April 18, 2014 | 1341 users online

Loose Powders - New York Color - loose translucent powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by e12345

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wasn't expecting much when I bought this, considering it's only $2 at Walmart, but it was above and beyond what I thought it would be. It lasts me a couple months and does wonderfully to combat shine! It doesn't last more than a few hours, I think because I touch my face a lot, but it's not a problem to touch it up. I use the sponge included to press the powder into my extra-shiny areas, then use a brush to dust it across the rest of my face. Definitely won't be changing to another product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Shelbsca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I cannot believe how awesome this loose powder is. I have tried so many loose powders, only to have them wear off in only a few hours and not do well enough at oil/shine control. I thought that perhaps loose powders just didn't work for me and I should just stick with pressed powders. Until I found this one!

Even after hours, it barely fades. I usually reapply after around 7 hours, but in all honesty I could probably wait 8 or 9 before reapplying. But minimal wearing-off does start to occur around 7 hours or so. By wearing off I mean the unwanted shine starts to come back.

Besides it's superior staying power, the finish of this loose powder is flawless and just what I was looking for. What I was looking for was something that offered decent coverage but still allowed my natural skin to show through. (I've noticed that look is hard to achieve with pressed powder) This does exactly that- evens out my skin tone, a little goes a long way. I love how this loose powder can be used for a dewy or matte look, it's so versatile! It provides just enough shine control to make my face not look oily, but does let my natural skin breathe. The look is never powdery, chalky, too matte, etc. I get a very luminous, flawless, natural look from this powder whether I'm going for a dewy or matte look.

Just remember to slowly and lightly shake the powder into the cap for putting your brush into, because a lot comes out all at once. But it's easy to work around. It also seems like it could leak/spill easily so I make sure to store this upright and not in a travel bag. If you travel a lot, this isnt' for you.

Perfect for anytime, all the time. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by breeolvera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Translucent powders are one of the things I collect. Don't buy mac prep and prime when you can buy this! It feels very smooth and will last about 6 hours. They even have a matching compact for touch ups. I love everything about it except for the packaging! Wow this stuff can get messy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

My favorite powder ever. How I use this is by taking a powder puff dipping in powder then press onto my skin. By doing this its being packed into the foundation therefor doing a better job setting your foundation and staying perfect all day. I never have to touch up, or do i get a powdery finish. I use it over cover girl 3 in 1 (amazing foundation) together you get a beautiful flawless shine free finish for hours. The price is amazing $2.99 at Walmart and you get a ton of product. Only issues are alot of product fall out from the holes and the puff that comes with it is useless. But those are not good enough reasons to loose a lipstick or not purchase it. It's just to great of a powder.
And I'm going to be extremely angry is this product if discontinued.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by jfery14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First off, this has to be hands down the worst packaging I've ever purchased. The lid comes off so easily and when I travel I have to carry it in a plastic bag. It just flies everywhere! :( I used this powder with Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation (I'm the shade "buff") and I used it for such a long time. Now I'm finally accepting that this might be the reason for the white cast on my already pale face and creasing in my smile lines (I'm in high school, that's not supposed to happen yet!). It's a very good amount of powder for such a low price but the cons outweigh the pros for me unfortunately :( Now I will be trying the Touch Up Veil by Bare Escentuals and hopefully that looks nicer!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by BunkysPrincess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great loose powder.Does what it needs to do at a low price.I would recommend using a shade one level darker than your skin tone

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by eunchii16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have oily skin, so I needed something that would do some shine control. This powder did set my foundation well but made it look really cakey. Also it made my skin oilier than it was before. It's cheap and good works okay for its price, but didn't really accomplish what I needed it to.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Cat0727

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Was looking for a cheap alternative to bareMinerals Mineral Veil, and the verdict is still up in the air on this. The packaging, like others have said, is awful. Powder gets everywhere so be careful- definitely cover all but 3 wholes and keep it in a ziploc bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by emmurtagh

I first read about this product on makeupalley and could hardly believe that it was recommended at all. I guess I always assumed that NYC stuff was super cheap and crappy. However, after reading some reviews and realizing that it was less than $3, I figured it was worth a shot.

Oh my word. It is such a great translucent powder! I can still hardly believe that it is made by NYC and is so cheap. I use it over top of my make-up to set everything, and it does the job perfectly! I have pretty good skin overall, but I do have some areas of uneven skin tones. It evenly covers and gives my skin a great, finished look (without looking powdery). I have the translucent powder and I really do love it. I say I would buy it again, but there is so much powder in the container, I'm more than positive it will last me the rest of my life.

If you're not careful, the powder can get everywhere. Just be careful when you pack it up to travel and when you first open it. Hey, for a great $3 powder, I don't even mind the packaging.

I recommend this powder highly, and and super impressed by the results and the low price!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Monseter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Super cheap but this powder is definitely not down with us pizza faced ladies.

Wore it a couple of times but my skin got really oily and it didn't cause full blown cystic acne but it did cause whiteheads.