MAC Cremesheen - Speak Louder

4.4

on 12/29/2012 1:39:00 AM

This lipstick is a shocking pink colour on my NC-25 complexion and its nothing like poppy or coral or either blue toned.Its a cremesheen version of mac lustering in lustre finish but whereas lustering has more red in it it has less red but its a bit warmer but a bright OMG kind of colour.Not my type so i replaced it for Snob which i like.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Speak Louder is a medium to dark, fleshy hot pink. it's buildable, but in my opinion does go on quite bright on first swipe thanks to it being a Cremesheen, so it's very soft. if you own 'Lustering' then it's basically a less buildable, warmer version of that with obviously more moisture. i like to wear this colour when i've done a bronzey eye, as i feel they compliment each other a lot.
i'm fair mediterranean with medium-pigmented lips, and this i feel, brightens up my whole face but still doesn't steal the show from the rest of my features or anything i've put on my eyes.
this is one of my favourite pinks now! and Cremesheen is a lovely finish to have in any colour because it's so long-lasting and feels great on the lips.
i would buy again!

on 8/31/2012 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Speak Louder is a reddened fuchsia berry shade. It's an interesting color due to the red in it, but not too great on me for some reason. It just clashes with my skin tone (NC42ish, NARS Syracuse). Since purchasing I've only worn about 2 times. It just doesn't appeal to me on my lips as it did on my hand in the store. I see this working best on cooler skin tones and for those who like a bright pop of color. On the positive side, it's moisturizing and has a nice amount of sheen without shimmer. Again, just not my favorite.

on 8/12/2012 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is the perfect lipstick for me. It's in between pink and coral. Coral looks too bright on me but this is gorgeous. I wear this with a gloss on top and it really flatters my skin. I will repurchase again and again.

Personally, I prefer the cremesheen package and the classic lipstick shape over every other alternative. The colour for this was gorgeously pigmented but still subtle and natural enough for me to wear to business meetings (I work as a photographer) without feeling like my appearance made me appear too 'niched', if that makes sense.

on 3/30/2012 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I'm an nc 40 and I have this weird thing about my tone that no red colors look good to me.
So this was the closest thing I could get to 'red lips'. It's a pink red with blue undertones which is why I think it looks good on me, any pinks other than blue tones ones make me look like a circus freak.
Great consistency and much more moisturizing than the satin or matte ones in Mac range, bright color that is great for me to wear at night with a nude eye.
I'll repurchase this if I don't find anything better (which I probably won't)

on 3/3/2012 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Disappointing. I got this with back2mac, so I didn't buy it, but I wanted to get something I liked. I wanted a bright coral-pink lippie, and this looked exactly like what I wanted. The color is great when I have a bare face, but it's hideously hot pink when I wear my slightly warm-toned foundation. I should've gone with Impassioned. There's always a next time...

on 1/16/2012 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This colour actually looks very warm on me - like a warmer, more yellow-toned version of Girl About Town... I wear it with Magenta lip pencil for 'look at me' lips!

on 12/6/2011 4:01:00 PM

Cremesheen's are definitely the way to go with MAC if like me, you want hydration, comfort and longevity in your lipsticks. This color, however, did not work for me. Unlike many reviewers here, the "blue undertones" aren't blue enough for me. This color leans much more coral on me than blue-pink and just looks odd and old fashioned with my coloring. I am a cool, fair girl with lots of pink in my skin and this is warmer than I wanted. I'd say I'm an NW 10-15 but honestly none of MAC's foundations are a color match for me and I have yet to find a MAC lip color that is truly flattering on me - not just passable, but flattering. I think perhaps the entire line is designed more for warmer, darker complexions which I've always longed to be! I am finally giving up on MAC once and for all.

on 10/10/2011 11:46:00 PM

This is such a fun, bright and cheerful rosy pink lipstick. Love the formula as it's smooth and creamy. Plus the blue undertone gives the illusion of whiter teeth.

Popular Lipsticks