October 24, 2014 | 1490 users online

Loose Powders - Almay - Pure Blends Loose Finishing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by RicheleBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been wanting to try this for a while just it is very expensive for a drugstore brand so when it went on sale at cvs I got it. it's probably the best powder I've tried so far, I put this over nearly naked as a finishing powder & it keeps me oil free all day! I HATE the packaging, like it's cute but the little flip top thing is very annoying! Its impossible to get the right amount & not make it spill anywhere. but other then that it's a great powder

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by smartmakeupshopper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got the translucent one and it works well for me because the pinkish undertone compliments my skin. However, in addition to the horrible packaging, it is quite expensive for the quality. In fact, the only reason I bought it was because it was on sale and I had a gift card. I would recommend researching cheaper loose powders that have equal quality...such as the NYC loose powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Dianerrs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First of all, while this is marked as 'translucent' it is NOT. It's very light in colour instead. I thought that was a bit misleading, and was disappointed when I got this home from the store and discovered it.
That being said, I do like this powder a lot. It gives my face a nice soft glow, while still keeping it matte. It seems to keep oil on my face under control, but I don't have a very oily face- I'm not sure how well this would work for someone who does. It does appear to make my foundation stay longer, even through an 8 hour work day. I work in food service, and after a long day, I do notice a thin layer of yeast/etc coating my face from the bread we bake. I noticed that when I wear this to powder to work, it seems to absorb some of this and cut it down.
I like how lightweight it is. It doesn't appear cakey or obvious when applied, but does offer a good coverage.

The one thing I HATE, however, is the packaging, which keeps me from giving this five lippies. It's messy and awkward- the puff it comes with doesn't even actually FIT in the sifter, which is very small in size. Instead, I use a travel sized powder brush, as my normal powder brush doesn't fit well either.

Overall, I'm very happy with this and would buy it again, despite it not being a truly translucent powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by ckussman

For the summer I have switched to lighter makeup. Along with switching to a tinted moisturizer I wanted a loose finishing powder. I was really wanting the Laura Mercier Mineral Finishing Power but don't want to spend the extra money on it. I think this product is a good alternative to more expensive light finishing powders.
Pros:
1. Nice Matte finish
2. Cute packaging
3. Doesn't feel cakey
4. Really good match for light/medium skin

Cons:
2. Bit expensive for drugstore makeup
3. While packaging is cute the powder gets every and not very effecient for getting it out
4. Spongle applicator that comes with it is very harsh on the skin. Would recommend using a soft powder brush

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2010 11:16:00 AM More reviews by abourdiel1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Ok So as I was in Target looking for the Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel, I came across the Almay stand and it caught my attention that this translucent powder was only $3.08 from almost $12.00 originally so I decided to get it (of course). I have to say I really liked the product, the packaging sucks but the powder was ok. I bought the Matte one because I didn't want to shine and I thought that might happen if I buy the shimmer version.
It goes on smooth, they claim it has a blend of antioxidants and it is paraben and talc free so that is a plus. I still use my Mineralize Skin Finish Natural Powder by MAC but this is a good alternative if you don't want spend the $$.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2010 7:12:00 AM More reviews by monkeybird

Bought the shimmer version. Box kerploded when I opened it, the plastic cap assembly had come apart from the cardboard box. This powder was way too glittery, big sparkles v. noticeable. Not what I wanted at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by kallalily

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I was excited when I saw this in the drugstore because it had really adorable, high quality packaging and is said to be 98.7% natural with orchid and acai berry extracts and antioxidants, yada yada. Sounds high end to me! Also unfortunately the price (for drugstore) was also high end...but I got it, in Translucent Matte.

Now let me say this -- it is NOT, I repeat, NOT translucent. If you have light/medium skin, then this is the perfect color for you. But it is a tad too dark and too pink toned for me.

I have relatively dry skin, but combination because I get a little oily on my forehead. This does not control oil whatsoever!!! So if you are oily, pass this!!

what I did LOVE about this product though was that it gives a gorgeous, airy finish that does not look powdery at all!!! I adore this consistency, if only, if ONLY it had oil controlling powers and was actually translucent!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by missjessica87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this powder. It's one of the only powders that hasn't irritated my face and dried it out so that's a plus. It offers pretty good coverage whether you wear it on top of liquid foundation or just by itself. I just really dislike the packaging. I mean, I'm glad it's good for the environment, but it's really annoying. The powder usually gets all over me and my dresser. Too messy but a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2010 10:28:00 AM More reviews by RhinestoneBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

As of right now this is the best finishing powder I have come across. I have not noticed that it makes my tzone any oiler then it would be without makeup. It has never caused any skin irritation, and does not make me look ashy or chalky. Although it is a little expensive for a drug store brand. I gave it 4 lippies because there might be something better out there, and if I come across it, this will probably end up lost in my makeup case!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by ajmg

is this product for light brown people????