Avon Ultra Color Rich 24K Gold (all)

3.3

on 9/2/2009 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got this in 24k Rose Gold and it is great. I love the packaging, it looks expensive, even though the lipstick is cheaper. The color is really pretty, i just put chapstick on before applying, and the cover with a plumping gloss. Reallly pretty. Great for my skintone.

on 6/1/2009 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got this in the 24 K Pink Gold color. I like the color very much. It just shines and shines. I love the fact that it smells very nice, and the tube casing is a lovely golden color. It goes on almost like a gloss, but with a bit more texture than gloss. It is smooth and creamy too. This one is a real keeper. I do think this one is being dis-continued though, or was just a Christmas item, because I got it from the outlet book, and that is usually a clue it is almost gone for good. So if you want one for your collection of colors, grab it quick while you still can. It is worth it.

on 2/20/2009 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

I have the 24K PINK (I think itís called Golden Rose outside of the UK). Itís a very easy-to-wear medium pink, not too light, dark or bright.

What makes this line different to the rest of the Ultra Color Rich line? It contains gold glitter particles. Not just gold in colour Ė the particles are 24k gold flecks. Don't worry - you won't look like you've sucked on a Christmas tree bauble!

As this is part of the Ultra Color Rich line, you get the creamy, moisturizing properties youíve become to expect. I have dry, flaky lips, but have not experienced any flaking or chafing after Iíve been wearing this. The lasting power is OK. Not as good as some other brands, but this is such a great moisturizing product, so I donít mind.

And for the already reasonable price & numerous money saving offers Avon do itís worth trying them.

on 2/12/2009 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I purchased this in Rubies in Gold and Natural Gold. The formula is pretty light, and the color went on a bit sheer, but it's buildable. Unfortunately, the Natural Gold color seemed to accentuate flakes and lines on my dry lips, so despite the color, which I liked, it wasn't great to work with (my lips are almost always dry, no matter what I use). The red color camouflaged dryness much better and is a great fun holiday red. I got these at the intro price, thankfully, because although I do like the red and the formula in general, they're nothing too spectacular. I don't use red very often at all, and the pink didn't work out for me, so I won't need to repurchase. I'm also not a fan of the packaging. The slightly swollen design makes it needlessly bulky.

on 1/24/2009 3:50:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I got this in the 24kt gold color thinking I could use it with other lipsticks to give them the gold flecks also but that didn't work. So, I just repurchased it in the ruby's color. The ruby color is beautiful. Just what I wanted for special occasions.

on 1/2/2009 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this lipstick in three colors and out of those three only like one, here is a quick review of each one -
Natural Gold: not my idea of natural, more of a tawny beige but far too much orange in it, left gritty chunks of glitter on my lips. the color overall is better suited to warm colorings.
Golden Rose: Very similar to Natural Gold but with more rose-y pink in it. Left a very pretty cast but again, best suited to those with a warm or neutral coloring.
Golden Raisin: My favorite, a very pretty medium plum-raisin color with just the right amount of golden shimmer. I prefer to layer it over balm for a stain-like finish. Good for my cool "winter" coloring.
Overall: The gold in these lipsticks is too "glittery" and not "shimmery", although creamy they wear quickly but do leave a pretty cast. If the gold was a bit finer I would re-purchase the Golden Raisin, but until then, will not re-purchase. continued >>

on 12/24/2008 9:59:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I bought this in Pink and at first I really liked it. It was soft and creamy, although it didn't have good staying power. After using it a few days though it started feeling rough. I finally looked at it and realized it was because there were huge bits of gold gitter in it. It scratched my lips. And what came off on my lips looked like toast crumbs. If this had been more of a gold shimmer instead of gold glitter it would have been nicer, I definately won't repurchase.

on 12/24/2008 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I got this in red gold and nector gold color. I love both of these. I dont know about the other colors. Lasting power is not that great but they are so creamy. EDIT: I did receive Chocolate Gold color in a kit, its a hideous color from the 90s. Also, I have noticed that these lipstick formula is drying out. Not good. I guess I'm trashing these.

on 12/19/2008 5:56:00 PM

I got this in Natural Gold. It didn't look that natural on me. It's too bold/slightly orangey. Not a fan, though the container is very pretty.

on 12/10/2008 12:29:00 AM

Yuckers!!! I bought "Natural Gold" and the color is very orange-y with little flecks of glitter (I guess that's the gold). Would not buy again.

Popular Lipsticks