July 31, 2014 | 977 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Dream Liquid Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by madformascara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I used the actual Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse beforehand, I had no prior experience with liquid foundation. I decided to try this because I liked Maybelline's previous products, and I love it :)

Initially, I find the shades to be a bit too pinky for my liking, but that might just be that Medium Beige is the wrong color for me. That's the reason I had to dock a lippie. Otherwise, I love the natural finish of the foundation. It provides a light to medium coverage that is buildable. Since I have oily skin, my shine does break through after a couple of hours, but I find that inevitable with really any foundation. I don't mind as much as I prefer an "overly dewy" look rather than an unnatural matte finish. I think it'd be perfect for people with dry skin because of this dewiness.

Overall, the foundation glides on smooth, and gives me a flattering natural look, nothing near cake-faced. Even with my acne-prone skin, it doesn't break me out. In fact, when I am breaking out (due to other foundations or a number of reasons), I turn to this foundation to allow my skin a breather. It doesn't bother my skin or further make it break out. I'm actually planning a repurchase my next visit to the drugstore!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I'm generally not a big fan of Maybelline foundations. I've tried both the Fit Me Foundation and the Dream Nude Airfoam Foundation. I hated them both. Finding the right shade in a drugstore foundation can be a challenge, as their are no testers. But I've gotten to the point now where I don't have that much trouble finding my correct shade. I know that I'm usually the lightest medium shade. I had pretty low expectations for this foundation. I really expected to try it once and return it. But I was pleasantly surprised by this foundation. I used with with my L'oreal Lumi Primer. I was debating between Nude Beige and Creamy Natural. I ended up going with the Creamy Natural, which turned out to be a good choice.

Ease of Use: The one minor complaint I have in this area is that it's not easy to dispense the product for the first time. I had to push the nozzle quite a few times to get the makeup to come out. But once that happens, it's easy to dispense. I think this foundation is the perfect consistency. It's not too thick or too thin. It is easy to blend. I also really like that this foundation doesn't oxidize.

Coverage-I would describe this foundation as medium to full coverage. It dries to a flawless, natural finish. It is very easy to build up. It doesn't look or feel heavy or cakey.

Staying power-This stuff is awesome. I have pretty oily skin, and expected this foundation to disappear halfway through the day. Especially on my nose and areas around my nose. But that didn't happen. This foundation lasted a full 8 hours. It would have lasted even longer, but I felt just felt like removing my makeup early today. My reasons for wanting to remove my makeup early, had nothing to do with this foundation. It still looked great when I removed it.

Price-I would say this is middle of the road as far as price. It's definitely not the cheapest drugstore foundation out there, but it's not the most expensive either. I purchased this for 10.50 at a grocery story. I'm sure I could probably find it for a few dollars less at Target or Wal-Mart.

I was initially very hesitant to try this foundation, but I'm glad I did. This is a great drugstore foundation, and I will most likely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by GinaDarlene

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was given this makeup to try it, by my sister. So I thought, why not I'll give it a try.
I tried it and she was right. It is a really good d/s foundation. I have usually used Revlon
compact makeup because I needed at least a medium coverage. I had my doubts but
the coverage of the DLM is great! I use the nude shade which is great for a med/light
skin with a warm/ slightly yellow tone to it. The price isn't bad either. The only reason I
took off one lippie is because it does have to be touched up after 6 hours. But, I do love
this makeup! It feels and looks great on my skin. Good job Maybelline!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by newyork777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't use foundation much but when I do I don't want to look like I have painted my face with cake, especially in the daylight. This foundation is very light and blends so well, you can barely tell your wearing anything. The skin looks all one colour and blends nicely, just be sure to go all the way to the jawline and neck otherwise it looks like your face is a different color to your body. sometimes I use it instead of concealer under my eyes and it works perfectly, doesn't look crusty or thick like some concealers.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by makeupluver23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't always use foundation, only when I have a few breakouts that wont cover. I have dry skin so my previous foundation would make my skin feel very flakeyish and uncomfortable. I feel that this one moisturizes your skin alittle bit.

Coverage:
I have good skin so when I break out I don't use much. I normally wont put the foundation on my entire face but as a concealer to the area where I have blemishes. I blend it in to the rest of my face, which I don't use anythingesle. If I don't use this foundation I use the Maybelline BB cream. This foundation does a pretty good job covering and leaves a nice type of glow to my face. I would recommend this if you have dry skin.

I am very very pale so the lightest shade I am able to really blend so it looks natural. I have only tried one foundation that I have actually used before this and another foundation that was so dark I looked like a pumpkin, and it was in the lightest shade as well.

