October 24, 2014 | 1641 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Diorissimo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2012 3:02:00 AM More reviews by Fleurine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Dior Diorissimo is my go-to pretty princess scent. From 1956, she is very much a product of her wholesome, innocent era. She goes well with pearls and a sweater set.
Warning, you may be accidentally transformed into a princess you want when you wear her. Princess Diana, Princess Grace,
This fragrance is an obvious choice for a spring or summer wedding scent.
Princess Diorissimo is a green lily of the valley soliflore with jasmine, ylang ylang and frangipani and it is HEADY heady heady, so beware.
I find Diorrissimo somewhat perfumier than other great muguets (such as the most recent Guerlain, and CdG Lily), but the perfumey aspect allows Diorissimo to across as slightly more formal and polished. The dry down, however, is entirely muguet.
Now, the more you research this scent, the more you will hear about how Diorrissimo has suffered in reformulation, and I would not doubt it. Although I have the modern EdT, and have no trouble wearing it. I would recommend at least sampling the vintage Parfum to anyone interested in exploring the LOTV note. A treasured fragrance to me, in my top 5 always.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Diorissimo is one of the most beautiful, ladylike perfumes I've ever smelled. It's just lovely. Fresh, lush, clean and elegant. You stand up straighter wearing this, speak clearer and just feel amazingly proper. At least I do! I love Diorissimo after a bath, before an important meeting (just a tad mind you) and definitely when I want to feel impressive. It's a daytime fragrance that makes me happy and feel very confident. Note that there is a little sharpeness (even shrillness) in this scent.. that makes it a little heady. I do like it. However, in the newer version that can be purchased today at Saks Fifith Avenue. New, reformulatied Diorissimo has an, uber-shrillness that is so sharpe that it makes my head feel like an ice-pick jammed thru my eye socket.. i.e. headache inducing. Pass on the new (unless you like pain) and only go for the older vintage versions.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by jennadee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

They reformulated this perfume in 2009 because of new rules in the EU and US regarding the listing of ingredients. There is no true lily of the valley in this, as LOTV is very poisonous. I won't go into that here, but basically there's nothing Dior can do about this. The rules have to do with allergens. My thinking is, if you're allergic to it, don't wear it, but I don't make the rules. Google search "diorissimo reformulations" for more information.

I have been wearing the EDT of the new formulation for about a year and recently purchased the Parfum from Saks. The EDT doesn't last very long but still smells fresh as spring. The parfum, as you would expect, is darker, muskier, and not as green. I love it. It smells more like the version of the EDP i bought in 2001, which I left in a hotel room :(

The parfum is very expensive, $140 for 15ml, but worth it. If I layer the parfum and the EDT then it really seems to have more staying power. I have uploaded a photo of the two bottles I have. I was freaked out when I saw how tiny the parfum was, but you really don't need very much! (and I am wearing Chanel's new Graphite nail polish in the photo.)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2011 9:46:00 AM More reviews by OVincze

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am guessing that I have a vintage version of this as it appears from the bottle and mine is the Esprit de Parfum. Diorissimo is something I loved when growing up and something I love just as much now. I was sooo thrilled to receive a bottle of this as a gift. I think the EDP is heavier, less green but more musky, which is just perfect for me, it fits my taste perfectly. I adore lily of the valley and this is the best lily of the valley I have ever smelled but no wonder, Dior has made some outstanding fragrances. While I find so many of the classics old lady like, Diorissimo is surely not like that at all, not even the EDP version I have but this one is heavy enough to even wear in the cold weather. I am so happy to have one of these famed classics, one I actually love and can use because it is modern enough but yet brings back so many wonderful memories. Now just have to make sure not to overuse it in case I cannot buy it ever again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 6:31:00 AM More reviews by Csarina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I started wearing Diorissimo about 25 years ago. My mother loved it ssooo much I bought it for her, and it became HERS. I smell it now and close my eyes and she is there. She has been gone for 12 years, and this is the perfume I put on when I need some Mum time. I like it for myself as well. I think it smells first off of Lilac and Lily of the Valley. It just seems to mute off a bit then, and in the evening it is lingering florals. When I wear it someone always comments on it. I think it smelled nicer in the olden (!) days though, maybe more Lily of the Valley than now. Or maybe everything smelled nicer, tasted nicer, looked nicer then!! I love perfumes that bring me back, and this is one of them. Lots of other perfumes do it too. Other reviews. All in all this is a perfect floral, classy, classc fragrance. No nasties.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Toom_Snoopy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is review of Les Creations de Monsieur Dior

