to justify the price tag. I didn't find this accentuated my dry spots. My pores look blurred, as well. I also like the packaging because you'll be able to use up every last bit of it; plus you get a little more than your standard 30ml amount. This is worth checking out if you're not among the many who breakout from MAC foundations.

Will repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Request: My Current Foundation Routine and Blue,Brown and Gold Evening look by Toni3luv

Top Rated MAC Products