L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen mascara

3.4

on 12/12/2014 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love l'oreal mascara usually but not a fan of this. Have bought this twice and still not liking it. I find it clumpy and it flakes really easily. I'm gonna go back to voluminous!

on 12/5/2014 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Absolute HG mascara!!! Gives m length,volume, and an overall false lash look.

on 8/23/2014 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I swear by L'Oreal and Maybelline mascara's and would grab for anything by ether brand over expensive dept store high end mascara's any day. As I have said a gazillion times in my numerous other mascara reviews, I change out my mascara abt every 4-5 weeks and it is rare that I purchase the same mascara twice. This one though will always be in rotation for me - it's just that good.

First and foremost his is a volumizing mascara. If you are looking for volume and thickness, this is the very best I have ever tried. This will add some length but not to the extent of others out there which specialize in that specific task (I use Latesse so my lashes are already crazy long so I am more concerned with thickness). I get absolutely no clumping or "spider leg" eyes with this formula at all, which is a very rare find. And thank the lord it doesn't clump up because one thing I have found re this formula is that you cannot brush it through once dry to separate lashes. But again, there is no need to. You can layer and layer and it still looks great. I use this for daytime wear because it makes the eyes and lashes "pop" but is not too over the top.

I am always quick to say that 99.9% of the time a mascara is more about its wand than formula, but here it's a combination of both. I have tried applying this with other wands and while always impressive, it isn't as defined and separating as it is when using the original brush. There is just something about this big ole fatty brush and this voluminous collagen formulation that works well together. I was first introduced to this product by a makeup artist pal who swears by it for volume and after using it, it's a no-brainer as to why she recommended it.

on 8/23/2014 7:22:00 AM

I naturally have long lashes, so this mascara really just gives my lashes lots of volume, and its lengthens a tiny bit. doesnt flake. the brush is a really nice big wand but i will say the brush holds onto a lot of product so your eyelashes can get clumpy really quick if you dont take of the excess. before this one i use to use the carbon black loreal voluminous, and i love that one too but i noticed that this one makes my lashes so much longer.
i definitely recommend this mascara. especially if youre all about volume but if youre for length i recommend loreal telescopic.

on 3/17/2014 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I honestly have no idea why people are posting negative reviews about this mascara! I have been using it for 5 years straight and even if I am trying out something new I ALWAYS have one of these on deck! I literally get compliments about my eyelashes daily and people are constantly asking me where I gets lash extensions from - but they are always amazed when I tell them mine are completely real and my secret is this product! I seriously recommend trying it!

on 3/15/2014 11:13:00 AM

No, no. Gloppy, flaky mess. The color is fine (I have "black"), but that hardly matters since the formula is such a failure.

edit: Makes me laugh that the reviewer before me started the same way.

on 2/15/2014 4:40:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

No, no, no....so dissappointed. L'oreal usually makes great mascaras, but this isn't one of them. Dry, clumpy formula that flaked so much, not only around my eyes, but INTO my eyes, which was intensely irritating and uncomfortable! I have never had that happen with any mascara before!

on 1/27/2014 5:08:00 PM

OMG I LOOVE THIS STUFF! It is seriously the best mascara I have EVER tried! I tried to even experiment with other mascaras from Maybelline because everyone raves about their mascaras, but I feel like nothing I've tried compares to this, not even other Loreal mascaras that I've tried. I love the consistency it's not too wet and not too dry, and when I apply it to my lashes it applies so smoothly and easily. I like the wiggling and brushing up method to get really voluminous and long lashes. I personally have very short sparce eyelashes but this mascara changes that! I love it!!! I don't here many ppl talking about it but it should really get more attention because it truly is a great product!!!

on 1/26/2014 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really like this! Gives good, thick, pretty lashes - really lengthening too. My lashes dry nice and soft. I love the packaging, very chic. I will update after a day of wear - does it flake, smudge, smear?(:

on 12/6/2013 10:19:00 PM

This is one of my favorite mascaras ever. I like big, dramatic lashes, and this totally delivers that. This gives awesome length and volume, and it also really separates and fans out the lashes. I love that I can get a really dramatic effect with just two coats and I don't have to pile on layer after layer. Several times while wearing this I was asked if I had false lashes on, which to me is the ultimate compliment in regards to a mascara! And if the way this made my lashes look wasn't enough, this also never flakes or smudges. It can get clumpy if you're not careful with your application, but I've only had that happen a few times. I love the brush -- it has natural bristles, not plastic/rubber ones, and the brush is the perfect size in my opinion...a little on the bigger side, but it's not massive. Also, the formula is perfect as well -- it's not too wet and not too dry. Highly highly recommend this to anyone who likes crazy dramatic lashes everyday!