September 23, 2014 | 1860 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder looks so nice on. Beautiful finish, doesn't look cakey. Really lovely. Lasts pretty well. My only problem is that the first ingredient is talc and my skin itches all over when I use it. I used it several times to make sure and it definitely was the culprit. I'm never sure how to rate a good product that just doesn't work for me, so I gave it 4. I've gone through a lot of powders trying to find one that works, I'm currently trying Laura Mercier mineral pressed powder. We'll see. My other failures (off the top of my head) include MAC MSFN, MUFE pro finish powder, and Coty airspun,

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 6:17:00 AM More reviews by FlawedAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Background: I am NW10 with serious pinky undertones and dry skin. Matte Porcelaine Delicate I is ideal for my skin tone, though Matte Porcelaine I works, this shade would be better suited to N5-10 (no pink or yellow undertones, very pale and neutral). This is actually made to be a powder foundation in consistency and application (it can be used with a wet sponge or dry). However, I use it as more of a power touch-up powder for my purse makeup bag. I don't do day touch-ups with my regular liquid or loose powder foundation (waaay to inconvenient and messy), so I wanted a powder compact that gives me some serious coverage when my foundation inevitably begins to wane. At 36, I have some skin damage, redness and general uneven tone which I like to conceal, but I just can't bring myself to do a full foundation re-do midday! Anyway, this powder offers excellent coverage and is an easy retouch over both liquid and loose powder foundation. The included puff makes for easy application. Even applied heavily it looks soft, matte and natural. It does not look "off" when used over my regular foundations either. The coverage is quite seamless in fact. The variety of shades are excellent (27), and good shade match makes a difference in the natural look of this product. It has no mineral ingredients, so it photographs very well as there are no light reflecting properties. How does it work with dry, mature skin? Surprisingly well! Though the finish isn't moisturizing or that ever elusive "dewy," it doesn't accentuate fine lines, flakes or dullness. Love it very much as a purse makeup go-to, however, sadly I won't be repurchasing. After I've sung this powder's praises you may ask why. Answer: The fragrance! Ack the fragrance! It is really strong. I can deal with a little fragrance. For example, I find the scent in my MUFE Liquid Lift noticeable at first, but totally fine (some people can't stand it). My Guerlain powders, so famously perfumed, don't bother me like the fragranced version of the Dual Finish. Man oh man, this stuff is migraine inducing. I have read a few reviews that actually list the scent as one of this product's attractions. Well, fragrance is a subjective thing. But how to describe? It is heavy in the way that a lot of older "classic" perfumes are. Think scented dusting powders from days of yore. Except it is on your face. Your nose to be specific. For a while, I simply solved the problem by getting the FF version of my powder, but it has become increasingly difficult to find my shade anywhere, even from the Lancome website. So I gave up after a migraine inducing attempt at the scented version. I am currently awaiting my MUFE Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation in 115 Pink Ivory as a replacement. Other issues: The Lancome dual finish packaging is a slim classic black compact that looks nice, but does not accommodate room for a sponge if you choose the wet application method. Other than that, at $38.00 this is an excellent quality and value product (will last easily a year with daily use) if you can find the FF version or happen to like the smell.
Update: Lancome USA has officially confirmed with that the FF version is DCed.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Nameena

This is my favorite powder foundation! I use it all the time : ) Its very silky and gives plenty of coverage, you can get light-full coverage with this depending on the ways you apply it. I personally use a puff for a medium coverage or use it as a setting powder with a powder brush if im wearing a foundation!

I am about nc5 (dead of winter - nc10 (summer) and I was matched with the lightest shade "matte porcelaine I" and its a really good match! It says its a "cool" shade online but Its more neutral in my opinion.

I tend to lean more on the dryer side of combination so this might not work well with oily girls because there is mineral oil in this foundation. But its great if you need a little extra hydration without looking powdery.

Pros:
Many shades (great color match)
LOTS of product (.67oz), great deal for your $$
Great for dry-dry/combination skin
doesnt clog my pores
sleek, beautiful packaging

cons:
May not work well with oily skins
Fragrance might be irritating to some

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by ccarlino

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I did not have good results with Lancome's Dual Finish Versatile. I have mature skin and this powder foundation did nothing to improve my appearance. I purchased Buff which was the closest to my medium fair, cool undertone, but not a perfect match. After several hours, my face appeared ashen, pale and chalky even with blush. This foundation also emphasized my pores and marionette lines despite using a good moisturizer under for slip. Returned to Macy's after two days with my receipt.

Packaging: Plastic square compact which is OK, but comes with a flimsy, thin round sponge.

Possibly a good product for those with younger skin (20s-40s) as light foundation or a touch up powder but definitely not for older, dry, mature skin as a foundation alone.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by kkate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this about 6 years ago but switched to mineral makeup when that became hot. I recently went on an extended trip and didn't want to bring brushes with me, so I bought one of these again. I think I love it more than before and I am wondering why I switched! It is easy to use and provides excellent coverage that can be built up. It's very lightweight so you don't look like you are wearing powder. It's perfect for touchups throughout the day. For oily skin like mine, it's very mattifying. I have never used this as a liquid so I cannot attest how well it works as one. Definitely going to keep buying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation when I was looking for a finishing powder to wear over top of my foundation (Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24h in 210 Buff N) that I love so much and I tried a few brands of powder and they just weren't right in finish or in color.
Since I had such a perfect match with the Ultra 24h, and I have been so happy with it, I figured I could find the same color in a Lancôme powder.

After a lot of experimenting I found a perfect match with Matte Clair II and I love using this powder, both as a finishing powder and on its own as a foundation powder! It gives me that smooth finish I was looking for and it controls my oily skin really well.
The packaging is fine, although I never use the sponges provided so I just find them useless.

My only complaint is the color changes - why did Lancôme have to change all of the colors or color names between their products? I love this product (and the Teint Idole Ultra 24hr) and I can't see myself switching to anything else anytime soon, but I took one lippie off for the color changing within Lancôme because in my opinion they are just confusing their customers and I don't understand the reasoning for it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by anabelleleighs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my all time favorite foundation. I wear the Matte Buff 2, and it's a perfect match for my skin. I have oily skin with big pores and don't generally see a shine for 3 or 4 hours after application. I too agree that $38 seems expensive initially, but it's about twice as large (.62oz) as many comparable powders. Considering that I can use this as a foundation and powder in one, I definitely think it's worth the cost. I've tried many other brands and haven't found any that covers as well without being cakey or shiny.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by CaityEM

This product is so amazing I actually decided to make an account on Makeup Alley just to review it. It deserves to be raved about! I have had difficulties finding a perfect skin makeup product, and besides my Chanel vita lumiere foundation, everything has been too much/not enough coverage, bad-buildup, too orange, too pink, not lasting on my oily-combo skin etc etc...... well this powder is none of those things and will be PERMANENTLY in my makeup bag. Thank you Lancome!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunci

Stinks. Literally smells like your grandmother. Makes pores look huge. Not cool.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by xsabrinax

it's very small, but it lasts quite a long time . If you have oily or combination skin you will start to get oily in the first 4 or 5 hours depending on if it's hot or not. If you sweat it will come off. It works very well on making my face looking matte and I really like it. I would buy this again, when I get the money. It is $38 at sephora. which is a little expensive, but it works well! so all in all very good.