September 21, 2014 | 1785 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Dream Liquid Mousse

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by emur

I hate this foundation! I don't like to be a hater but it just feels like I'm putting oil onto my face and it looks cakey! YAK!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite foundation ever. I am in between Light 1 and 2 (as usual, my skin is never a normal shade) and I add one pump of each and mix them together and they match my skin wonderfully. I have been as dark as Light 4 and I bought medium 1 to use as a contouring shade. There are quite a few shades in the light/medium/dark ranges, I think there are 12 in total. The formula is really creamy and not too runny. It tends to dry quickly once you pump it so it is best to work fast with your foundation brush/hands/sponge so that you can get enough for an application. I really like the pump because the nozzle locks so it won't leak out if you toss it in your makeup bag for traveling. The old bottle had a lid that went over the locking pump but now it is just the locking nozzle/pump which is nice because there are fewer lids to lose. I would say the formula is medium to full coverage, you could easily apply this to be full coverage with an extra layer. It blends well and doesn't settle into pores. I set it with powder because it can get a little shiny by the end of the day without powder. I have normal skin but get just a touch of oil on my forehead if I don't put any powder on. It lasts all day too, I use primer underneath but if you aren't constantly touching your face it lasts on its own. I definitely recommend this foundation as a nice, creamy, medium-to-full-coverage for normal to dry skin types. It is also affordable at about $9 a bottle and I have only used one whole bottle in the 5+ years I have used this foundation. Good stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by kateg432

This product was actually quite good. It was easy to apply and covered well. I used it for a whole year. Although, it was very shiny so I always had to set it with powder and it didn't last very long on my face. It didn't stay on well. The worst thing about this product was its packaging. The lid came off and it leaked everywhere, which I've heard has happened to quite a few other people. Aside from that it has been a good foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Fondness4Pie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried this because in the ads it says it helped blurring the look of pores, which intrigued me right away since mine are enlarged! I purchased the lightest color for $8, but sadly it didn't match my tone and gave me more of an orangy color.

It's quite easy to work on, not to mention the pump makes it easy and less of a hassle to put on. Although as the days goes on, you will see it begin to dramatically fade, dry your skin and reveal flaws. It lasted for me about five to six hours and throughout the whole time wearing it, my skin felt very greasy and dirty, even though I washed it before putting this foundation on. Also, sorry I'm being very negative, but it caused me to break out more.

I hear good things about Maybelline Dream Air Mousse however!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Jaedencex

I made a fantastic review on this not too long ago. But unfortunately I was too quick to judge on this foundation. I don't really like it. It broke me out, at first I was unsure if it was the foundation itself. But as soon as I stopped wearing the foundation and just started wearing powder foundation, the breakouts stopped. It was then I knew it was foundation that was breaking me out. Ever since I stopped using this foundation I've been having really good skin. I have the shade classic ivory which is a little to dark for my skin tone and it's kind of pinkish. It got a good coverage and literally lasts all day. It sort of made my skin feel gross after a while. It's alright but I wouldn't reccomend it t

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Livalittle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I liked that it had a pump but it looked almost cake on me and its not like I didn't blend it out or anything. I blended it out fully and it still looked a bit cakey. It didn't help my combo skin as I broke out because of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 8:55:00 AM More reviews by melissau

I have fair-medium and combination skin and I think this product is great for my skin because it has a really nice coverage and you don't need to use too much. It's also pretty light and doesn't feel like you're wearing too much makeup. This was the first foundation I ever got and I'm very impressed and would definitely buy it again. I'm not sure about the price, because I wasn't the one who bought it, but whatever the price it's worth it, 5/5.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by LollyD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm really pale with a pink undertone, light eyes and red hair, and my skin is typically on the dryer side. The Porcelain shade is perfect for me, which means it is probably all wrong for anyone with any yellow tones. (If I get any color over summer I "tan" up to a slightly golden ivory and can use the Classic Ivory shade) If you have trouble finding very light, truly pale skin foundations at the drugstore, this is a great bargain. This foundation is really light and creamy and spreads very easily. I find a very little goes a long way - a small drop about the size of peppercorn can cover half my face - the trick is to dot it and smooth it across your skin very quickly, before it sets in. Even that small amount gives good coverage and I think that avoids any caking issues on dry skin. It's blends well and is easy to adjust for lighter or heavier coverage.
The pump is convenient and sanitary (but you won't get the last drop out at the end of the bottle unless you remove it).
I occasionally have random oily skin days in the summer, depending on the weather, and warn you, if you have any oily tendencies, this is not the foundation for you - it's weirdly slippery already and if my skin goes into a random oily phase it just compounds the situation. Despite all that, I've never had any issues with this foundation breaking me out.
I'm surprised I like it so much because it is so affordable, but it really is a terrific foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 8:29:00 AM More reviews by RainaVixen

I buy this foundation ALL THE TIME !!! It's amazing, i love how much coverage it brings, it's very light and subtle yet suits the skin so perfectly and covers so well !! It's very airy but feels so silky and it's just amazing <3 Thumbs up for this product !

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by sciencedork

I bought this a while back so I'm not sure if the formula has changed, but I found myself never reaching for it. My skin is pretty dry and this just CLINGS to those dry spots and it ends up caking and just awful!
The other day I decided to try mixing it with my moisturizer on the back of my hand and applying it with my brush - My skin looked smooth and almost flawless, it had a dewy finish but through the day it get oily or gross. And once I added a small bit of powder, it was totally matte!
Granted it didn't have full coverage when mixed, I would say more so of a medium coverage but I'm super happy with it especially seeing as it only took one pump to work.
Overall, alone I wouldn't dream of using this but with my moisturizer I'll definitely be reaching for this on the few days I want to wear foundation! ;)