October 31, 2014 | 1521 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - winter care-limited edition

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

Dove hit the nail on the head with the Winter Care formulation. It packs a little bit of an extra punch over the Dove Deep Moisture body wash and it has an interesting, but softly lingering scent. Like so many, I find it hard to keep my skin hydrated in the winter but with Winter Care, my body feels nicely hydrated and pampered after using. It gives me a good first layer of moisture. I love it so much, as the colder months approach, I buy the Winter Care body wash and bars and switch up. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by NestleChoco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS! i actually use this for my face and i actually replaced my face cleaners for this to use on my face because it worked so good! i get little bumps on my forehead that look like its gonna be a pimple but it doesnt become a pimple so its just like little bumps. After using this, they were all gone. when Dove stopped selling this during the year, i went to regular Dove soaps and they work good too on my face but i love the Winter Care one more. i have good skin except for the bumps on my forehead but this product takes care of it all

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by patty48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Sorry to bring down the rating of this soap. Didn't do anything wonderful for my dry winter skin. Then it started to make me itch (in all places), the stinging started, and then to top it all off, the smell really started to get to me - burning my nose. I bought a six pack of this, I'm not sure what I'll do with the last three bars, but they won't be in my shower.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 3:11:00 AM More reviews by dawnfire90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing the body wash, it makes my skin really soft without a residue like 'already lotioned' feel. Unfortunately it also broke out my back, so ill have to use a separate body wash for my back :(
I just looked up the ingredients on the comedogenicity list, it could be the soybean oil which rates a 3 on the comedogenic scale, or the sodium laureth sulfate which rates a 3 out of 5 for comedogenic and 2 as an irritant, or the lauric acid which rates a 4 for comedogenic and 1 for an irritant, or the stearic acid which is a 2, or the sodium chloride which is a FIVE out of 5 for comedogenic?! and a 3 as an irritant, or the palmitic acid which is a 2, wow this is HIGHLY comedogenic, it has at least 4 ingredients that are above a 3, dont put this anywhere near your face/back/chest if you are prone to breakouts!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 3:38:00 AM More reviews by piinkkiisszbabii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i LOVE THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i bought the body wash version at walmart tonight for i think 6 bucks and its amazing. ive been noticing rough dry skin even on my butt ever since its gotten cold and i hope this helps. as for what i can review so far the smell is DELISH and itsa so thick and creamy and moisturizing i am in love. def recommend you all try this !! <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 3:57:00 AM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't see what the big deal is about. I love Dove body bars, but I see no difference in this one than the others other than smell, which I don't like. I don't' find it moisturizing more than the other ones either. I'd purchase it again, but I'm not going out of my way to do it, just if they have no other ones in stock at the store or something.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I can see why this gets rave reviews! A bit more moisturizing than the regular beauty bar, but with a much softer and more subtle scent. Dove, why make this LE? Definitely will be stocking up for the year before they're gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Chabli

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE LOVE LOVE

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by thebiochemistGF

it's back! I spotted the three pack of the Winter Care body wash and the bulk pack of the bars at Costco. I think they are on sale at Costco this month. I love using this with my Salux, it's fabulous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by sarahgorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I'm praying to the bathing gods that Sam's Club gets the 12-pack of this again this year. I am at the very end of my pack I bought last winter and I don't know what I will do without it. I've gotten really spoiled with this--I tried the sensitive skin version and it left my dry skin tight and uncomfortable. The smell of this is lighter and, in my opinion, much better than the original beauty bar. This one contains sunflower seed oil and I find it much more moisturizing than the original. I like it because while it is moisturizing and leaves my skin feeling great, it still rinses clean. I feel clean AND moisturized while other products I've tried leave me feeling just moisturized or clean but dry. I highly recommend buying this if you suffer from dry, itchy skin in the fall and winter. It's listed on the Dove website already so I have hope that I can replenish my stock soon.