April 20, 2014 | 1956 users online

Skincare - Body - Homemade Tendskin

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Excellent stuff. For years I just used lots of Aquaphor after waxing to prevent those awful waxing breakouts on upper lip and brows. Now I use this before applying Aquaphor and it's even better. I'm so glad I came across this recipe, it's fantastic. Also good for spot treating blemishes. Uncoated aspirin is hard to find, so I just crush up regular ones with a mortar & pestle.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Forever21Chic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is sooo much cheaper then tendskin & works great!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Buppers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Works great, and you save a lot of money compared to retail. It's very easy to mix this up in my little bullet blender, and I put it in a little travel shampoo type bottle.
Works just as well as the retail brands at preventing ingrown hairs.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by colettemeek

I've been using MUA since 2007 and LOVE it but have never written a review. This stuff is so great, I'm making it my first. I thought NOTHING would ever help with razor burn along the bikini line. This stuff takes care of it. I put it on immediately after shaving and never have to use it again. No itching/redness/anything. AMAZING!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 11:46:00 PM More reviews by undone5865

Amazing.

Also works great as a toner for acne-prone or oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have NEVER been able to shave my bikini area. I've been "blessed" with ultra-sensitive skin that develops rashes at the drop of a hat. I was going to a pool party and didn't want to take the time to trim my, ahem, personal area with my trimmers. It takes forever and is never short enough. I decided to take a chance and try this. I didn't really measure anything out, but I've had plenty of experience mixing up skin care concoctions, so I just kind of eyeballed it. I found an empty bottle, squirted in a good amount of witch hazel, dropped in maybe 15 uncoated aspirins and a bit of rubbing alcohol (but not too much because I hate the smell. LOL). I rubbed it on with a cotton ball after shaving and it really soothed the area. I did it again that night. So far, 2 days later, NO irritation. I'm super impressed with this formula and so glad I'm finally able to shave my bikini area like "normal" people! =)
UPDATE: Still amazed by this. I get literally NO irritation when I use this when, before, I would have dozens of little red bumps. Simply amazing!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by lmf102

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Thank you thank you thank you for posting this "recipe". i felt a bit like a chemist whipping it up, but the results are totally worth it. Had an unfortunate amt of ingrowns (due to waxing) - so annoying. This mixture really seems to have helped. I am going to try it on an annoying large zit that has materialized on the side of my face and hopefully it'll work on that as well

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by ash_theoriginal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Coming across the recipe for this has changed my life!!! I noticed a huge difference just on the first use!! It stings ever so slightly for a few seconds but leaves the area soooo smooth!! I was prone to the worst boils from ingrown hairs. They were so painful and I dreaded shaving my bikini area because I knew they were bound to pop up. No ingrown hairs to date, minimal bumps which are smaller than before, this stuff even minimized and faded the scars from past boils. I knew this stuff was heaven sent when my sis visited me recently. She started to get some severe bacne lately so I got her to try this stuff. Within three days her back was cleared!! I will continue to use this stuff forever!! Thanks MUA for the idea and recipe!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by jackjack828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love it. Save me a bunch of money by switching to this. Works well! No more bumps. Yeeeey!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I read the reviews here and then saw a few how to videos on to prepare the mixture. It has taken a months time, but I finally have no more bumps or new ingrowns and the discoloration from the old ones is going away. This totally works and I am so happy for MUA to show me this!