July 28, 2014 | 1770 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by ccarlino

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I did not have good results with Lancome's Dual Finish Versatile. I have mature skin and this powder foundation did nothing to improve my appearance. I purchased Buff which was the closest to my medium fair, cool undertone, but not a perfect match. After several hours, my face appeared ashen, pale and chalky even with blush. This foundation also emphasized my pores and marionette lines despite using a good moisturizer under for slip. Returned to Macy's after two days with my receipt.

Packaging: Plastic square compact which is OK, but comes with a flimsy, thin round sponge.

Possibly a good product for those with younger skin (20s-40s) as light foundation or a touch up powder but definitely not for older, dry, mature skin as a foundation alone.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by kkate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this about 6 years ago but switched to mineral makeup when that became hot. I recently went on an extended trip and didn't want to bring brushes with me, so I bought one of these again. I think I love it more than before and I am wondering why I switched! It is easy to use and provides excellent coverage that can be built up. It's very lightweight so you don't look like you are wearing powder. It's perfect for touchups throughout the day. For oily skin like mine, it's very mattifying. I have never used this as a liquid so I cannot attest how well it works as one. Definitely going to keep buying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation when I was looking for a finishing powder to wear over top of my foundation (Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24h in 210 Buff N) that I love so much and I tried a few brands of powder and they just weren't right in finish or in color.
Since I had such a perfect match with the Ultra 24h, and I have been so happy with it, I figured I could find the same color in a Lancôme powder.

After a lot of experimenting I found a perfect match with Matte Clair II and I love using this powder, both as a finishing powder and on its own as a foundation powder! It gives me that smooth finish I was looking for and it controls my oily skin really well.
The packaging is fine, although I never use the sponges provided so I just find them useless.

My only complaint is the color changes - why did Lancôme have to change all of the colors or color names between their products? I love this product (and the Teint Idole Ultra 24hr) and I can't see myself switching to anything else anytime soon, but I took one lippie off for the color changing within Lancôme because in my opinion they are just confusing their customers and I don't understand the reasoning for it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by anabelleleighs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my all time favorite foundation. I wear the Matte Buff 2, and it's a perfect match for my skin. I have oily skin with big pores and don't generally see a shine for 3 or 4 hours after application. I too agree that $38 seems expensive initially, but it's about twice as large (.62oz) as many comparable powders. Considering that I can use this as a foundation and powder in one, I definitely think it's worth the cost. I've tried many other brands and haven't found any that covers as well without being cakey or shiny.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by CaityEM

This product is so amazing I actually decided to make an account on Makeup Alley just to review it. It deserves to be raved about! I have had difficulties finding a perfect skin makeup product, and besides my Chanel vita lumiere foundation, everything has been too much/not enough coverage, bad-buildup, too orange, too pink, not lasting on my oily-combo skin etc etc...... well this powder is none of those things and will be PERMANENTLY in my makeup bag. Thank you Lancome!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunci

Stinks. Literally smells like your grandmother. Makes pores look huge. Not cool.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by xsabrinax

it's very small, but it lasts quite a long time . If you have oily or combination skin you will start to get oily in the first 4 or 5 hours depending on if it's hot or not. If you sweat it will come off. It works very well on making my face looking matte and I really like it. I would buy this again, when I get the money. It is $38 at sephora. which is a little expensive, but it works well! so all in all very good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by sydneythekidd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best. Powder. Ever. I had pretty much given up on the idea of a long-lasting powder that actually looked nice until a lady in Ulta recommended this to me and I fell in love upon first use. As it says on the box the compact comes in (which is honestly prettier than the compact itself but I digress) you can use it three different ways: with a brush to set foundation and/or give a very light coverage, with a dry sponge to get a natural matte finish, or with a wet sponge to get insane coverage and a matte finish that lasts all day. I always go with the latter, and with it I can use it as a foundation in and of itself which I have NEVER been able to do before. Even though my skin isn't nearly as dry as it used to be, and is actually somewhat oily, most powders still look cakey and just plain gross on me. They end up blotchy regardless of their alleged lasting powder. But this albeit pricey powder gives a flawless, very skin like finish to the skin...when wearing it you just feel fresh and pretty. I got it at Ulta for about 38 bucks, which nearly killed me, but it was worth it in every way. I wear matte bisque 2 (I think, I don't have it beside me at the moment) both in the summer time when I spray tan, and the winter when I generally speaking don't and look like a ghoul.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Corina1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in matte porcelaine delicate 1, I think the lightest color they had. I have very oily, acne-prone skin and I often have issues with makeup wearing off and caking up. This shade covered all my redness. The finish is is really pretty. If I wear it over foundation I look flawless, but natural. If I wear it only over sunscreen, it gives a mediem coverage and still looks matte.

The coverage seems to last about half way through my day. It does not do much of anything for shine. My redness doesn't show through, but I have to reapply every 3ish hours to de-shine. It does not get cakey though! I love the sleek little compact, although it applies nicer with a brush. It's very powdery smelling, but doesn't bother me.

I love the finish of this, but would not repurchase because it's too expensive to leave me shiney. And it does not contain suncreen(which could be a positive for some).

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by IceDoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I had high hopes for this product, but am extremely disappointed :( I found a great color match for my fair skin with cool undertones, but I find this product had very little coverage and a very poor lasting power on me. It does nothing to control any shine whatsoever on me, and my skin is not oily in the least! If anything it is normal/slightly combo. I have been applying this over a cleansed, toned, and moisturized face, and while it doesn't look cakey or unnatural, it just looks kinda flat. Does nothing to brighten up my skin or really even out the skin tone much (I have very slight redness that is still very visible after applying this) I will not repurchase this product. I'm going to stick with my Holy Grail Powder Foundation Chanel Double Perfection. It is far superior to the Lancme in my opinion in every area (coverage, oil control, lasting power, etc) . If your torn between the two def go with the Chanel. It's more expensive but worth it!