April 19, 2014 | 1557 users online

Treatments - Jurlique - Skin Balancing Face Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by jessitanner

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Even though I said I would buy this product again, I am 50/50.
I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and have been told not to put oils on my acne skin. This product neither improved nor made worse my acne.

Pros
- My skin did not have a harsh reaction to it
- Found that it worked well, almost like a serum, before putting on my face cream
- Lasts a long time, which can be attributed to....
- ....Great dispenser that allows only a small amount of the product to be put on the face. Even though the instructions said that about 3 drops would be fine for the entire face, I ended up using a LOT more than that. Probably about 8 drops.

Cons
- A bit expensive
- Didn't really see any results. Didn't do anything, positive or negative towards improving my skin.
- Was not as moisturizing as I thought it would be. But wasn't drying either.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 11:02:00 AM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is one of those face oils which is actually better suited for balancing oilier complexions. My skin is more normal to dry, and this dried it out even more! It didn't matter what moisturizer I applied on top of it, my skin felt parched and raw by midday. I feel the formula is too astringent. It's too bad, since I really loved the herbal aroma this gave off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by karinc713

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this underneath the moisture replenishing day cream. it absorbs immediately and leaves my skin baby soft and radiant. I enjoy the natural fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by doreenk

I recently decided to try out Jurlique based on their good reviews to combat my dehydrated skin. I am now using Lavender Hydration Mist, Skin Balancing Face Oil and Moisture Replenishing Day Cream. They are working well for me so far. The Skin Balancing Face Oil feels nice on the skin. I especially like the smell, very aromatic. I use about 3 drops for my whole face and neck every morning and night between the Lavender Mist and the Moisture Replenishing Day Cream. I have combination and dehydrated skin, oily T-zone and dry flaky patches here and there. This works well for me and doesn’t make my T-zone any oiler than it was. It is on the expensive side, but for the quality that it has, well worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by zoemaree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Though I have worked for Jurlique in the past and visited their gorgeous biodynamic farms as part of training (I'm not biased, I swear!) this is the only product I have ever actually purchased for myself while working there and I would have done so even at full retail price. I give it four stars because although it is a multi tasking product, I often find myself wanting to layer on something heavier in my dry spots when I use it as a moisturizer (hello, Weleda Skin Food!) and it can be a little expensive if you're not budgeting in advance. That said, it is a completely great all-rounder and I kinda think everyone could use a bottle. Unless you're sensitive to strong smells, in which case.. steer clear. The first time I tried it, I ended up giving the full pre-release bottle to my mother because the smell gave me one whopping great headache. Either they have toned down the fragrance or my nose just doesn't care any more, but please give it a whiff if you can before you buy because it is still very... distinctive, to say the least. I can imagine not everyone would like it as it's a very heady chamomile-geranium-rose scent.

Routine wise, I use this on a damp face post cleanse & tone. Four to five drops warmed between my hands and dabbed all over my face. Once that's done, I press it all in with the 'press and release' motion that most Jurlique customers are used to hearing about and massage it around until it sinks in. Even-toned, healthy and glowing. Soothes my sensitive cheeks, calms any breakouts, keeps everything on my combination sensitive face happy and less likely to flare up or react when I do something stupid like try out six new products on my face at once. Jurlique, keepin' my prone-to-histrionics skin on the straight and narrow since 2006.

Use it under your favorite mask. Dilute a few drops in massage oil if you really like someone enough to share it with them. Slather it all over your body and then regret that you did such a thing because suddenly there's a huge dent in your tiny 50ml bottle.. but by god do you smell good!

