November 24, 2014 | 1653 users online

Lip Gloss - Smashbox - Lip Enhancing Gloss - Illume

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by XxOmgItsDaraxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This gloss is a great to layer over nude lips. It is a light nude color with shimmers that applies sheerly. It isn't sticky at all, it has a very comfortable feeling. It has a light marshmallow scent that isn't offensive. Oh and the shimmers aren't chunky or glittery, just very subtle. Overall I love this gloss and I never want to run out of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by smel84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have had this gloss for a while. I dont use it very often. The smell is alright and it is packed full of glitter. The gloss is a little gritty but not so much thats its unwearable. It makes your lips a shimmery nudeish color. Not a bad gloss but not one of my must haves.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by gel0509

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay so I do really like the color's from this line this one tended to be my fav and the girl at ulta went on and on about how much I am going to love these glosses because I got this color pout and pop though the color was nice they seemed to dry my lips super bad and I mean this in a weird way. Like for example before I would put any of these 3 on my lips would be smooth no cracks or chappyness or dried skin peeling but everytime I would put them on 45 min to an hour or so later I would look in the mirror and notice that now my lips are peeling which is not reallly all that pretty with or with our lip gloss but is way worse when you think you look cute and have your lipgloss peeling off but even werider was after I would wipe off the gloss and not reapply my lips would be fine by the end of my day I know its creepy so I wont rebuy this due to not wanting to be famous for peeling lips at work. great colors though shame but I think I will just stick with my Buxom lipgloss they have great feel and color and dont make my lips peel. so far the best I have found!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by EpcotLover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

If you're looking for a clear gloss with tons of glitter just for layering with lipsticks, this one would fit the bill. Here's the problem, though. It's really expensive for what it is. There's no real color in this gloss that transfers. It looks beige in the tube, but not on the lips. It has a slight frost in it along with the glitter, but that's it. I do like that the applicator is a brush instead of a doe foot so you can tap this on top of a lipstick or another gloss to make it pop, and it won't rub your lipstick off. I appreciate that about it. And this gloss looks nice on, it really does. I like the effect. But I could find countless alternatives to this at a drugstore for probably a quarter of the cost of this. This Smashbox gloss was $18 when I purchased it. I have paid less than $2 at a drugstore for something that gives the same approximate effect. I can't recommend this gloss for that reason.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Canadianadia

Smashbox illume is a sheer pink with tiny flecks of shimmer, (or glitter). It's an good color for adding shine, but the pink tone seems to disappear on my dark lips. The applicator is a brush, which I like, but the hairs have a tendency to go a little wayward. Overall this product adds a great shine to my lips, but plain and simple - it's over-priced. There are certainly less expensive equivalents on the market, so despite the fact that it's not a bad product, I wouldn't repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by peppermintcupcakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's a pretty color and I love the smell! This is a good, cute everyday lip gloss if you're looking for a bit of shimmer. I do find that it dries out my lips more so than other glosses (and even lipsticks) for whatever reason.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2009 10:11:00 PM More reviews by DvineRevelation

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A great basic neutral with high shine and lots of moisture. Does not dry my lips out. Is non sticky, and lasts on the lips quite a while.
The color does not compete with anything, and I have found it easy to blend with different colored lip liners and stains, creating a multitude of looks. The only con is that I dont like the brush head it uses to apply product. Get it in the wrong way, and the brush strands start to frizz out. Would def buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 9:31:00 AM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have tried a lot of different lip glosses both high end and low end and I would say this is my favorite lip gloss of the moment! This is a beautiful sheer nude lip that doesn't wash you out but adds that extra umph in your make up routine. I can wear this and it doesn't go streaky or goopy(mac gloss I'm looking at you). I bought this for 5 or 7 bucks off of ebay. I love this color. Also doesn't dry out my lips! Looks great with my skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2009 11:13:00 AM More reviews by GoddessLaura

This is a nice shimmery beige gloss, with a slight pink hint to it. It looks great by itself or over a variety of lipstick colors. The formula is very nice, but unlike other reviewers I've found that it doesn't last that long on my lips. I do enjoy the sweet smell of the gloss, pleasant but not overwhelming. I hate the applicator brush which, after a year of use, has been beaten up quite a bit. I think a doe foot applicator might be better. I received this gloss as a gift. As nice as it is, I wouldn't buy it because I just can't justify spending $18 on a single lip gloss.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2009 8:11:00 PM More reviews by alexa1995

This is my go-to gloss! It's nude with a bit of shimmer than can be paired with a lipstick, lip-stain, or alone. It's not too sticky and lasts for hours. I would definitely recommend this product - if not this color but another to anyone.