Revlon Matte Lipstick - Nude Attitude

2.9

on 12/10/2013 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Perfect nude shade - pale, not too pink, not too orange. However, this is kind of drying (duh, MATTE). Still this needs either a gloss applied on top or a balm applied beneath. Gorgeous shade though.

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I'm in another pale lip phase and since I'm traveling at the moment, I don't have as easy access to my usual items..so I picked this up...I could have sworn I brought my MAC Creme d' Nude, but I can't find it :( Nude Attitude is bad you guys. The color is fine and is comparable to MAC Myth, but even as one who loves matte lipsticks, this texture is so chalky and it highlights any tiny imperfection you have in your lips, so they must truly be in perfect condition. It also goops up after an hour or so of wear. Plus, it's like, $10...I realize $10 is not much in the scope of DS makeup, but for $5, you could pick up a stick of the superior MAC Myth, so I would urge you to either buy Nude Attitude from a place with a good return policy in case you hate it, or spend just a little bit more for something of better quality (MAC Myth). I'm tossing this tube since I'm traveling at the moment and I just don't have the time or patience to keep up with a product that I have to *make* work for me.

TIPS: make sure your lips are in perfect condition, then lightly dab on some balm—then blot that off. Trust me on this, if there's too much balm, Nude Attitude will goop up quickly (it goops up on me eventually anyway). Then lightly dab/swipe the color on. Because it's so chalky, it'll go on blotchy, so you'll have to work it in with your finger.

Yuk. This is chalky and not flattering at all. Thankfully, I tried this and bought the item thinking it would look fine in the natural light. Not so. Have kept the receipt and as its unopened, it will go back,
A bit like myth but chalky and the Matt look is not plumping and glam at all.
It's a really light concealer color. I am very fair skinned and cannot wear this. In the shop light the color was okay but went for a coffee and checked.
Oh my oh my...no way!

I want to love this lipstick, but it really falls short. The colour is just bad. Waaay too pale, and i'm quite pale skinned! This lipstick makes me look really washed out. It also goes on blotchy, especially if your lips are remotely dry or chapped. It clings to any little dry patch. It's also very drying...which I wouldn't mind (because you can always use gloss) if it wasn't so blotchy. Love revlon, hate this product.

on 6/27/2013 5:42:00 AM

I am a huge fan of nude lipsticks , in fact I hardly buy any other colored lipsticks. This particular one was mentioned as one of the best nude lipsticks to buy on quite a few beauty blogs but I was very disappointed after buying it. I am very fair and have very red lips and this did nothing for me, it completely washed me out. I looked sick. I didn’t use it again for ages until one day bored and playing around with my makeup I decided to try it on again, I thought it looked like I was wearing foundation on my lips so I decided to apply another darker more vibrant Nude of mine over and it actually ended up looking quite good! Although I probably would not buy this lipstick again , I really don’t think it is a bad product at all I just personally think it is much better suited for darker skinned women and would look really nice with smoky eyes, a touch of bronzer and long lashes, like Kim Kardashian’s make up look.

After seeing Lisa Eldrige use this lipstick in her 'Cat-Eye' video, I rushed out and bought it because the colour looked amazing on the model, complimenting a dramatic winger eyeliner look. In the bullet it looked alarmingly pale but I trusted Lisa and bought it. I was so disappointed when I got home and applied it, it was an unflattering cool-toned nude which drained the colour out of my face and clung onto any tiny dry patches of skin. I abandoned this lipstick for a while until on a whim, I decided to tone down Mauve It Over-another matte lipstick from Revlon. It looked amazing. I definitely agree with the other positive reviews-it is all about trail and error with this lipstick. It is by no means a quick-fix get up and go lip product. Application is essential in achieving the right look. But now I've got the knack of mixing it with darker lipsticks or dabbing it sparingly on my lips to bring down the colour- I wouldn't want to be without it.

on 4/11/2013 5:54:00 AM

This is the ugliest nude shade, ever. It's way too pale. This nude washes me out so bad. It made my lips look super dry too and knowing me, i'm a chap stick addict so my lips are not dry! It borders looking like death...

on 4/11/2013 12:44:00 AM

I hate this lipstick. It looked ORANGE on my lips! It didn't stay in place either; and I'm not talking about fading or feathering! It's a poor lipstick and I regret buying it. Luckily, it came off easily. Then again, I don't think that's a good thing. I swiped it off with some tissue and it came off like nothing. When I was applying it, I felt like I was applying clay to my lips and it moved around like wet clay. It even looked like clay! It doesn't stick to your lips and it just frustrated me. I don't plan on buying Revlon lipstick anymore. I would have bought the brand I wanted if I had the money.

on 3/19/2013 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Applied directly from the bullet on to anything less than mint condition lips, and this lipstick is a tragedy. Delivery is everything! Applied to prepped lips with either a brush building the pigment slowly or a light blotting action with your fingers with a little bit of vaseline to smooth everything out, it is terrifically pretty. I realise that mixing vaseline with a matte finish product is probably not what most people had in mind in terms of what they bought the lipstick for, so my lower rating reflects that.

I bought this lipstick because it was the product used by Lisa Eldridge on Clemence Poesy for the April Vogue 2010 photoshoot- and it looked so wonderful on her. I had read all the bad reviews in advance but was still determined to make it work for me! I think the colour of this lipstick is really beautiful- in the case it looks like a pale, tawny, slightly orange leaning shade but it gives my lips a very sweet, muted, soft beige tone. Formula wise, on it's own I don't actually find it too drying at all and mixed with a little lip balm it is even better :) I have given the packaging rating a 2 because the one that I bought was quite stiff and hard to pull the lid off. This might just be an anomaly but thought it was worth mentioning.

on 3/16/2013 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I would love to rock a really nude lip like this ls looks like it would probably do but my lips are so red naturally that it doesn't really work it looks streaky and ends up looking like my lips r chapped I love the formula of revlon mattes and I have all the shades I think this would work on someone with a lighter natural lip color but not for me

Popular Lipsticks