L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen mascara

3.4

on 1/4/2015 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Love this product. I purchased this after seeing a review by Shaanxo on YouTube, and I gotta say I don't regret it. The packaging is simple and cute, the formula is lightweight so you can apply more layers without feeling like your lashes are weighing you down, and I find that it doesn't clump or smudge during the day. It adds volume to my already long lashes, which is exactly what I was looking for in a mascara. I use this on my top lashes only and on my bottom lashes I use a mascara with a more precise wand that elongates them. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a cheaper mascara that adds volume and length.

on 12/20/2014 10:03:00 AM

This is by far the best mascara I have ever used. I have been using it for almost 3 years and I will not try any other mascara. Be careful when you apply it because the brush is so thick so it may clump. I just wipe off the excess off the brush on the top of the tube and it works perfectly. I would defiantly recommend it!

on 12/18/2014 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It was just ok nothing special

on 12/12/2014 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love l'oreal mascara usually but not a fan of this. Have bought this twice and still not liking it. I find it clumpy and it flakes really easily. I'm gonna go back to voluminous!

on 12/5/2014 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Absolute HG mascara!!! Gives m length,volume, and an overall false lash look.

on 8/23/2014 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I swear by L'Oreal and Maybelline mascara's and would grab for anything by ether brand over expensive dept store high end mascara's any day. As I have said a gazillion times in my numerous other mascara reviews, I change out my mascara abt every 4-5 weeks and it is rare that I purchase the same mascara twice. This one though will always be in rotation for me - it's just that good.

First and foremost his is a volumizing mascara. If you are looking for volume and thickness, this is the very best I have ever tried. This will add some length but not to the extent of others out there which specialize in that specific task (I use Latesse so my lashes are already crazy long so I am more concerned with thickness). I get absolutely no clumping or "spider leg" eyes with this formula at all, which is a very rare find. And thank the lord it doesn't clump up because one thing I have found re this formula is that you cannot brush it through once dry to separate lashes. But again, there is no need to. You can layer and layer and it still looks great. I use this for daytime wear because it makes the eyes and lashes "pop" but is not too over the top.

I am always quick to say that 99.9% of the time a mascara is more about its wand than formula, but here it's a combination of both. I have tried applying this with other wands and while always impressive, it isn't as defined and separating as it is when using the original brush. There is just something about this big ole fatty brush and this voluminous collagen formulation that works well together. I was first introduced to this product by a makeup artist pal who swears by it for volume and after using it, it's a no-brainer as to why she recommended it.

on 8/23/2014 7:22:00 AM

I naturally have long lashes, so this mascara really just gives my lashes lots of volume, and its lengthens a tiny bit. doesnt flake. the brush is a really nice big wand but i will say the brush holds onto a lot of product so your eyelashes can get clumpy really quick if you dont take of the excess. before this one i use to use the carbon black loreal voluminous, and i love that one too but i noticed that this one makes my lashes so much longer.
i definitely recommend this mascara. especially if youre all about volume but if youre for length i recommend loreal telescopic.

on 3/17/2014 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I honestly have no idea why people are posting negative reviews about this mascara! I have been using it for 5 years straight and even if I am trying out something new I ALWAYS have one of these on deck! I literally get compliments about my eyelashes daily and people are constantly asking me where I gets lash extensions from - but they are always amazed when I tell them mine are completely real and my secret is this product! I seriously recommend trying it!

on 3/15/2014 11:13:00 AM

No, no. Gloppy, flaky mess. The color is fine (I have "black"), but that hardly matters since the formula is such a failure.

edit: Makes me laugh that the reviewer before me started the same way.

on 2/15/2014 4:40:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

No, no, no....so dissappointed. L'oreal usually makes great mascaras, but this isn't one of them. Dry, clumpy formula that flaked so much, not only around my eyes, but INTO my eyes, which was intensely irritating and uncomfortable! I have never had that happen with any mascara before!

Popular Mascaras