September 21, 2014 | 1940 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - TheBalm - Balms Away Eye Makeup Breakup

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

Got this in a kit at Marshall's and I have to say first off I, am against using eye make up remover you need to wipe off. A good facial cleanser will take all your make up off with splashing of water. I use Olay Foaming cleanser, fragrance free. and for stubborn stuff Loreal Clean Artiste.
Okay now about this Balms Away. It comes in a tin and looks like clear shoe polish or something, it is Vaseline like, but lighter. Applied on my eye, waited, then wiped off with tissue on one eye, cloth on the other. Most of the makeup was gone but the rest smudged a lot. My vision was still good and not impaired like Vaseline would but this just isn't the way to take off eye make up and for $20 bucks you can do sooo much better. Hmmm... I wonder if this will clean my tan leather purse.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2012 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Mermaid861

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff gets the job done. And I support any remover that has moisture to it and doesn't dry out. It gets makeup off without working or scrubbing.
My only real complaint is the price. I love this line -too I am fairly new to TheBalm but I love it. I think their prices in general are fair, and I have been lucky to get some products at TJMaxx. But I am a devout cold cream user. I use it at night to remove my makeup. Just cold cream -user gets the makeup off and moisturizes. And it costs about a third of this. If I hadn't found CC, I am pretty sure I would love this stuff. But why pay more if you don't have too?

I will say this is slightly heavier than my CC so I prefer it just for eye makeup. I don't like it on my whole face. I do use CC on my whole face. So the CC has of beat there too. For me --I for some, they may need a heavy duty eye makeup remover they don't want for their whole face (but I still say CC -- just on the eyes).

Balms Away works awesome -for painless, virtual effortles, complete makeup removal. But the bottom line is you can get the same thing (if not *slightly* better for less.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Excellent eye make-up remover. Dissolves my waterproof mascara easily. Also has a hard petroleum jelly feel, a little goes a long way. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best eye makeup remover I've tried so far. I have sensitive eyes and have not had great experiences with wipes. I have to use waterproof mascara and wipes require so much rubbing that my eyes always feel raw and irritated. Most other types of removers like liquids and oils make my eyes sting or blurry and still leave makeup behind irritating me even more. Plain vaseline leaves a film that requires washing with soap and water. This has a similar consistency but doesn't leave that greasy residue behind. It only takes a small dab rubbed gently onto each eye to remove eye makeup and I've had no problems getting this off with either a dry tissue, cotton balls or damp paper towels if that's all I have handy. No irritation and no blurry eyes from having to wipe until remover has coated my eyeballs. The whole process for both eyes takes me about a minute. I got this at TJMaxx for under $10 and it should last close to forever but I'd pay full price to replace it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by hummiemd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hated this product.
Even if I was trying to be gentle, I still felt like I was tugging and pulling my skin while massaging product onto eye area.
Even if I was careful, product still somehow got into my eyes, blurring vision and making me very uncomfortable.
Even after being wiped off to the best of my ability, makeup and eye makeup remover residue still remained, so I would have to use a second cleanser to remove residue.
This product does not remove waterproof mascara, which is why I got a special eye makeup remover for in the first place.
This product is also rather expensive... not all of us can find TheBalm products at Marshalls or TJMaxx.
I would compare this product to straight up Vaseline, which is dirt cheap compared to this product, which cost $20USD.
Ponds Cold Cream is better than this product, and I don't even particularly like that product either.
This product may work for some, but it did not work well for me. I personally would not recommend it to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 7:16:00 AM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an eye makeup remover, not really meant for your whole face. For that purpose, it works wonderfully when used correctly.
With clean hands, run your finger over the surface to get a dollop and then rub that over your eyes very carefully in circular motions for 15-30 seconds. I then take a paper towel and wet it and wring it out- then wipe it over my eyes to take everything off. Works wonderfully to take off all of my eye makeup (eyeliner, mascara, bright eyeshadows, you name it) and it leaves my eye area feeling very soft and moisturized, almost like I used an eye cream.
I use clinique's TKDD balm as well (especially when traveling) and it does work for your entire face but always leaves me feeling a bit dry everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by CrosseyedToad

Would I buy this again? Yes, I already have x4. This is hands down the absolute best eye makeup remover I've ever used and coming from me that means a lot because I've used everything I've ever seen when it comes to eye makeup removers. A tiny dab on each eye, rub gently and wipe away with a cotton ball, dry cloth or tissue and voila clean eyes. I'm thinking maybe the few bad reviews used wet tissue or cloths. You need to use dry. This is my HG hands down.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by animalgal808

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

MY HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT!!!! i have used this every day for 3 years and counting. nothing else can remove my waterproof mascara the way this stuff can. before using this produce i had very dry flakey eyes, but not that i have been using this my flakeyness has cleared up and i feel amazing. It can get a bit messy when using. I typically rub it on my eyes and get a rag to whipe the mess away, throw the rag in the wash and broovo issue solved!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by sara942

Got this at TJ Maxx for $9.99 because of the cute tin. Wouldn't have paid the full $20 for it though...looks just like vaseline to me. Works quickly and efficiently to dissolve all eye makeup, facilitating complete removal of mascara, eye shadow, primer and eye liner with a damp cloth/tissue/cotton pad. Does not leave a grease slick behind. The key is to dampen the material you will use for wipe-off with water first, to ensure comfortable removal and no residue after. I like that w/ a dab of product, 5 seconds of rubbing it in and about 3 swipes per eye, all eye make up is totally gone. I dislike the high mineral oil content, however, so a star off for that.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by xosteffsayss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this with the intension of finding something that would remove my mascara fully because I was having trouble getting it all off. This product does do what it says it says it does: "Breaks up/dissolves eye makeup." It was $20, and you do get a large amount of product, but here are the cons. It's extremely messy, leaves your eyelids/area around your eyes feeling oily and dirty and for the expensive price you're paying, it doesn't even remove your face makeup! Don't waste your money - you're better off spending $5 at CVS on some makeup removing wipes.