November 26, 2014 | 1686 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Dream Liquid Mousse

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by AmbyBambi88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Awful, so bad it's actually one of the worst I've ever used.
For one, I used their lightest color and it's so dark it makes me look dirty. It clings to any dryness and makes pores look huge. No matter how little you try to use it looks cakey.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by JessieRou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to try this because the bottle says 'MOUSSE Airbrush finish'. I thought it might be a lightweight finish, but it's the opposite. It's so cakey, it settles into the textures of my skin. Even with Benefit Porefessional primer, I saw some lines I've never even noticed before!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation after reading the review on Beautypedia and saw it got a Best rating. It's not a bad foundation, it provides light to medium coverage and probably best for normal to slightly oily skin. I used a light dusting of powder over top and it did look really good for a while. I was disappointed my pores began to stand out after a while but maybe a different primer will help. The color selection is terrible. I got the lightest shade, porcelain ivory and it definitely had a pink tinge to it, the next shade up classic ivory had a yellow tinge. I found it applied better with a brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by lauren97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is very smooth and light. It feels really nice on my skin. My only problems would be that none of the colors match my skin, it's kind of difficult to blend, it didn't last very long, and it made my patches of dry skin stand out. I was disappointed because I thought it would be great for my dry skin with the creamy, seemingly hydrating texture, but it was not. Honestly, I think the product would have worked better for me if I didn't have such dry skin. For those with dry skin like me, I'd keep looking for a different product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Simplymel

I used this foundation years ago and loved it and I thought I would try it again as I ran out and was looking for a different product to try. The shade I used then has been discontinued. So I picked up the caramel. For summer it was a bit light for me almost ashy looking on my skin, but did look smooth and flawless once it was applied. This foundation did not sit well on my face it was melting away after a few hours of wear with primer. I think I'll just use it if I need a quick fix face, not for everyday or going out, as the lasting power just isn't there. The pump is great though!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by TheMickster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I figured I'd give this a try when I finally gave up on bb creams . I've been using it for about a week and in my opinion its not the worst or best product out there.
PROS
It has a great bottle with a pump which keeps things sanitary.
it seems to be unscented/fragrance free as far as I can tell
It has a good medium coverage that blends decently.
I get compliments from my boyfriend when i wear it about how cute I look or how good my makeup looks today or my skin looks clearer which is nice :)
It has an easy application with fingers or brush.
Doesn't seem to break me out but I have not been using it that long so we will see about that...
Didn't settle into any fine lines
Didn't accentuate dry patches
Felt somewhat hydrating during wear

CONS
Does not have the matte finish I was looking for. Very shiny but not as greasy looking as the bb creams I've tried.
Oxidizes after about 5 hours (I use a blot paper on my face and then apply my bronzer or face powder again to refresh )
Feels somewhat sticky on my face for a few hours until it settles
Upon oxidation it darkens in color. Can turn orange in certain shades. I have nude and it seems to be okay.
I'm not sure I like the texture of it . its hard to describe, but the cream goes to a somewhat powder feel as it glides over the skin and I just don't like it.
Have to apply it speedily because of the cream to powder thing.
Can be cakey if applied to thickly or not quick enough.

All in all its a decent foundation for the price. I paid $9 for it and I'll use it til its gone and I don't know if I will repurchase or not. I will probably continue my search for the perfect foundation.
Its a good value if u can find your matching shade and if you have the right skin for it. I don't think oily skinned people should choose this. Normal/dry/very dry skin only.
I'd love to go back to my Vichy foundation but I'm too tanned this summer and I can't get a match. Either too dark or too light. Grrrrrr.....

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by fortworthfamous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Broke me out as well. Apparently me and maybelline don't get along... It covered really well. I turned to it when my skin was bad to cover my spots. The coverage was ok, a bit cakey, didn't last too long in the Texas heat and humidity. But every time I go back and give it a try it breaks me out! I think when companies try to do these kitschy consistencies (mousse, liquid powder, etc.) they add ingredients that are harsh on skin. Also, I'm just realizing the older I get I can't use cheap drugstore makeup anymore. My skin needs higher quality products, especially with a foundation that's sitting on your pores all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 7:33:00 AM More reviews by flashdanzer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first purchased this foundation I didn't think much of it. But recently I started applying my foundation with a flat kabuki foundation brush and have in turn found a new appreciation for Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse. It provided a good medium coverage and wears quite well if set with powder. This isn't my favourite liquid foundation but I think for the price it's still a good purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Tooooorrrrrrriiiiiiii

I hated this foundation. I wore it to school and it would last a few hours before coming off completely. It also makes my pores stand out and really shows off my pimples. My face looks really cakey and I would definitely not use this foundation again 😂

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by emman95

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I personally liked it and im surprised i did considering my awful luck with other maybelline foundations i have tried.

it looks light weight and natural on my dry skin and it stays that way through out the day. it is not drying and dose not accentuate any flaky areas i have; i do not powder it though and i make sure to will exfoliate and moisturize before applying it.
it is medium coverage; i do stipple the foundation on the areas i need extra coverage on. it is not sticky and will feel like skin after a while of application; it reminds me of the finish nars sheer glow gives me.