It's very natural smell.It starts with ylang-ylang then quickly changes into jasmine TRUE JASMINE! fresh,green,pure.If you're jasmine lovers,you'll surely fall in love.Maybe it's mixed with lily of the valley but I can't separate it because both flowers are beautiful green scent.I can't detect any musk or spicy just frsh flowers.It's great to find natural not synthetic or artificial scent in perfume market.I give TRUE JASMINE for Diorissimo and TRUE ROSE for Paul Smith Rose.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Ellen214

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've worn Diorissimo since 1992 when I first encountered it on a French friend of mine. I've flirted with other scents since then (Joy, Eau d'Issey, Hermes' Un Jardin Sure Le Nil, etc.) - but always returned within several months to Diorissimo.

Sadly, I find the new formula a poor imitation and have stopped buying it. When I bought my first bottle of the new formula from Saks in NYC, I returned it because I though it had gone bad. When the replacement smelled just as "off", I went back to Saks only to learn about the reformulation.

If anyone from Dior reads these things, please, please, please bring the original back. I have found nothing in the past few years to replace it with and am currently going fragrance-free. Except for the occasional fling, I wore Diorissimo every day for over a decade.

I've rated the new Diorissimo's price as expensive, but would be happy to pay the same amount or more for the original formula.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by ul28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only fragance I have finished and repurchased. Last time I was 17 years old and so excited to buy something with a Christian Dior label smelling gorgeously like jasmine. I remember how simply pretty and feminine, and grown up it made me feel... (canīt help smiling, oh, has it rained since then ;) !!! 21 years later I still feel simply pretty, feminine, and a little bit young, smelling gorgeously like jasmine...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by foe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like lilies of the valley. I'm from the east coast USA and, while I don't seem to have any particular scent memories of the flower, I always loved to see those little white flower bells on their green stems. I miss them now that I'm out on the west coast and have been looking for a fragrance to capture their smell.

I first tried reformulation Diorissimo in both the EDT and the EDP (at least I seem to remember an EDP?). A while back now. And I thought, "Oh, pretty" and quickly forgot all about it. I couldn't tell you what the scent was - I remember it being floral but not necessarily all that reminiscent of lily of the valley.

But now that I've scored some vintage Diorissimo EDT in the houndstooth packaging, I'm singing a different tune, let me tell you. Vintage Diorissimo is quite simply exquisite. Such a true, clear lily of the valley. The top notes are just as true-to-life as the Van Cleef & Arpels Muguet Blanc (which I also adore but now feel less compelled to purchase for an arm and a leg since I have my Diorissimo). I also prefer the drydown to Muguet Blanc's; somehow Diorissimo manages to keep the lily of the valley alive and well whereas Muguet Blanc seems to dry down into some kind of faintly woody thing. My only quibble is that it's not as long-lasting as I would hope - but it's an EDT.

Also, I now understand what everyone is saying about perfumer Edmond Roudnitska's genius in pairing lily of the valley with civet. Diorissimo always smells lady-like but there is just a hint of naughtiness to her.

EDITED 04/19/2011 to take out some sexual innuendo that I didn't realize was against MUA rules - sorry, guys!

9 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by djr0125

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like Diorissimo a lot, but some of us pick up a fetid note on jasmine (even the real flower) that has a transient undercurrent of something rotting. It smells good, then a slightly rotten note is encountered shortly afterwards, and then the "bad meat" smell disappears and the beautiful jasmine breaks through again.

Knowing that the way we detect fragrance has a huge genetic component, I shrug off the fact that all jasmines (in all perfumes) have that effect on my olfactory sense, and wait until that wears off and the lily of the valley comes through, anchored by the Jasmine.