October 24, 2014 | 887 users online

Polishes - Chanel - Le Vernis Nail Colour in Vendetta #483

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2010 7:59:00 AM More reviews by chanelohlic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this colour on a whim really as im not a purple person but after trying Paradoxal which is basically a lighter shade of this i thought id try it.
Im glad i did. Its a very deep shimmery purple, it looks more of a black purple once its on. I like the fact that its really dark on but that in certain lights you get a little tint of purple. And to see the sparkle in it you really have to be in bright sunlight, but i dont mind that. I prefer subtle!
Again as with most Chanel polishes coverage is great. Two coats is perfect. Nice and even.
When i compared this shade to my Chanel Blue Satin at first i was dissapointed because they looked almost identical! However once on there is a difference and im glad i compared because.....Im not the palest person in the world but Blue Satin made my hands look that way! It didnt compliment me AT ALL! It looked cold and just not good.
When i looked at the Vendetta even though this shade is equally as dark as Blue Satin it looked so much warmer and complimentry. I think thats all down to the plum/purple tone in it rather that a harsh inky blue!! So from this i know now not to buy Blue Satin again as it does nothing for me. Vendetta looks sultry and dark but without the harshness! I dont think i`ll wear it loads after winter but if i wanted a black/plum shade again i probably would reperchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Shabby413

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great deep black-purple. Very classy looking and versatile.
Received lots of compliments on this one. Would recommend. Probably a good dupe out there though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

I'm a chronic 2 coater and this turns out totally BLACK on my nails. I tried it with 1 coat and even though it was purplish it was streaky. Plus it was really flat. Like the 'Steel' and 'Strong', this looks nicer in the bottle (for me at least) than on my nails. Returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 11:55:00 AM More reviews by MissTrine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Its it the perfect purple vamp, I absolutely love it.

The application is great and it is very long-lasting.

Would I buy this product again? Definitely!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by chanelrougecoco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Chanel and I got this as soon as it came out, the colour is so beautiful it's indescribable! When I have fake tan on the colour looks like a lurid purple but with my natural pale skin it looks more dark and vampy, I think it would look good on any skintone. It's the only Chanel nail varnish I have other than Rouge Noir. It lasts forever on my nails, I've never had any complaints with their products

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Lovely colour, one coat is a dark purple and a second turns it almost black. Very pretty, but I am not impressed that the price is so high when the varmish chips off the next day, even after putting on two coats and then a couple of layers of topcoat! I have found far superior quality with cheaper drugstore brands. Not recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by cullenette

I love this polish, it was my first Chanel polish and I have a feeling that it may become and expensive habit! The color is gorgeous, I love the look of dark nails, so chic! Also, application is a breeze, one coat perfection.
Many previous reviewers have said that it looks black on them, and yes it is very dark. I've found that if you do one even coat it looks the most purple. If you love dark colors, this is a must-have.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by samcasso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Positively gorgeous, my absolute favorite nail polish. I love dark finger nails, but black can be pretty cliche and not so fabulous in the summer. Vendetta is the perfect medium. It's a beautiful eggplant that sparkles without looking garish. It takes only one coat as it is highly pigmented. This is a huge plus since Chanel polishes are expensive. I'm very happy with the staying power (even with one coat, a top coat--$.95 Wet Shine, and no base coat). I frequently wear it on my toes any time of the year; I can apply it myself and not worry about it being flawless. That's not to say I don't self-apply on my fingers, but a manicure with Vendetta looks impeccable. My only gripe? My sister is holding this hostage at school! A definite HG for a compulsive nail polish-buyer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

I hate Chanel pricetags .. but I get sucked into most shades and this one is a stunner!

Vendetta is great for those that love dark vampy goodness, but don't want to go with a traditional black polish. The formulation is fabulous as always with Chanel. This applies smoothly and with rich color .. I could technically probably get away with a single coat, however I'm a 2 coat kind of girl. It's a rich deep purple with shimmer, that amazingly, doesn't go black after two coats. Wears wonderfully .. now if we could just get Chanel to change the packaging I'd be elated! Overall .. great rich deep true purple! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by lolita80

I bought it on a whim, it was my first Chanel nail polish and at first I was disappointed - as was discribed here the polish looks in most cases as black. Another minus that it was hell difficult to paint with it - I mean the brush and somehow the texture (in comparison with OPI which were simpler in this respect). But now I think I like it. I see the difference in color - yep, it looks not black, but deeeep violet especially in artificial light. I put only one layer - normally I would do two, but I don`t see the point in this case. And recently I have read that it does not contain formaldehyde resin, while my OPI-s have. So it sounds safer for me.