July 29, 2014 | 1940 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Nataliegsno

The hair oil is amazing. I had heard about this stuff and saw my friend using it in her hair and she said she loved it and told me to try it. It made my hair soooo soft I had to go out and buy it. It has kind of a weird smell but it doesn't linger anyway. I have a lot of hair so I split my hair in half and use one pump per half and I use it from the ears down maybe once a week. The oil absorbs into my hair really quickly and it doesn't look greasy or anything. This is expensive but it lasts such a long time that it's a lot of product for your dough. I'll repurchase once I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG! This product has literally changed my hairs life. Every time i use it people comment on how healthy my hair looks. Naturally i have alot of hair that is very thin, dry, frizzy and curly! A nightmare really and it requires alot of maintenance. Just one pump of this oil makes my hair shiny, sleek, less frizzy, healthy, it looks like i have had a professional blow dry. Its amazing. I have tried other cheaper brands and they just do not compare. The reason why its more expensive is because it has a higher concentration of argan oil in it. Cheaper products are cheaper because they use less argan oil which means you have to use more product to have the same effect. I also have the shampoo, conditioner and curl product which i like. I have to use head and shoulders shampoo every other time though to manage my scalp. Moroccanoil and my ghd is all i need to turn my frizzy curly hair into super sleek straight hair. No one even knows i have curly hair now!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by hdugg8

Buying the product again is varied for me because I wouldn't rush to Ebay to buy another bottle since it is expensive. Other then that I like the product, it's not a bad product at all and it does look after the ends of my hair which get really dry from having ombre. I have never been able to grow my hair out with think ends but this product helps so much with that. Although he careful when using hot tools because the oil can heat up and burn your hair. Xx

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by AnneLan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product for my coarse wavy hair. UNFORTUNATELY - I will not buy again as the bottle is now SMALLER and MORE EXPENSIVE. Boo!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by beecky

I've used this for years now and I think it's time to write a review. I've tried countless brands of hair oils and always come back to this one. Other oils stop working after awhile, and I feel like they're not fully penetrating my hair anymore. However moroccanoil never fails to make my hair smooth and silky, and it's one of the biggest staples in my haircare. This stuff brings dry, damaged hair back to life ! Oh and the smell !! It's just intoxicating. I wish they made perfume that smelled like moroccanoil, haha. I also use it on both damp hair and dry hair. Its a wonderful investment for your hair, and I couldn't go without it ! HG !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by MassacrPrincess

Fabulous! I bought this about two years ago for around $50 and I still have about 25% of the bottle left. I use it everyday/everytime I shower. After I shower I towel dry my hair and use a pea size drop and spread it throughout my damp hair. Ever since I used this product I've never brushed my hair, I never need to! It adds great shine, smell, softness and feels great! The only thing is it's hard to travel around with, but luckily I got a sample bottle which is made of glass I fill to travel with

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for over a year now, so thought it's due time I write a review. This is the best of the moroccan hair oils I've tried. I was uncomfortable paying so much for a bottle of oil, so I tried using cheaper brands, but they had the tendency to either weigh my hair down, or not provide any hydration whatsoever. I apply this to my hair when it's damp so it absorbs more of the product, and my hair sucks this stuff right up! It also produces a subtle shine, and is a good product to use before blow drying. I've gone through two bottles in the past year (I have longish hair), and am about to buy my third. I took one lippie off for the exorbitant price!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2013 6:32:00 AM More reviews by heohamzb2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After reading so many positive feedbacks I decided to try out moroccan oil. It was not quite cheap at all. After taking a shower I applied some on my hair, and it weight down my hair so much. Instead of making my hair look shiny and glossy, it made my hair look oily and greasy. Would not recommend this product to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by BamBlastBoom

SILICONES ARE NOT NECESSARILY A BAD THING.

I went to one of my favorite websites, The Beauty Brains (a website written by a group of scientists who bust beauty myth) to find out whether silicones are generally good or bad for the hair.

I'v also collected the most popular questions about silicones, I came across online and tried to answer them:

Do silicones dry out your hair because it stops moisture from getting in?

No one really knows, but in theory it could happen. However the hair would have to be stripped from moisture, and most often the opposite happens - The moisture you have in your hair is locked IN. So, the myth is partly true, but not necessarily a bad thing!

Can you wash silicone out of your hair?

YES, always. However regular use of products containing heavy insoluble silicones require a special cleansing shampoo to be removed completely, so it really depends on the type of silicones and whether or not you have applied multiple products containing heavy silicones. Some are easily washed out, some aren't!

This is what The Beauty Brains website says:

"The properties vary depending on which particular silicone is in the formula. Some silicones do leave a heavy coating on the hair that can be hard to wash off. Others are very water soluble and do not buildup at all. Dimethicone, for example, is the heaviest of all silicones used for hair care. It provides the most smoothing effect but it is also the hardest to wash out. Cyclomethicone on the other hand, gives great slippery feeling while you are rinsing your hair but it quickly evaporates leaving nothing behind."

Will silicones mask the hair damage, so you won't be able to tell your hairs condition?

YES it will!! Isn't that wonderful? It makes your hair look good!!

.. Cause lets face it, if you don't hide your damaged hair, the only other alternative is to cut it off... and really, lets be honest here, no one wants to do that!

I think it works wonders for my hair, but each to our own - but lets not hate it JUST because it contains silicone.

11 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by najahlasha

I'm sold.... Used it for the first time yesterday and I just used a quarter sized amount (I have thick natural hair and pay special attention to my hi-lights) and I immediately saw a difference! I'm giving away all my other hair products (except my Paul Mitchell skinny serum... Love!)