Overall I like this product and will use this as my favorite foundation as of now, but I don't intend on looking for another foundation since this one is just fine for my use.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Passeri

Coverage: Good coverage. One layer evened out the red area around my nose as well as some blemishes near my chin.

Finish: I loved the finish! The foundation went on so smoothly and didn't cake onto my skin or highlight any dry spots. The finish was dewy enough to look natural without appearing too oily.

Long-lasting? Not really. By the end of my 8 hour shift, the foundation shade had turned orange and there were some very intense oily patches on my forehead and down the bridge of my nose. I wasn't expecting to get so oily since I work a fairly slow-paced lab job. The foundation also rubs off easily. I hugged my boyfriend and noticed a swipe of foundation on his shirt-sleeve.

Over-all a good foundation that would need re-touching throughout the day, but I'm looking for something that lasts throughout the workday without slipping around my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by thourigan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

So this stuff is actually a miracle worker for me. Maybe not HG status yet, but nearing. I have to first say that I am very picky about foundations. If I run out of one or even finish it all, chances are I will move on to try a new one. I have never been able to settle on one foundation for too long. The three that have come the closest to that are Revlon Colorstay (too high coverage for me), MUFE's Mat Velvet + (too thick for my liking), and Neutrogena's Healthy Skin (Which I still use, but only in the summer).

So my skin in the winter is super strange. Everywhere on my face is usually pretty normal/nearing the dry side, except for my NOSE. Oh, my gosh. My nose ALWAYS ends up a slick, oily mess during the winter, and no amount of cleansing/not cleansing moisturizing/not moisturizing does anything. Not even MUFE's Mat Velvet + with Smashbox's Photo Finish primer and a powder did anything. I was absolutely at a loss. The rest of my face is pretty good, though, not oily or dry, and barely red except for a little on my cheeks, so I decided to stop caring so much about my nose and just use a little BB cream/concealer.

Bad idea, I was even more of an oily nosed mess. I went to Target for new mascara, and decided to grab this on a whim. I got the second shade, which actually is my one gripe about this product and the reason for only 4 lippies- "classic ivory" is actually quite orange and probably won't work for anyone without a tan--luckily my week-long trip to 80 degree San Diego colored me up. I probably won't be able to match when I lose my tan, though.

On to the good stuff: NO OIL. I am in shock. I've been using this for two weeks now and I get home from school only looking a little dewy, not completely matte but certainly not full-on oil slick like I was before. It blends really well with my ELF flat-topped powder brush, and a pump and a half on the brush is enough for my face/neck, and covers redness/blemishes pretty well on its own without concealer. It also feels very smooth/satiny on my skin. It doesn't look cakey or too thick to me. I put it on with Smashbox's photo finish primer and Rimmel's stay matte powder and it does fade a little throughout the day (about nine hours for me) but not overly and not to the point where I feel the need to reapply or fix with concealer.

The packaging is great, too. I love the pump on it because it doesn't give too much product, and you can also see how much you have left. It does have a slight smell, but not anything that would bother anyone, and it goes away after application.

TL;DR, the colors are too orange. It controls my oil well and stays on well throughout my day. It's smooth and satiny on the skin and blends well, and the packaging is great.

I am so mad I didn't pick this up before. It has drastically improved how my skin looks throughout the day and I will definitely be repurchasing after I run out. I am so happy I grabbed this on a whim. Very, very, nice and on its way to HG status.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 5:55:00 AM More reviews by kazmags

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation and have been using it for a while now. It glides on beautifully and stays put. My skin looks soft and glowing, covers all my blemishes and I've had several compliments on my beautiful skin...which I certainly don't get with no make up! I do try other foundations now and then, but always come back to this

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by harrisonfjord

I purchased this because I was tired of smothering my face in medium/full coverage foundations to hide slight acne scarring and hyper-pigmentation. I though the "lighter, airbrush" finish of this foundation would be better for my skin, but I really should have done more research. The ingredients are comedogenic and broke out my cheeks horribly.

I am an NC 25 in MAC and I purchased this in shade 3.5. It was slightly too dark for my face, but the next lightest shade was too light and would have made me look like a mime. I agree with the other posters who say this foundation disappears after a few hours. I set it with the Maybelline dream matte powder, but I noticed this foundation would separate and "disappear" rather quickly. I really did like this foundation when it is freshly applied but the breakouts are just too severe for me to continue wearing this on a regular basis.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2014 8:20:00 AM More reviews by DinaD5

I wish I had have listened to the reviews, but the sales pitch for this product was just so alluring ... dream mousse, airbrush finish ... blah blah. All for $20! Well I bought the lightest shade (#1) & I'm not pasty ... just fair. This made me pink! It didn't cover any spots, just made the nice parts of my skin look textured & pink. I'll stick to Revlon.