New York Color Smooth Skin loose powder - Translucent

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product; especially for the price I got it at ($2.79 at Walmart). Because I am new to translucent powders and I wanted to see if these powders was for me, I decided to give this one a go and I am glad I did! This powder can be worn alone or used to set foundation. I usually wear it alone and I find that this powder keeps me matte for the whole day. I use a kabuki brush to apply this powder and not the sponge that comes with the product, because I find that a lot of the powder gets stuck in the sponge and the product gets wasted. I really don't like the packaging, but I can't expect more from such an inexpensive product.

on 12/7/2013 11:38:00 PM

I purchased this product when I ran out of the NYC pressed translucent powder and it was out of stock. Great amount of product for the price. I'm not a huge fan of loose powder because I find it can be messy and pressed powders are so much easier to just throw in your bag for touch-ups during the day. Overall a good, cheap loose powder.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a really great powder for the price! I am new to loose powders and I wanted to try a cheap one to see if I liked it or not. It keeps me matte just as long, if not longer than other powders that I have tried and I have had not noticed a white cast or anything like that. The packaging is kind of terrible but I wouldn't expect it to be any better for such an inexpensive product.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This powder is terrible:( I was left with a cakey, powdery, grey cast (for reference I am an NC35, olive skin yellow undertones). Just skip this powder if your looking for something "translucent" head right on over the E.L.F. display and pick up the HD powder it's much more forgiving and milled more finely.

on 7/12/2013 1:49:00 PM

I like this product overall, I love the matte look it gives me when I use it to set my foundation. What is annoying though is the packaging, it's not a screw lid so if you drop it all the product might fly out everywhere. I also noticed that the powder is very fine and it can get pretty messy if you shake too hard..

This is a great powder. It keeps my face matte for a pretty long time. The only thing I don't like is the packaging. The packaging is terrible. If the container turns to the side or upside down for one second, all of the powder comes through the sift thingy out to the top. So when I open it the powder goes everywhere. But besides that I love this stuff.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this for a few years now and just love it. I bought it as a cheaper option to my Laura Mercier powder, for days when I was just running to the store (for example). The packaging isn't great, but if you have an enormous velour powder puff, as I do, then it's just fine. I have a very large velour powder puff by Estee Lauder that I bought at the outlets; it's too large to fit into the lid and sits separately in my makeup drawer. But because it's so wide, I just hold it against the top and turn the whole jar upside down, shaking powder on. Then I slather it onto my skin to set my foundation. It doesn't change the color of my face too much, it's silky, it absorbs oil, and it's crazy cheap. I have bought this several times over and have recommended it to friends.

on 4/30/2013 10:23:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I wasn't expecting much when I bought this, considering it's only $2 at Walmart, but it was above and beyond what I thought it would be. It lasts me a couple months and does wonderfully to combat shine! It doesn't last more than a few hours, I think because I touch my face a lot, but it's not a problem to touch it up. I use the sponge included to press the powder into my extra-shiny areas, then use a brush to dust it across the rest of my face. Definitely won't be changing to another product.

on 4/25/2013 5:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I cannot believe how awesome this loose powder is. I have tried so many loose powders, only to have them wear off in only a few hours and not do well enough at oil/shine control. I thought that perhaps loose powders just didn't work for me and I should just stick with pressed powders. Until I found this one!

Even after hours, it barely fades. I usually reapply after around 7 hours, but in all honesty I could probably wait 8 or 9 before reapplying. But minimal wearing-off does start to occur around 7 hours or so. By wearing off I mean the unwanted shine starts to come back.

Besides it's superior staying power, the finish of this loose powder is flawless and just what I was looking for. What I was looking for was something that offered decent coverage but still allowed my natural skin to show through. (I've noticed that look is hard to achieve with pressed powder) This does exactly that- evens out my skin tone, a little goes a long way. I love how this loose powder can be used for a dewy or matte look, it's so versatile! It provides just enough shine control to make my face not look oily, but does let my natural skin breathe. The look is never powdery, chalky, too matte, etc. I get a very luminous, flawless, natural look from this powder whether I'm going for a dewy or matte look.

Just remember to slowly and lightly shake the powder into the cap for putting your brush into, because a lot comes out all at once. But it's easy to work around. It also seems like it could leak/spill easily so I make sure to store this upright and not in a travel bag. If you travel a lot, this isnt' for you.

Perfect for anytime, all the time. Highly recommend.

on 4/6/2013 12:57:00 PM

Translucent powders are one of the things I collect. Don't buy mac prep and prime when you can buy this! It feels very smooth and will last about 6 hours. They even have a matching compact for touch ups. I love everything about it except for the packaging! Wow this stuff can get messy.