April 16, 2014 | 933 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Born Lippy Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by susiej

Super fruity. The scent reminds me of starburst sweets. I actually sometimes just get a craving to smell this lip balm for how juicy it is. I have Pink Guava. There can hardly be a girl in the UK who hasn't had one of these lip balms at some point in their life. I remember them being super popular when I was at school.

Pink Guava is pretty much transparent with the lightest pink tint.
I actually really like the consistency of this product and I do find it hydrating as well. It's sort of gloopy but no where near as tacky as some products. It doesn't do that awful gloop thing where you can see the product sticking to itself on the lips when they open/close.

I know some people are reporting a sensitivity to it- it contains lanolin which some people can't tolerate and also the heavy fragrance probably doesn't agree with a lot of people. But for me, it's great! Using it overnight leaves my lips soft and in great condition.

It's only 2, which is hardly anything these days. Vaseline costs as much.

Oh I should also add that I actually find the viscosity of this balm just right to be a great 'mixer' for other lip products. Revlon's Nude Attitude matte lipstick (which is notorious for showing up dry spots, looking dodgy) actually goes so well with this balm for a gorgeous nude lip.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by lachrymist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have the strawberry one and it smells AAAAAAAHHHHHMAZING, but that's it. For a lip balm its performance was mediocre if not below average, and for the scent and the price I could totally deal with that. BUT it gave me a terrible allergic reaction with peeling and bumps and it was just a nightmare. I do have sensitive lips that peel like crazy when I encounter crappy lipsticks, but I have never had such a serious reaction to any lip balm I have tried (from chapstick to high end).
Don't get it at all (not like it's a good lip balm anyway), especially the ladies with sensitive lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by fatimarasheed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It smells amazing and looks amazing however it doesnt stay on as long as i would want to. the price was good and so was the packaging. the balm is slightly moisturizing. I liked it and would suggest it to others.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by Sunkissed101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this little thingy tucked in a drawer, collecting dust and being all depressing.
So, I popped the cap and smoothed on a layer of the watermelon flavor, a sheer, pinky gloss. It was surprising thick, not sticky, but thick, and smooth like butter.
The smell was pleasant enough, like watermelon-flavored gum, but it wasn't long before my lips began to peel and get dryer and dryer with every application.
I've had this stuff when I was a kid, pretty cray, right?
And, yes, it does give you a delectable, tasty shine, but it makes your lips soooo dry! It'd only good for playing with when you're a little kiddy, not to become a staple or must-have of any other woman's makeup bag.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by feliciatjk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this lippy when i was 10, and i got the strawberry one. It does moisturising but slowly fades after 30 minutes or so. It gives me a hint of reddish pink color that looks transparent on your lips, and of course a bit glossy effect. I adore the scent, but when i accidentally licked the balm, the taste is 'oh-so-terrible'. Now i have been using a half jar of it and never touched it again, since i tend to lick my lips everytime.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by cellara

So I have two of these in the pot form. Raspberry and watermelon.
I really love the smell of both, almost like ring pop candy flavors. They are quite sweet but not too overpowering which I really like. I'm really happy with the effectiveness of these. They last long on my lips and they are super creamy and smooth. In the summer I use them on their own but in the winter I usually wear something stronger underneath them. I don't really love the pot but I always have sanitizer for my hands with me so its not that big of a deal. I f you ever have any problems with flaking lips however, I suggest a soft tooth brush with a bit of lipbalm on your lips and brushing them softly for a few minutes. Home made lip scrubs also work well.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2012 7:59:00 AM More reviews by simpson945

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

smells cute, cute little pot, zero hydrating power, actually a little greasy,price not justified.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2012 8:07:00 AM More reviews by clarissaaa

I want to love it but every time i use it my lips start to chap. It dry out my lips a lot, I purchased 3 variant but all of them do that same thing, it's non sticky and quiet moisturizing, smells great, has beautiful color, sadly maybe this isn't a product for me :( the packaging is not that nice, you must use your finger to get into the product, a lil bit unhygienic but I personally love the design, really cute :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by roomie97

one of my most favorite lip balms! :) it smells so nice and sweet that i cannot stop using it! i smells like really really sugary and matured strawberry that it drives me nuts. the only downside of this product is that it can get quite dirty with germs from my fingers because i have to DIP my finger into the balm to get it on my fingers. other than that, the packaging is quite ok! i love this lip balm and i have used up 3 already, and about to get my 4th born lippy lip balm!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by colorfulstrawberry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's annoying that you have to apply from the container with your finger, so bacteria and germs get into the container. I love the scents, but I keep it at home and don't use it on the run, since it's not very hygienic. It did moisturize my lips but i felt, like it didn't absorb. But, because of the ah-mazing scent, I would buy it again. If you have chapped lips, this won't help very much.