My mum, who has only ever used oils on her skin for both cleansing and moisturizing, looks about ten years younger than she is. Genetics definitely play a part, but I can't deny that oils - and this oil in particular - are doing wonders for her skin and mine. It makes my skin feel nourished and I could easily use it all year 'round. In fact, I probably will. And then be very sad when I have to fork out for it again. A must have, in my opinion.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by jess37909

I really love Jurlique and their skin purifying mask and rose water balancing mist and I really thought I'd be over the moon for this oil too. I have been using it for a few months now and while my forehead seems to be perfectly moisturized, wrinkle free and glowing, my cheeks,chin, and around my nose are all flaking. My skin in that area feels super tight and no matter how much I use my Clarisonic brush to exfoliate, slather on the oil in the shower, my skin is terribly dry. I usually don't have such sensitive skin reactions towards products but I really noticed this one. I will have to buy a second moisturizer to layer on top as other users have suggested. This is definitely not convenient considering I paid almost $50 for the oil alone:(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by spaceagemouse

I like this oil. I can actually understand the ingredients list, so it feels like I'm doing something good for my skin. My skin is acne prone/combo, and has been really dehydrated since the winter time. For months it seemed that nothing could do anything for the flaky, dry skin. This definitely helps, although it usually isn't enough moisture unless I re-apply a few minutes later or use another moisturizer on top. It really does a nice job of calming redness though, and doesn't sting or cause breakouts (so far). I apply right after washing my face, while the skin is still damp (or I mist with Avene thermal water); rub a few drops between my fingers and press gently onto the skin. It sinks in pretty quickly and doesn't look greasy afterward (unlike jojoba oil, which never seemed to sink in and didn't help dryness that much). The scent is rather strong and floral, which I am not a big fan of, but it's not too bad. I actually preferred the scent of Clarins's Blue Lotus facial oil, but it didn't help with dryness as much as Jurlique. Try out a sample if you can before buying, as it is pretty expensive at $50 a bottle, but that seems to be the going rate for most nice facial oils.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Lovely! Smells like geraniums (but not in an overpowering sort-of way), leaves skin soft, dewy and glowing. No breakouts (so far) and actually calms the skin. Yes, it's kind of expensive $43+ USD (depending on where you buy it) but 3 drops per application for 1.6 fl. oz will last a very long time (if used morning and night, it should last you 3-4 months, which means almost $11 USD per month - not bad for the results it gives).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by babyslk7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yes Yes!!! I'm a new fan for this oil. As an acne prone skin since I was 16 (29 now), I was always afraid to use anything that associate with "oil". Boy, I was wrong. I do feel as of now, the more hydrated your skin is, less acne will forms. I was doing the opposite in my early 20's. I bought this, because I live in So Cal dry climate and my skin feels dry in the winter time. Eventhough I use Chanel Hydramax serum, Clarins Youth night cream and few other night creams. I still feel dry. I use Retin A as well. I found this oil to be the solution. It's non greasy and easily absorb, but still leaving you that well moisturized skin. The flakes disappear and skin feels calm. I followed the direction to put 2 or 3 drops on cotton pad. Sometimes, I feel it absorbs more on the pad. So, I tried using my fingers and press it on my face and neck. I think putting it on your palm is a better idea, so it will spread out evenly on the skin and neck. Highly recommend. It doesn't stink or have strong smell. In fact, it's very mild. Bought mine on Amazon $43, cheaper than major retail stores.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by cick

This is my first review, and I write it because I feel positively evangelical about this product. I am in my early thirties and (apart from during pregnancy) have never had clear skin. Always redness, blemishes, fading scars etc. I started using this about ten days ago, and I now have glowing, seemingly poreless, beautifully clear skin - the type of skin you can't stop looking at (after years of hiding imperfections). This oil is gorgeous: it smells lovely, it is absorbed straight away and is enough just on its own at night. It is expensive-ish at $60 AU but will last me a long time. Apparently it is also to use under any mask (especially the Jurlique Intense Recovery Mask). So...I can only say BUY IT. I should note that I have used it alternatively with the Alpha-H Liquid Gold. I was given a bottle of this and had previously found it to be underwhelming. Either it is a good combination with the oil or it is the oil alone which is working WONDERS. My husband touched my face the other day and for the first time I didn't try and turn my head away in embarrassment at the close up view of my skin. I am hooked on this stuff, and to be loving an oil in the hot Australian summer - it must be good!