July 29, 2014 | 2005 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Studio Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 5:47:00 AM More reviews by adrenirushxaudri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I seem to get in a mascara rut from time to time. I find one I like, I use it up, and then even if it's great, I want something new. This was the case that lead me to purchase this mascara. I found it at Target for $3 - no loss, but a great gain. I love this mascara. (Fleeting or not, I'll use this one up and quite possibly repurchase!) It's from the Studio line, so the packaging is basic, black, and kinda strange for a mascara, as the wand is short but it's attached to a much longer, squared off "handle." That's the only reason this mascara isn't a five-for-five. The handle is difficult to rotate, but otherwise, it'll do. The brush is one of the old-school spiral bristle wands that I enjoy. After applying, I get just enough length, just enough volume to not be a spider-lash looking thing. It gives a gorgeous light doll-lash look that's great for day-time but with a second coat, I'm ready for a smokey eye. Wear is nice, too, no flaking through the humidity, no running. I don't know how well it stands up to water, but sweat and smoke are no match. I plan on enjoying the rest of the mascara and buying it again (lest I fall into another rut, hopefully not!) For the price, it's a killer mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by KarlaMillan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really really dislike this mascara..
I left my eyelashes very clumping and thick (not in a good way)
&& it was very hard to remove..
Wont be buying this again

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by susiesdeeter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love mascaras, I am always on the hunt for a better one. This ELF lengthening and volumizing mascara just wasn't it. The brush was too stiff for me and hurts my eyes when I apply it (I DO have sensitive eyes.) It also did not do much lengthening or volumizing to my lashes. It just basically coated them in black. I did not have trouble with this mascara clumping or flaking too much. For only $3 this mascara is very reasonable. Yet, I have tried better mascaras for less then $3 (NYC.) I do like the packaging. I think it is clean lined and I like that its not a neon color like other mascaras. This product is also very hard to take off, which annoys me because I don't like standing in front of my mirror for 10 minutes rubbing my mascara off with make up remover. I would most likely not repurchase this mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently received this as part of a limited edition "Get the Look" - Day to Night collection.

I love the packaging it is very sleek, the handle is nice and long and fits nicely in your hand for ease of application.

The brush is great and gets into all the little lashes, lifts and separates each lash with no clumping.

The mascara is a little wet for my liking and takes a while to dry so be aware of that before you close your eyes and leave feathering all over your eye area. There was no clumping and my lashes remained soft and flexible as I like.

Its an OK mascara, I don't find that it lengthens or volumises any of my lashes as claimed. It didn't do anything for my lashes really.

It does stay put and I didn't notice any flaking.

I will use what I have as an everyday mascara but I would not repurchase.

I will clean and keep the brush though it is excellent.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 7:08:00 AM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

The only good comment I have about this mascara is that the packaging is sleek and sophisticated for $3. That said, this has got to be the worst mascara EVER! I wouldn't have expected so much for so little if I didn't like the mascara duo from ELF so much. This particular formula dried with clumps and I found myself blinking away flakes of it until I took it off when I got the chance later that day. Eye irritation, much? Will definitely NOT repurchase and I highly suggest you don't either.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is an absolutely terrible mascara. I bought this as part of an ELF haul but hadn't used it immediately because I was wearing brown / black mascaras for a natural daytime look, but was needing a black mascara for a dramatic smoky eye look. Anyway I remembered I had this mascara lying around unused. I wasn't expecting much because although there's some ELF products I love, I've also tried some really awful ones! First of all when I took the wand out of the packaging I noticed the mascara was very thick and clumpy looking. Because it was so clumpy I was careful only to apply a very thin layer but I can honestly say it did not lengthen my lashes at all. It did volumise my lashes a little bit, but wasn't anywhere near dramatic enough for my liking. It also smudged quite badly. The only good point is it didn't irritate my eyes, as I have quite sensitive eyes. I love the look of Max Factor False Lash Effects but unfortunately it irritates my eyes. My search for the perfect mascara continues ...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this free when ordering but from what i understand this is super cheap. My eyes are VERY sensitive to most mascaras so i didn't have hope for this one but it surprised me. No sensitivity so far, no clumps & no flakes. If i can find this outside of the website i'll deff repurchase. (doesn't matter that its not waterproof because i use a sealer anyways)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by coralred31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best mascaras I have found and it's quite mind blowing to me, as this mascara is just $3 in the US. I am a major avid mascara fan, I'm always in the search for discovering new, amazing, delivering mascaras, which is also a pain sometimes. Usually I end up with a mascara that either turns your eyelashes into a glob of squashed up mess, spidery lashes, or the mascaras that uncurl your curl. This specific E.L.F. mascara does none of the above! What I look for in a mascara is that feathery look, soft lashes, and a beautiful light refreshing curl. I have a tendency to continuing re-curl my eyelashes with my mascara curler, and alot of the times a mascara that I use is too harsh, too heavy, so the build up lands on my mascara curler. Well, not this one. I continue to re-curl my lashes, and it is still soft, nothing is left on my curler. I just really enjoy using this mascara. It may not be voluminous or dramatic, but with a couple more strokes, I'm sure I could achieve that look. Not heavy, very simple, very classy. Truly amazing. I recommend for soft, velvety lash look.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 7:19:00 AM More reviews by Icyvixen

I was so surprised to see such bad rating, wondering if this product only works on me! Though it makes my lashes look like having snowflake on the top but I use it as a 'base' for the real black mascara, so it's no problem.

Anyway, after a time using it, my lashes do improve the thick and the length, it also gets stronger because it doesn't shed anymore when I remove make up! It helps to remove the waterproof mascara with gentle.

Also, love the smell!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by sawmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm so surprised by the bad ratings. I bought it without reading about it, and I'm glad I did. The wand is a little long, which is weird, but I like the brush. It doesn't have tons of product on it since the bristles are separated more than most brushes. That works for me because other mascaras cause a lot of clumping. I find I can control this easily. And I get long lashes from it, not necessarily really thick unless I do multiple coats. I like it, and I have bought it twice. Can't beat the price. I would say I like Clinique lengthening mascara more, but I can live without out.