December 19, 2014 | 1587 users online

Lip Gloss - Almay - Pure Blends Lip Gloss - All Shades

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by KatieHawk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I was in Dollar Tree and I saw this product and I thought I found a real bargain! I am a fan of Almay and I read on the tube that this is pretty close to all natural so I was really excited. Got home and opened the tube and actually almost got sick when I put it on my lips. Wiped it off immediately and my $1 went straight into the trash. Don't buy this. Nasty, nasty, nasty.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by KieuNguyen

**Pros: It's cheap for being a natural lipgloss; it's moisturizing.
**Cons: It smells horrible, like rotting playdough or something. The smell on its own made me not want to use it, even as a lip moisturizer at night. I can't stand its super strong smell. Also, the color in the tube is pretty, but once you put it on, its watery consistency makes it almost clear.
I bought these in 2 colors, but the stickers with the shade names came off both tubes. It really didn't matter because both smelled horribly and were not worth the cheap price I paid. I wish I saved my money for ice cream or something instead, lol.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2011 2:49:00 AM More reviews by NssjPryncess408

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I dont even know where to start..i bought this from target on a whime cause it was marked down.so i figuered why not..i got the peach shade..i should of read MUA for reviews first! I came home and opened it to discover the awful "saw dust".i thought maybe it was a bad one or something..til i read others reviews of the same god awful smell...the tube and contents are soooo stiff i had to use both hands to squeeze the gloss out..which is an okay color for being "peach" kinda simular to mac glamoursun lipglass.but the smell is just to much for me..i smells like saw dust or plywood..something..so gross..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can only add to the negative reviews - this gloss is horrible. The only reason I got it was because I was looking for a nude gloss and came across this one at Walgreens for ~$2. Thank god I didn't pay full price for this, I'd feel ripped off. The smell is awful, the texture is weird, and to top it all off the color I got (Natural) wasn't even anything special. Plus the packaging was too stiff or something because I practically had to smash it just to get anything to come out, and all that would come out was oil because the stuff had separated.
An all-around dud, definitely would not purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by labu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish I paid what everyone else seemed to for this product... at the CVS near my house, they were 7.99 each! I guess it doesn't matter, I ended up returning 2 out of 3 of them anyway. I read others' reviews regarding the "sawdust"-like smell, and thought, "Hah, yea, okay, that's probably the closest description they could come up with." But no. Seriously. Sawdust. It smells like sawdust for real. I couldn't believe how potent it was, either, like I wouldn't want to get close to my boyfriend wearing the stuff. I bought Petal, Nude and Natural, and I gotta say, the colors looked SO good in the tubes. Petal ended up being so sheer that there was no point (I have a tinted lip balm that does the job), and Nude had absolutely no effect. I ended up keeping Natural only because it's the lightest color and at least nudes out my lips a bit, which is kind of nice. All of them, however, do separate, like others have mentioned, as the oil builds up in the back corners of the tube where you can't massage it out of, and into the top of the tube where the hard plastic is... another place you can't massage it out of. When I first opened them all, I had to squeeze out a good quarter teaspoon of oil out of all of them before seeing any actual product. I returned Petal and Nude, and Natural still seems to squirt oil first every time I use it. Wish I listened to the reviews. Don't let the appearance fool you.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by kdigggs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

YUCK. the smell of this is ROTTEN. i am glad to read it's not just me, becuase i thought maybe my tube had gone bad in the store or something...smells like wood and chemicals. weird. too bad, because it looked so promising in the tube. such a pretty color (i bought peach). i never throw things out, but this is going in the trash. i just can't deal w/ the smell/taste.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by purplepandabeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this product at my local 5Below and I really like it! It was around 3.00. The packaging I think is really good and study. The only thing I don't like is the smell. But I don't taste it on my lips! I is really long lasting. I have mine in the color fig which is a dark brown. I would usually never buy a dark brown but it blends in and looks really pretty!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by laurxrawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

got this from cosmetic warehouse fig.
I don't hate it as much as other reviewers but I definitely do not love it. Its a pretty meh gloss. I was really excited for these. I was happy to see the drugstore expanding its organic makeup variety. The pigmentation is pretty bland. The color shows up on my lips but hardly. I would imagine this is worse if you get the lighter shades. There is a slight chemical scent. I don't detect a taste. The tube itself is cute I suppose but it doesn't have the shade written on it which is beyond annoying. The lasting power really sucks. Twenty minutes after I applied it was gone. Keep in mind I was doing nothing not eating drinking or even talking. I was just hanging around the house.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by catahstrophic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok...I have never disliked a product so much. I found this at my local Walgreens as a LAST CHANCE. It was the VERY last one, so I bought it only being $2.19. I will probably return it and buy something else, even though it's only $2, it's still $2. If I can find that stupid plastic packaging.

Why I don't like this product:
-It smells TERRIBLE. Like wood. It's gross. I was so grossed out. There is a difference in being natural and smelling gross. I have vegan and organic makeup and they do not smell bad like this does. GROSS GROSS GROSS ALMAY COME ON!

-The gloss separated from the color. So I had to squeeze out clear gloss before I got the pigmented gloss to come out. That's annoying and gross. That should have been my first tip.

-The color was not even there. Granted when I smelled how gross it was, I did not put any more product on.

If I don't return this, I will throw it away. Don't buy this, ever. Buy a cheap Bonne Bell lipgloss if you want something clear, cause this is horrible. And I like the Almay Pure Blends eyeshadows but this gloss, TERRIBLE. Not even worth a ONE!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Tistock1

can i assign negative lippies? This is by far one of worst products I have ever used. I threw it away and I'm way too cheap to ever throw anything away! The texture and smell reminded me of something you would find in a garage. Axle grease?