October 25, 2014 | 867 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Born Lippy Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by poppycherie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this when body shop was having a sale, so I got it at a great price (50% off?). Firstly, the smell is amazing! I have it in raspberry, and although some of my friends have told me the smell is too over-powering, I personally love it :) The berry colour does show up slightly on my lips, because I am naturally pale. I also really love how chic the tiny pot looks!

But as much as the pot is cute, I'm not a fan of pot lip balm because I find it pretty unhygienic to use my fingers all the time, I also can't get as much product onto my lips as I would like.

I must admit that the moisturising power of this lip balm isn't quite there, and I use it more for the scent plus tint of colour. I have tried using this as a base for my lip colour and I find the colour still doesn't go on very smoothly. The lip colour also dries out sometimes (which doesn't happen when I use other lip balms).

I am kind of a "lipbalm hopper" so I don't really stick with one brand. Since a lip balm should largely moisturise my lips, born lippy doesn't really do much of that albeit its delectable scent. I also find myself leaving this lip balm lying around for quite a bit, because I can't find much use for it on a daily basis. Hence, I'm unlikely to get it again!

Hope this helps! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Pumpk1npie

This smells so amazing!!!! I have all 5 flavours, they all smell like gelatin cubes!!! They're fruity and fun In bright, attractive colours, and I loved how on first use they had a moist, jelly like feel - it didn't take a lot of rubbing to wear into the surface which allowed me to build up a lot of product on my finger quickly. However, I didn't find this particularly moisturising, and I found myself going back to my Vaseline for moisture in my lips. It's a pity, but I would definitely buy this again to use as a fruity lip gloss, and the strawberry flavour even provided some colour! Though if you're going to buy this simply for moisture, I would suggest trying something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by bluedestructionx

I like how it moisturizes and gives my lips a glossy look. It's not sticky either so that's a plus for me. The packaging is definitely unhygienic. I got it as a gift but I would not pay $6 (regular price) for it. The Body Shop has a lot of 50% off sales so I'd get it then rather than regular price. I'd buy the product again if the packaging was better.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by ChubbyBunny3698

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product isn't the best lip balm I have used, however considering the natural ingredients, anti-animal testing and the delicious smell, I will only gave this a resonable score of 2 lippies. I bought a couple of different flavour version of TBS Born Lippy in Pink Guava, Strawberry and Watermelon. At first from looking at the balm, I thought it would give a slight tint, but it gives more of a glossy/balmy lipgloss finish like most lipbalms. However, for the moisturizing factor, this lip balm does not live to its claim, in fact the lip balm absorb into my lips very quick and doesn't even leave a little bit of moisture on my lip. Worst of all, this product dries out my lips, making it more thristy for more.

Scent:
The scent of the lip balm smells divine, however, if you are expecting a genuine, true scent of the fruit, then I'm sorry.

Packaging:
To be honest, I wish TBS made this lip balms in stick form a bit more earlier, maybe then, I would give a bit more higher rating for this lip balm. It comes in an adorable, plastic tube with a scew lid, each tub holds 10ml of the product. Even though I never even finished at least a quarter of the tube, I think this tube could possibly last me for at least a year or half.

Ingredients:
Ricinus communis (Castor Oil), Lanolin, Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax, Aroma, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Hydrogenated Castor Oil), Silica, Benzyl Benzoate, Citrullus vulgaris (Citrullus Vulgaris (Watermelon) Seed Oil), Tocopheryl Acetate, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Benzyl Alcohol, Tocopherol, Methyl 2-Octynoate, CI 77891, CI 19140, CI 15850

Price: AUS$7.95
Repurchase: I don't think so, sorry even though my nose likes you, but my lips don't.
Happy Shopping, hope you find this helpful.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by BananaTree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a few of these as a birthday gift from a friend.
I'm not a fan of the case, because you have to use your fingers and it could gather germs. And the lip balm itself doesn't do much for moisturizing or protecting your lips.

However, it's just a really fun lip balm! It smells and tastes amazing, very fruity, and adds a decent shine to your lips. All the boys in the classes used to start sniffing the air around them when I get this out to reapply during class. Then it became a tradition for them to just pass my lip balm around and smell it, and get lip-balm-high ( This popular lip balm is the Mango Peach, by the way )

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by susiej

Super fruity. The scent reminds me of starburst sweets. I actually sometimes just get a craving to smell this lip balm for how juicy it is. I have Pink Guava. There can hardly be a girl in the UK who hasn't had one of these lip balms at some point in their life. I remember them being super popular when I was at school.

Pink Guava is pretty much transparent with the lightest pink tint.
I actually really like the consistency of this product and I do find it hydrating as well. It's sort of gloopy but no where near as tacky as some products. It doesn't do that awful gloop thing where you can see the product sticking to itself on the lips when they open/close.

I know some people are reporting a sensitivity to it- it contains lanolin which some people can't tolerate and also the heavy fragrance probably doesn't agree with a lot of people. But for me, it's great! Using it overnight leaves my lips soft and in great condition.

It's only 2, which is hardly anything these days. Vaseline costs as much.

Oh I should also add that I actually find the viscosity of this balm just right to be a great 'mixer' for other lip products. Revlon's Nude Attitude matte lipstick (which is notorious for showing up dry spots, looking dodgy) actually goes so well with this balm for a gorgeous nude lip.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by lachrymist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have the strawberry one and it smells AAAAAAAHHHHHMAZING, but that's it. For a lip balm its performance was mediocre if not below average, and for the scent and the price I could totally deal with that. BUT it gave me a terrible allergic reaction with peeling and bumps and it was just a nightmare. I do have sensitive lips that peel like crazy when I encounter crappy lipsticks, but I have never had such a serious reaction to any lip balm I have tried (from chapstick to high end).
Don't get it at all (not like it's a good lip balm anyway), especially the ladies with sensitive lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by fatimarasheed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It smells amazing and looks amazing however it doesnt stay on as long as i would want to. the price was good and so was the packaging. the balm is slightly moisturizing. I liked it and would suggest it to others.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by Sunkissed101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this little thingy tucked in a drawer, collecting dust and being all depressing.
So, I popped the cap and smoothed on a layer of the watermelon flavor, a sheer, pinky gloss. It was surprising thick, not sticky, but thick, and smooth like butter.
The smell was pleasant enough, like watermelon-flavored gum, but it wasn't long before my lips began to peel and get dryer and dryer with every application.
I've had this stuff when I was a kid, pretty cray, right?
And, yes, it does give you a delectable, tasty shine, but it makes your lips soooo dry! It'd only good for playing with when you're a little kiddy, not to become a staple or must-have of any other woman's makeup bag.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by feliciatjk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this lippy when i was 10, and i got the strawberry one. It does moisturising but slowly fades after 30 minutes or so. It gives me a hint of reddish pink color that looks transparent on your lips, and of course a bit glossy effect. I adore the scent, but when i accidentally licked the balm, the taste is 'oh-so-terrible'. Now i have been using a half jar of it and never touched it again, since i tend to lick my lips everytime.