August 21, 2014 | 2094 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Dream Liquid Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by LollyD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm really pale with a pink undertone, light eyes and red hair, and my skin is typically on the dryer side. The Porcelain shade is perfect for me, which means it is probably all wrong for anyone with any yellow tones. (If I get any color over summer I "tan" up to a slightly golden ivory and can use the Classic Ivory shade) If you have trouble finding very light, truly pale skin foundations at the drugstore, this is a great bargain. This foundation is really light and creamy and spreads very easily. I find a very little goes a long way - a small drop about the size of peppercorn can cover half my face - the trick is to dot it and smooth it across your skin very quickly, before it sets in. Even that small amount gives good coverage and I think that avoids any caking issues on dry skin. It's blends well and is easy to adjust for lighter or heavier coverage.
The pump is convenient and sanitary (but you won't get the last drop out at the end of the bottle unless you remove it).
I occasionally have random oily skin days in the summer, depending on the weather, and warn you, if you have any oily tendencies, this is not the foundation for you - it's weirdly slippery already and if my skin goes into a random oily phase it just compounds the situation. Despite all that, I've never had any issues with this foundation breaking me out.
I'm surprised I like it so much because it is so affordable, but it really is a terrific foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 8:29:00 AM More reviews by RainaVixen

I buy this foundation ALL THE TIME !!! It's amazing, i love how much coverage it brings, it's very light and subtle yet suits the skin so perfectly and covers so well !! It's very airy but feels so silky and it's just amazing <3 Thumbs up for this product !

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by sciencedork

I bought this a while back so I'm not sure if the formula has changed, but I found myself never reaching for it. My skin is pretty dry and this just CLINGS to those dry spots and it ends up caking and just awful!
The other day I decided to try mixing it with my moisturizer on the back of my hand and applying it with my brush - My skin looked smooth and almost flawless, it had a dewy finish but through the day it get oily or gross. And once I added a small bit of powder, it was totally matte!
Granted it didn't have full coverage when mixed, I would say more so of a medium coverage but I'm super happy with it especially seeing as it only took one pump to work.
Overall, alone I wouldn't dream of using this but with my moisturizer I'll definitely be reaching for this on the few days I want to wear foundation! ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by sophiaaa96

okay so the shade i got is COMPLETELY different to my skin tone, i don't know why i even got it, well maybe cuz the sales girl didnt know her shit and convinced me it matched my skintone. its called ivory and its SO pink whereas im freakishly yellow. so of course it looks unnatural on me esp when worn in the morning, at night times i can make it work. well i LOVE the feel of it on my skin, but its NOT for oily skin....and i've got oily skin. well i'm going to blame the sales girl again. i have to set it with tons of powder and my t-zone still gets shiny in about half an hour, or an hour at the most if its cold. its got very less coverage and because of all that shine it makes my freckles more prominent which i dont like. oh and the coverage isnt really buildable. if you put on another layer it will never dry and transfer to other surfaces . so basically its a daily wear foundation for ULTRA DRY SKIN. i dont believe it will even work for normal skin types. if you like your face dewy though, this one's for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by SheillaShine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This foundation was really bad for my skin. I have really dry skin and this product turned super oily and gave me zits. plus, the color was horrible. I'm a red head, the lightest color turned super orange. I would never buy this again, The bottle is full and juste lays in my make up closet.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Bellarose3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Broke me out. Trying to switch from mineral powder to liquid. So far everything clogs pores or breaks me out. This wasn't AS bad as l'oreal Lumi (which took 2 wks for skin to clear from wearing 5 hrs!) It goes on smooth & glides over dry skin. Sometimes makeup makes my skin more dry. However, I feel oily- like the way I feel after wearing makeup for an entire day, just after application. Like a mask. Does look little orange, but doesn't stay long enough to matter. W very dry skin it was gone after 2 hrs. Must have absorbed into pores way face broke out tho!! So far l'oreal beautifying BB cream is least harsh on pores. About to give up on foundation!!! Is there anything that's truly non-comedogenic & doesn't irritate dry skin?!? I would pay any price!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by antoanto23

Well,good for dry skin,nightmare on combi skin!melt everwhere!the coverage is good,almost full,no smell easy to apply.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2014 4:07:00 AM More reviews by FayeLawliet21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff had amazing coverage but broke out my skin like CRAZY! Volcanic cyst-like zits EVERYWHERE!!! Hell no NEVER buying again! x(

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by madformascara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I used the actual Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse beforehand, I had no prior experience with liquid foundation. I decided to try this because I liked Maybelline's previous products, and I love it :)

Initially, I find the shades to be a bit too pinky for my liking, but that might just be that Medium Beige is the wrong color for me. That's the reason I had to dock a lippie. Otherwise, I love the natural finish of the foundation. It provides a light to medium coverage that is buildable. Since I have oily skin, my shine does break through after a couple of hours, but I find that inevitable with really any foundation. I don't mind as much as I prefer an "overly dewy" look rather than an unnatural matte finish. I think it'd be perfect for people with dry skin because of this dewiness.

Overall, the foundation glides on smooth, and gives me a flattering natural look, nothing near cake-faced. Even with my acne-prone skin, it doesn't break me out. In fact, when I am breaking out (due to other foundations or a number of reasons), I turn to this foundation to allow my skin a breather. It doesn't bother my skin or further make it break out. I'm actually planning a repurchase my next visit to the drugstore!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I'm generally not a big fan of Maybelline foundations. I've tried both the Fit Me Foundation and the Dream Nude Airfoam Foundation. I hated them both. Finding the right shade in a drugstore foundation can be a challenge, as their are no testers. But I've gotten to the point now where I don't have that much trouble finding my correct shade. I know that I'm usually the lightest medium shade. I had pretty low expectations for this foundation. I really expected to try it once and return it. But I was pleasantly surprised by this foundation. I used with with my L'oreal Lumi Primer. I was debating between Nude Beige and Creamy Natural. I ended up going with the Creamy Natural, which turned out to be a good choice.

Ease of Use: The one minor complaint I have in this area is that it's not easy to dispense the product for the first time. I had to push the nozzle quite a few times to get the makeup to come out. But once that happens, it's easy to dispense. I think this foundation is the perfect consistency. It's not too thick or too thin. It is easy to blend. I also really like that this foundation doesn't oxidize.

Coverage-I would describe this foundation as medium to full coverage. It dries to a flawless, natural finish. It is very easy to build up. It doesn't look or feel heavy or cakey.

Staying power-This stuff is awesome. I have pretty oily skin, and expected this foundation to disappear halfway through the day. Especially on my nose and areas around my nose. But that didn't happen. This foundation lasted a full 8 hours. It would have lasted even longer, but I felt just felt like removing my makeup early today. My reasons for wanting to remove my makeup early, had nothing to do with this foundation. It still looked great when I removed it.

Price-I would say this is middle of the road as far as price. It's definitely not the cheapest drugstore foundation out there, but it's not the most expensive either. I purchased this for 10.50 at a grocery story. I'm sure I could probably find it for a few dollars less at Target or Wal-Mart.

I was initially very hesitant to try this foundation, but I'm glad I did. This is a great drugstore foundation, and I will most likely repurchase.