October 23, 2014 | 1076 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by dinaaa107

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got it for $8.49 at target bc I like the natural nails look. I love this nail polish. This is my first review on here because I love the nail polish hat much. It's gel like and it's slightly pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by dootdootdoot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the only polish I've made a dent in. Looks polished, but still natural. I can't stand statement nails/nail art/even COLORED fingernails because it chips so easily and clashes with clothing. If my nails aren't bare, you can bet I'm wearing Essie Mademoiselle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

This color is so sheer compared to others I've used in the past but it also is one of the cleanest colors I own. I love the fact that it dries fast and makes my nails appear glass like and healthy. It's also a good shade if your on the go because it's pretty impossible to make a mistake.even though it seems streaky it evens out on its own through drying. Essie is Def my fav with opi coming in close second. Well continue to purchase. Picked mine up at Walmart for 7$

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by csquared14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Holy Grail of sheer pinks and the only nail polish bottle I've ever finished and had to buy again. This is the bottle I reach for every time when I need a polish that looks pretty, neat, professional, and just makes my nails look nice. It's very sheer--just one step away from a clear coat. It makes your nails look like a better, glossier version of themselves. If you're looking to hide any serious imperfections, this isn't your girl. But if you want to enhance what you already have, it's perfect. It dries super-fast and is quite durable, like most Essie shades. The finish is very shiny. Essie is a few dollars more than your normal drugstore brand, but for a long-lasting polish that is never going to look out-of-place in any situation (and, moreover, for a bottle that you will most likely maybe actually use up), it's worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by coffeedogsmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For the record, I am not a "nail person". I own maybe 10 nailpolishes. Just got Mademoiselle because I was looking for really clean, simple and mistake-proof. In the store, I was debating between all the Essie light pinks (they all look pretty much the same in the bottle) but I liked the undertone of Mademoiselle the best - sort of cooler, leans just a tiny bit lavender-pink compared to the others. (It's not lavender by any means though) The finish is super shiny and I agree with the other reviews that say it looks like gel. Covers up all my nails' imperfections - and I have far from perfect nails. Doesn't streak or do anything weird when applying. I would definitely recommend it if you're looking for natural-looking nails.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Normally I don't spend any more than $6 on nail polish but I've had my eye on this for a while. I've asked estheticians to use this colour for my fingernails as I love the 'my nails but better' look it gives me. I rarely wear dark colours on my fingers as they're too high maintenance for me. (unless it's a shellac or gel polish)
This is the perfect colour for a neutral, polished look and it makes my fingers look lean and long.

I'm impressed with the longevity of Essie polishes compared to Revlon or Sally Hansen which are the brands I've used regularly. The polish applies smoothly without streaking and lasts for several days before I start to notice any chipping.

It looks like I'm sold on spending the extra money on Essie polishes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have every color nail polish under the sun, I'm a bit of a nail polish freak and out of all the ones I own this has always been my top favorite is one of the few polishes that I've finished! I've gone through about 4-5 bottles of this stuff.

PROS
-very nautral and classy looking. i wore this on my wedding day and I received so many compliments. it's perfect for a DIY french manicure but also looks gorgeous on it's own!
-it's nude but no too nude. some nude polishes dont look like you have anything on your nails, this one has just the right amount of color. it's not too sheer or too opaque. it's perfect.
-you can build up the polish to your desired opaqueness, you can layer it all day long and it won't get stringy or sticky on you.
-beautiful baby pink. not too bright, not too light. just perfect.
-i can go about 5-6 days without noticing any chipping or peeling.
-dries pretty fast. i usually do 2 coats and it takes about 3-5 mins for them to dry.
-doesnt have a really strong smell. some nail polishes make me wanna pass out but this one isnt bad at all.
-easy to find. i got mine at walgreens. you can find the best essie collections at target though. atleast where i live. however im sure youre bound to find this shade in almost any drugstore cause it's their most popular one. no wonder!

CONS
-it is quite expensive. 8 dollars, sometimes 7 depending on where you go. for me that's pretty pricey for a nail polish. but would i say it's worth every penny? DEFINITELY.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

At last I have found my own perfect Holy Grail of sheer pinks. I've been searching for ages trying to find a sheer pink for French or American manicures or just for a subtle, ultra-subdued polished look that was "natural nails only better", and here it is. I don't even know how many sheer pinks I've tried at this point. Some were too milky, some were too white, some were too sheer, some were too opaque, some were too pink, some were too peachy... on and on. THIS polish is perfect for my skintone and the colour of my natural nailbeds. Finally!

So, the actual polish is a very sheer, very slightly milky pink, with what appears to be a very slight lavender undertone, which is probably why it looks good with my pale, cool-toned complexion (frankly, I don't believe this is going to be good for "all" skintones, any more than any other polish would or could be). I can wear two coats of this without feeling it's too milky or too opaque, and it provides just enough gloss and colour to disguise little flaws in the nail and nailbed, without hiding the nail. So it is the perfect "natural but better" that I was searching for. It's just too perfect, at least for me. :)

So, ladies with cool, fair skin, if you're looking for a sheer pink, please give this a try. After years of trying one sheer pink after another (many of which I've now given away), I'm delighted with this. We could say I'm tickled sheer pink, I suppose. ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by royas784

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Mademoiselle is a lovely, barely there pink with a gel-like finish and fool proof application. It has quickly become my go-to nude polish because I can wear it literally anywhere- out, at work, etc. It is very classy and gives you an elegant, polished look. It lasts a good amount of time since it is sheer and chips are barely noticeable. I can go a few days without chipping- I use a base coat and quick-dry top coat but imagine it's just fine on its own. I have several Essie polishes-I only purchase shades I know I will wear regularly because of the steep price (around $8). Mademoiselle is one of those shades. I love Essie nudes (I have Ballet Slippers and Adore-A-Ball as well), and reach for Mademoiselle often because it is so versatile and simple. If you're looking for something that's basically a cross between a clear and nude polish, you can't go wrong with Mademoiselle. It's noticeable enough to look nice and elegant, but translucent and gel-like, so you can wear it out literally everywhere. Will repurchase for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by babystrange

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this for a French mani base and am very happy with the results. Sort of a "YNBB" beigey creamy sheer pink. My coworkers today have been asking if I got my nails done. "Naw, y'all, I did this all by myself!" I paid $8 for the bottle and am happy to pay more for an Essie than a cheaper quality polish. The polish self-levels and dries really fast with no dents (the bane of my existence). I would definitely buy again. Recommended.