E.L.F. Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Sodium Dehydroacetate. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492 CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007).

on 6/20/2015 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I don't think I've ever been disappointed by any E.L.F. products yet. Makeup is always so pigmented at amazingly cheap prices.

The blush is great. Gives me a pink healthy glow.

The bronzing powder is very dark. Which is great but use modestly. Haven't used the bronzing powder much b/c I'm always nervous to look fake or cake too much on without realizing.

Overall, great stuff. Would buy again.

I got this in St Lucia as a dupe for Nars' Orgasm/Laguna combo. I bought one in Antigua for a friend before this, and was really impressed with the colour payoff. You even had to tap off excess powder every time you pick it up with a brush!

Sadly, this wasn't the case for St Lucia. The colours are really pretty, but the pigmentation and staying power were abysmal. It was so sheer, and I'm not even talking about the buildable kind. After an hour or so, the blush faded, leaving a slight shimmer in its wake. It would make a good highlighter, I suppose, but glitter isn't really my thing. The same goes for the bronzer - you could hardly tell it was there after dusting it on your face. Personally, I feel that I was just one of the unfortunate ones who received an invalid, because all the other reviews out there says otherwise.

I liked the packaging, though. It is sleek and matte black, which I have a soft spot for. I've dropped it quite a few times and it's stayed intact.

on 5/31/2015 11:18:00 PM

I recently purchased this item in St Lucia to see what the hype was about.
Well fellas, the hype is real!

The bronzer is so gorgeous that i want to wear it every day this summer! comparing it to my other bronzers i would have to say it is a more glamorous version of the too faced sun bunny bronzer. When swatched, its a little more orange and shimmery than sun bunny, but it looks gorgeous on the face and blends like a dream (even blends better than my too faced chocolate soleil)! I would never contour with a shimmery bronzer, but this is an exception. It gives such a wonderful glow to the face!

Only downfall is the blush. Shimmery isn't even the word, its more like chunks of glitter. I couldn't even use it as a highlight because i would look like a disco ball. Which is a shame because the color is so pretty. I tend to dust a little on my neck and shoulders for a little glow when I'm going to the beach. Doesn't change my opinion on the product, its wonderful and i will continue to purchase! Looking forward to purchasing fiji next (:

on 5/24/2015 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This contour is just too orange. Contours are supposed to mimic shadows and shadows aren't orange. Pretty useless to me but great packaging.

on 5/21/2015 2:15:00 PM

I really like St. Lucia contour kit for the color and price. I think it has just the right amount of shimmer. I don't even touch my NARS Orgasm because it makes my pores look like craters! I use the blush part of this right on the top of my cheekbones and it really lifts! The bronzer part works great for contour. You can use it heavy or light handed. I usually use the contour first and then apply my Laura Mercier mineral foundation as this technique blends it nicely, then top it with the blush. It's pretty much all I wear for my everyday look with mascara and my eyebrows filled it, and some lip gloss. Done!
The other kit is Antigua which I bought and gave away. Way too much sparkle for someone my age but I would have loved the pink without so much sparkle. This is a great value! And ELF is cruelty free!

on 5/19/2015 5:56:00 PM

This product is very nice. I have the st. lucia one. I like the blush better than the bronzer side. The blush is a light shimmery pink. The bronzer is more on the orangey side so I don't contour with it but instead just warm up my face. This duo is pigmented so becareful (nc25). Its a very good product but I can live without it. Packaging is sturdy and comes with a big mirror. One of the pans popped out, nothing major I just hot glued it back on. I recommend this to anyone that wants to give this a try but especially to beginners or those who don't want to spend too much on makeup since its a nice product that works for only $3.

on 4/7/2015 12:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this in St Lucia. I'm going to order the matte combo in my next ELF haul. The St. Lucia blush doesn't show well on my skin. The contouring powder has some small sparkles in it though, so I want to get the matte shade for contouring.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have this in the popular St. Lucia. I really like the colour of the blush, which reminds me somewhat of Nars Deep Throat. It's a pretty good product for the price, but I find that its staying power isn't very long. I don't use the bronzer at all, because it's just straight up too dark (and this is the lightest of the bronzers in these sets). Overall a decent product, but would be better off buying one of the elf studio blush singles.

on 2/25/2015 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this to give contouring a try but the pigments are just much too dark for my skin, no matter how little I use or how much I blend, it is just too dark.

on 2/25/2015 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wish I could love these, but I just kinda like them. I find myself reaching for the $3 single blushes instead. The main reason being that I don't want glitter on my face. Both the blush and the bronzer have so much sparkle that I look ridiculous. Once the color fades, I'm left with just the sparkle. No thank you. And seriously, no bronzer, or contour if you want to use it that way, should ever have glitter in it. I'm trying to look like me, but better, not like I'm 19 going out to a club for the night.

Video Reviews & Tutorials