October 21, 2014 | 1446 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Sustainable Shadow Box

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by JadeFatale

Got this in my christmas stocking, very pleased with the funky colours (with interesting names as well!). Lasting eyeshadow.

Just the packaging sucks! I mean, at first I really liked the wooden bamboo effect, plus it hasn't fallen apart yet after a few months of using it. However, because it's a swivel cover, I can't help feeling the product keeps getting rubbed off. And it actually has, there's glitter and smears all over the palette... Loss of product = *sadface*

Because of the quality of the eyeshadow, I will probably purchase other urban decay eyeshadow products, but NOT this palette. Still, I did get this as a present which I'm really happy with! ^_^

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by cindy2309

first product i bought from urban decay. i love the color selection but their glitters are so annoying. it fell anywhere in my face. midnight coboy rides again being the worst.
i love ydk, half baked, twice baked, flash and kiddie pool. i don't really find the packaging is horrible or hard to use. instead i found it cute to have a twisted opening like that.
this one is ridiculously expensive for a high-school student like me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by smatte77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do like the quality of Urban Decay's shadows. I feel like they are on par with MAC's. Some do have tons of glitter fall out so you need to take steps to remedy that. YDK and Twice Baked are my faves. They are silky smooth and last all day over UDPP.

However, the packaging on this palette SUCKS. Just like everyone else who has reveiwed it, it did not last long. It fell apart after maybe about 5-6 uses. I would not re-purchase this palette, nor would I recommend anyone buy it. Stick with another palette or buy their cute single shadows by themselves. They dropped the ball on this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by cakexcuddles

I hated this. The packaging was HOOOORRRRIBLE. It fell apart after I had owned it for a week and half after christmas! I can't believe it! On top of that I only like 4/10 of the colors (YDK, half baked, flash and kiddie pool) which is not a good ratio. A lot of the eyeshadows had meteor sized pieces of glitter in it that made me feel like a disco ball. My eyelids are already heavy looking and this just made them look so heavy it was like they were going to slide right down my face! The only thing I loved from this set was the brush. It's a really great brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Hollie96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This isn't a very good shadow box, actually one of the worst I have ever gotten! The eye shadows are beautiful,but it is the twist able lid! Its so stupid, sometimes the screw will fall out or the tip of the corners will scrape the eye shadow and leave a big line in them! My favourite eye shadow out of the whole shadow box would have to be YDK it is such a nice colour.
I have to say I am not very pleased with this eye shadow box from Urban Decay.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2011 3:15:00 AM More reviews by lovebon898270

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is the WORST palette i ever bought from Urban Decay!! the design of the palette is nice and eco friendly, But overall, it is so stupid to twist off the top cover because the screw would sometimes get loose and the top cover fall off. Most of the shadows are glittery and shimmery which is hard to pull off a look using only this palette. there is no there are no matte shadow and no high light for the brow bone. Not worth buying.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2011 9:14:00 AM More reviews by ketu86

These are my first Urban Decay eye shadows, I was really looking forward to trying them out after hearing all the rave reviews about them. I regret buying this palette though and wish I had done more research beforehand because the palette is generally very glittery. Grifter, Uzi an Midnight Cowboy are colours which I would never use. I was also disappointed with the quality, they are pigmented and blend well but not as good as Stila eye shadows although Stila is more pricier so I guess the UD quality is good for the price.

Packaging wise I like the bamboo and the pretty picture on the lid, I don't like the way the lid swivels though and the screw came loose on my palette after a few weeks. The mirror is too small and useless and the brush is awful. Another reason I wanted to get this palette was for the primer potion, I wanted to test it out without having to buy the full size one. I'm glad that I didn't get a full size one because contrary to the reviews on here I don't find it works at all... didn't prevent any eyeshadow creasing.

I like the way they have organise the colours in the palette, the eyeshadow on the top goes with the eyeshadow on the bottom (I heard this from another reviewer on youtube but can't remember her name). I like the colours YDK, twice baked, half baked and kiddie pool, these are colours that are available in other UD palettes and I wouldn't recommend this particular palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by francescahoy

Overall, I adore this palette. Oil slick is my go-to color for eyeliner. I just apply it with a small angled brush on my upper lashline and it stays on all day. I use Flipside, Flash, Kiddie Pool and Half-Baked for a pop of color under my eyes. I always use YDK as my lid color. The only three shadows that can be a little tricky and bothersome are Uzi, Grifter and Midnight Cowboy Rides Again. You have to apply Uzi and Grifter carefully to avoid a lot of fallout. If you're going to use MCRD, don't put your foundation on first as you'll probably have to do it again from trying to get off all of the glitter. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by monique0100

I love this palette. Really like ydk, twice baked, oil slick, half baked, flash, uzi. Yes, I like uzi but I use it for glitter applied over an eye look with a fluffy brush or as use it as eyeliner with a wet eyeliner brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by CarrieFever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my very first purchase ever from UD and I was BEYOND satisfied! I felt like a "pretend" makeup artist LOL - The shades are fantastic and I found myself frequently using YDK, Twice Baked andHalf Baked - Awesome lid shades IMO. When I'm being adventurous, I used Flipside and Flash; haven't really used Kiddie Pool and Grifter. However, I could've done without Uzi and 'The Cowboy Who Shall Not Be Named'. Massive fallout with those two, which would've been great shades without the clunk glitter. Don't get me wrong, I'm a glitter gal, but those just weren't doing it for me. The quality and texture of the shadows were great, I had no trouble with "attempting" to blend lol. All in all, for my first UD buy this was fabulous indeed.