October 21, 2014 | 1814 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Quadra - 14 Mystic Eyes

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by jekm2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this but I hate it. I keep trying it out hoping to justify the cost of it so I have expermented with it time and again hoping that this time I would love it but I think I finally have to throw in the towel as my husband asked me if I had been crying when I had it on yesterday. Very disappointed but after reading all the fabulous reviews I have decided I will try it one last time using it wet. Will post with an update if using it wet makes it a HG product that the ratings tend to reflect.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by carolync6

I love this eye shadow. I wear it several times a week. It's great for day or night since you can make the colors really intense or really soft. I don't use the silver color for much because it doesn't really show up on my eyes for some reason, but all the other colors are wonderful. I'm going to run out of the pink before all of the others, and I'll probably buy the whole quad again just for the pink. I've already looked and they don't have a comparable color in a duo or alone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 6:21:00 AM More reviews by sgr2008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was not into Chanel Quads before. I had bought one 10 years ago but I remember giving it to my mum as I hated it and she wanted it. It was chalky and not pigmented, could not work with it at all.
It had the round pans (European) not the square ones that you have in the US for example.

One day I ordered this one with squares pans from the US without even swatching it or testing it as I loved the colors. When I received it, I loved every single pan, I really enjoy using it and the looks I do with this are always beautiful, you can be dramatic or more natural. I thought it would be too sparkly but I am surprised how nice it works.
Maybe it is because my expectations were not very high, but actually I am glad I got it because today it is now one of my favorite palettes.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by devrim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I will not rate this quad high just because it's Chanel. I think it was a below average quad. I bought it after reading the reviews here. I trust MUAers so much that I didn't even try them on first. The SA gave me the instructions and I followed whatever she said. I applied my UDPP first as I do with all other eyeshadows. I used the silvery grey on my eye lids. I applied the bronze brown to my crease and pink for my brow bone. I didn't try the darkest color since this was supposed to be a day time look. The silvery grey was almost no color but glitters. The bronze brown and the pink were ok but nothing special. 20 minutes after, when I looked at the mirror, I saw glitter all over my face. I felt uncomfortable going to a formal meeting with that look, but it was too late to go back. And it creased in a couple of hours too. I felt cheated because of the amount of money I payed for this and the very next day the quad was returned. I like Chanel make up line in general, especially the lipsticks are wonderful. But this quad was a big dissapointment for me.
Pros: you will feel great becasue Chanel always makes a woman feel like a million bucks. I think this is the reason for great reviews.
Cons: color pay off is horrible, you can find dupes for much cheaper, and the grey is nothing but glitter. They crease too.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by tenderheart003

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Every shade is gorgeous and wearable. This quad looks especially beautiful used wet. I can create a myriad of looks with these shades and so for me the cost is worth it. Great chanel pigmentation and texture; the shades are soft but not so soft that they all blend together on the eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by maggieb0523

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

love, love, LOVE this quad. These seemingly neutral colors can be applied very subtly for a natural look . . . or layered for a beautiful smoky eye. Gorgeous with the darkest plummy shade applied damp right at the base of the lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2010 1:00:00 AM More reviews by darkEyespinkLips

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is really the only item in my stash I would describe as perfect, heavenly in fact. I can't find a single flaw. Everything down to the sponge tip applicators is lovely. Ok so I am NC30 for reference and I wear this every day. The online pics are kind of misleading. The colours include a light baby pink, gray leaning towards taupe, a golden brown and a raisin (dark plummy brown). The finish is so satiny smooth, these are really a dream to apply. Super duper pigmented and the finish is not shimmery but satiny. Very subtle. I love that you can use this daily as I do, for work or whatever, but also smoke it out at night. I wear the pink OR gray on the lid, brown in the crease and raisin in the outer V. I slap these on in a rush every day and it's impossible to mess it up. As always Chanel packaging is divine and I actually use the applicators since the eye shadow basically blends itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by emmariaice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of my staples. I love how you can play with these seemingly neutral colors for either a dramatic OR natural look. As with all Chanel eyeshadows, they staying power is superb,and the color payoff is excellent. I've tried oh so many different eyeshadows from so many different brands, and Chanel seems to be the only brand with eyeshadows that don't crease mid day on my lids.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by samp21789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the color pay off and satin finish of these eye shadows. It is a little pricey but the quality is excellent and for its a bit of a value considering what a single eye shadow costs. Be careful not to press to hard into these eye shadows. Although pressed they tend to crumble slightly and at this price no waste is preferable

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 3:21:00 PM More reviews by MissChatelaine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I don't think I've seen a more beautiful quad than this one! Each shade is gorgeous. Just gorgeous! The silver shade is nice on its own or layered lightly over some of the other shades. Very glad I got Mystic Eyes.